Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FL Studio Mobile

Comments say the release is in 1-2 weeks.

Comments

• So to someone who's relatively new to iOS (and has no fond dorm-room memories of Fruity Loops on a TRS-80 with a cassette drive or whatever), where does FL fall in the pantheon?

Closed system, a la Gadget? But obviously without the gadgets?

Closer to Cubasis, with midi and audio in?

Or more like Beatmaker?

My question: Who is this for?

• V2 I think was strongly a closed system, but this new one seems to fall in between the spaces occupied by Gadget and Cubasis (or equivalents). Certainly seems to have support for user sourced materials. I think the direct integration with desktop FL maybe be the strongest thing to recommend it, for those of use with desktop end points. OTOH, it looks like it might actually be quite a flexible little bit of software, I suspect more FL "gagdets" will become available over time...

• V2 had Audiobus InterappAudio instruments export to midi export wav or AAC midi import wav import hard to see in what way it was closed.

• It's already live on the Play Store. Really nice. I can hardly wait for the ios version for my iPAd

• edited October 2016

ANDROID version hits the streets before iOS? The future SUCKS.

Maybe they're trying to win hearts & minds over the Android scandal awhile back...

• wimwim
    edited October 2016

The way they explained it was that since Android is so many times more difficult, they wanted to release it first. "Trial by fire" is the term they used.

• any idea when the OS X version is dropping?

• @kobamoto said:
    any idea when the OS X version is dropping?

They said 1-2 weeks in the comments.

• wow, looking forward to this

• I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Apple would 'drop da bomb' and release Logic for iPad.
    (RetroSynth, ESX24 and Ultrabeat go a long way and the 'engines' are already there in GB but without proper UI).

I mean developers need a 'reference platform' for testing their AUv3's and other stuff...

Then again a 'free' update to FruityLoops will always be welcome :D

• This Monday, FL Studio is releasing version 12.3.1 on the PC, so I think they want everything tied up a one unity............ has anybody seen Tranistor Bass?........... it's wicked....... almost as good as ABL 3........ But it's tied in with v12.3.1( so I've got to wait, not unless I download the Beta)...... I cannot say anything about the IOS version tho(under NDA orders of command)

• I have a gut feeling that some of the 'instruments' will be IAPs such as the transistor bass...

• @Samu said:
    I have a gut feeling that some of the 'instruments' will be IAPs such as the transistor bass...

If you already bought IAP from when you have FL Mobile 2, then you will keep them already. You don't pay again. Transistor Bass is extra.....

• Being an FL loyalist since 3.1 on PC but eminently disappointed by FLM2 I'm really hoping FLM3 comes through. However, since they want it to be identical on iOS, Android and PC (standalone and FL plugin) I doubt we'll get AU support.

• @wim said:
    The way they explained it was that since Android is so many times more difficult, they wanted to release it first. "Trial by fire" is the term they used.

Indeed. Plus, Android music makers are probably happy to have anything decent whereas a fairly healthy in size and vocal segment of the iOS music market is pretty spoiled (that'd be us). Much rather them beta on Android, thanks. :)

• @rhcball said:
    ANDROID version hits the streets before iOS? The future SUCKS.

Maybe they're trying to win hearts & minds over the Android scandal awhile back...

I was speaking to the guys on looptalk. They said Android outsells iOS these days too. Inevitable when you check the iOS vs Android market share stats.

http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp