Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Update for Rock Drum Machine

The recent changes in Luis' other drum apps make it into RDM which is now designated as version 4 - Ableton Live support, Live Pads, improved jam function. My fav drum app!

Comments

• Not always found putting the song mode together as intuitive as it might be (I think this is just new-age shorthand for I don't geddit), but saving patterns set-ups to the live pads and then playing them from there is a a beautiful thing....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    ... but saving patterns set-ups to the live pads and then playing them from there is a a beautiful thing....

Wait, what now?

• @syrupcore said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    ... but saving patterns set-ups to the live pads and then playing them from there is a a beautiful thing....

Wait, what now?

So, create/find/make a beat/kit/whatever you like and long press a pad and it's saved therein. Add another. Toggle away etc.

RDM.jpg 75.7K
  • Never tried it. Looks really handy. Thanks @JohnnyGoodyear

• I love the song mode. It is one of the most helpful things for me on ios.

• edited October 2016

@High5denied said:
    I love the song mode. It is one of the most helpful things for me on ios.

I like it too, but it makes my limited bandwidth snap (it aint no DM1 :))

• edited October 2016

I wish the app would remember my last settings: bpm, pattern, kit, locked or unlocked.

• Quick question to the board:

From looking at YouTube vids... Luiz' apps seem to have what I consider to be the best samples around... but they are 'on rails' apps.. / playing sequences/patterns.

If there was an app with Luiz' range of sounds, that let you construct your own patterns specifically, I would be all into that. Does anyone know of an app like that?

(I asked Luiz if its possible to trigger all those great sounds if I connected. a midi drumkit to the app, but sadly it would not let you play individual samples; only let you trigger different sequences).

• @SkillipEvolver said:
    Quick question to the board:

From looking at YouTube vids... Luiz' apps seem to have what I consider to be the best samples around... but they are 'on rails' apps.. / playing sequences/patterns.

If there was an app with Luiz' range of sounds, that let you construct your own patterns specifically, I would be all into that. Does anyone know of an app like that?

(I asked Luiz if its possible to trigger all those great sounds if I connected. a midi drumkit to the app, but sadly it would not let you play individual samples; only let you trigger different sequences).

You can program your own patterns in his apps if that's you meant about constructing your own patterns. As for midi drumkit, the alesis app may be a help. Still, nothing like superior drummer yet.

• edited October 2016

Drum session is coming very soon as in the end of this month or beginning of next according to the last we heard. :) Anyone here doing beta testing for blue Mangoo?

• Does anyone know how I can create an empty pattern so that I can, in the song mode, add silence...To be able to save a pattern, you have to insert at least one step. Curious..

• This is what I was waiting for, thank you so much Luis really awesome update!

• @cuscolima said:
    Does anyone know how I can create an empty pattern so that I can, in the song mode, add silence...To be able to save a pattern, you have to insert at least one step. Curious..

I've run into this issue as well. When my song is played back via AUM into Audioshare, my big ending builds, splash, 2, 3, 4 - and right back to the intro. To be able to toggle looping on and off would be nice. As it is, I put a soft hi-hat on the last space of an empty pattern after the ending, but depending on BPM, that won't always allow enough time for splash and/or reverb tails to fade.

Being able to insert an empty pattern for silence would make RD much more usable for me. That and stem export. And a separate sequencing lane for the crash cymbal.

• @eustressor said:

@cuscolima said:

Being able to insert an empty pattern for silence would make RD much more usable for me. That and stem export. And a separate sequencing lane for the crash cymbal.

+3

• Stem export for me please.

• Damn, this is a really fine app! Still one of my favorites. Of course improvements are always sweet but this latest update really made an already superb app better still! Thanks Luiz!