Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ruismaker and Auria

Hi, what do I do wrong?...
I Take a MIDI file in Auria. Then Ruismaker in this track. Arrive in the Ruismaker but no MIDI data and otherwise no sound comes :(

Any idea what I might have done wrong?

Thank you very much for your help!

https://dropbox.com/s/pdvjk3aopyaj9qp/Auria%20Ruismaker%201.png?dl=0

https://dropbox.com/s/cdd4n11x6olnwqw/Auria%20Ruismaker%202.png?dl=0

Comments

• Maybe the midi-notes in the imported midi-file are not mapped to notes Ruismaker responds to?
    If you're importing GM-Midi it might be worth to go to Settings->Ruismaker and turn on GM Drum Mapping...

• edited October 2016

The notes the in the General midi file your using are not triggering the notes that are assigned to Ruismaker
    which are C#2, D#2, F#2, G#2, A#2, C#3, D#3,F#3.

• wimwim
    edited October 2016

It looks like the notes in that file are standard MIDI mapping of the notes. By default RuisMaker doesn't use standard MIDI mapping, but uses the "black" keys starting at C#4.

You either need to got to the iOS settings for RuisMaker and change it to use GM mapping, or edit the notes in the piano roll to move them to the default RuisMaker notes.

[Edit: oh. already answered three times while I was typing. :wink: )

• @samu posted the solution switch to GM mapping

• Thx i will try this . But i have also no Sound in Auria

• You have to arm the track.

• I'm by no means an AuriaPro (Don't evne have it) expert but shouldn't the 'instruments' be in the 'Instrument' slot?
    I have no problems running Ruismaker with any of the other hosts I have...

• Lol, @Samu: You could have bough it when it was on sale.

• @theconnactic said:
    Lol, @Samu: You could have bough it when it was on sale.

I can wait for the next 'opportunity' too...
    (I've read thru the manual so I know roughly how it 'works').

All I know is that being a 'tech-junkie' I would end up being an un-paid 'AuriaPro Tech-Support' person :D

• @theconnactic said:
    You have to arm the track.

If that doesn't do it, then, also make sure the notes are in the right octave. Some GM files bring them in at a different octave. Open the piano roll and run your finger up and down the notes to see which ones trigger sounds. If none do then there's something else wrong with the setup.

• @Samu said:
    I'm by no means an AuriaPro (Don't evne have it) expert but shouldn't the 'instruments' be in the 'Instrument' slot?

I agree with this assessment.

• edited October 2016

@Washboy said:

@Samu said:
    I'm by no means an AuriaPro (Don't evne have it) expert but shouldn't the 'instruments' be in the 'Instrument' slot?

I agree with this assessment.

Actually it works both ways in the channel strip like in the illustration the OP posted or in the midi control
    instrument slot like @samu suggested which is also for assigning a external midi input to control the AU or IAA.

However I rarely use midi so I'm sure others will shed even more detail. But I will say Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM work just fine in Auria Pro.

• Ok i m sorry i have forget to Start Auria Again After Set The Ruismaker to Standart GM Drum Mapping.
    Thx for Your helps. Now its working.

• @Samu said:

@theconnactic said:

All I know is that being a 'tech-junkie' I would end up being an un-paid 'AuriaPro Tech-Support' person :D

@Samu you are incredible! You read the manual for Auria Pro without buying it... That is an real technerd! Love it!

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Samu said:

@theconnactic said:

@Samu you are incredible! You read the manual for Auria Pro without buying it... That is an real technerd! Love it!

He's also an amazing bug-hunter, so perhaps Rim would have a lot more work if he'd bought it ;)