Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need help! Cubasis2, Phasemaker, Minilab. CC#s???

So I'm using Cubasis 2 with a mini lab controller and I just got the Phasemaker. How do I assign the knobs to parameters? I see cc#s inside Cubasis? I can't figure this out? Frustrating.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2016

The CC's for Phasemaker's parameters are fixed, as listed below and in the manual. So, you probably need to know how to set up the CC's you want in the MiniLab itself, using the MIDI Control Center software that comes with it.

• Thanks. I can definitely automate parameters within Cubasis but setting up the knobs on the minilab will probably prove to bug the crap out of me as I'm only with my iPad Air 2. No computer at the moment for assignments to the controller. Oh well. Thanks for the implementation. I'll have to do whatever changes inside of Cubasis for now. If you have another solution, please let me know. And thanks for the time.

• edited October 2016

If you have AUM you could try this (not tested):

• host Phasemaker in AUM
    • assign your Minilab's CC codes directly to Phasemaker's AU Parameters (basically circumventing its own CC mapping)
    • route Cubasis MIDI to AUM (or load AUM into Cubasis as an IAA instrument)

Obviously the best solution would be for Cubasis to implement AU Parameter handling. AU parameters have nice meaningful names instead of numbers. My plugin's CC compatibility is just there because hosts are still lagging when it comes to meeting the AU standard.

• @brambos said:

• host Phasemaker in AUM
    • assign your Minilab's CC codes directly to Phasemaker's AU Parameters (basically circumventing its own CC mapping)

Obviously the best solution would be for Cubasis to implement AU Parameter handling. AU parameters have nice meaningful names instead of numbers. My plugin's CC compatibility is just there because hosts are still lagging when it comes to meeting the AU standard.

+10. To all of it.

Another alternative that would require some overhead is to make controller (re)mappings in MIDI Flow. Point the Arturia at MIDI Flow and have cubasis record the MIDI from MF. This will take longer to initially set up than the AUM method but can be saved as a preset and it will be usable with any app hosting Phasemaker (including stand alone).

Arturia seriously needs to get MMC working on iOS already!

• I'm seriously bugged about having to hook up MIDI controllers to a PC just to adjust parameters. I wish they all had iOS preset managers or onboard programming and preset banks.

It's outdated, but I'm so fond of the way my ol' Oxygen 8 v2 can be easily changed on the fly.

• @wim amen! There's not one controller that I know of with an iOS editor. Even controllers marketed at iOS musicians.

Notation X-station has programming on board. There's a desktop editor for it but it's not needed. Notation SL and Samson Graphite series also have on board.

• @brambos said:

• host Phasemaker in AUM

• Ya. I will try the AUM host idea right now. That makes some sense. Didn't think about it because I am just so incredibly happy to be messing with the, Phasemaker. It sounds freaking great and automating this thing is fun. Really fun. Thanks a million friends!!!!