Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Facebook or Audiobus Forum?

If you had to pick one?

Comments

• Well, Audiobus forum - no brainer. BUT, if the iPad Musician Facebook group accepted me, perhaps it would be tougher a choice. :)

• Audiobus Forum

• It has been brought to my client's attention that some younger readers might make the lamentable mistake of interpreting his most recent post at the venerable Audiobus forum as an endorsement as regards preference towards the social media webhole known as Facebook. May it please the court that this was by no means his intention and should his contrary meaning be so interpreted and erroneously so broadcast there will be trouble involving not good things. May the case rest, M'lud. I remain, etc etc etc.

• @Telstar5 said:
    If you had to pick one?

It's a matter of taste really. Believe it or not, I left the group a few days ago, but I haven't been active there for some time. Personally, I like the vibe and the personalities of the AB forum.

• I've heard that the youngsters these days prefer snapchat. So how's the iOS music scene on Snapchat?

• What is facebook? Is this app AB compatible? Cant find it on the list!

• I find forums much easier to read myself. But at the same time, a lot of companies depend on free hosting via Facebook too. Especially in Europe I'm noticing.

• I'll have to pin this one....

With a very large pin

• Never ever been on Facebook. Hopefully never will, life is short and I have stuff to do.

• edited October 2016

Facebook: a fiendishly clever invention by the lizard overlords where users willingly offer up self-surveillance, indispensable personal data for global corporations, swap traditional methods of protest for Like buttons - all the time allowing the new right wing plague to spread across the globe unchecked. While the masses share photos of cats.

Yeah, use it all the time.

• @Telstar5 said:
    If you had to pick one?

>

Facebook is largely for people with nothing to say, saying it anyway ad nauseum.

AB forum, is mostly people inspired by music, having side conversations, entertaining and informing one another.

No contest.

• Audiobus, easily

Facebook is a cesspool. If it closed today i wouldn't miss it, in fact i'd be pretty happy about it

• edited October 2016

facebook sucks. I don't have an account and won't get one.
    I must be antisocial. :D

• I'm as repelled by facebook as I am as microsoft – I won't have anything to do with either. Must be the blue in the logo – appeals to goody-goody well-behaved brainwashed vacant mind slaves.

• I prefer The iPad musician group on facebook. Only by a little of course...

• Audiobus forum 100%. Facebook can't be helpful at all. Forums are way better organized in posts , threads ,categories etc...
    Take a look at Novation Circuit Facebook group. I couldn't find info for simple things, it is chaotic. Maybe it's just me and don't know how to use Facebook as a tool.

• Audiobus Forum

Dont even have Facebook

• I prefer to remain faceless...so here I am...with my kinda' halloween-like avatar...

• I'm simply not on Facebook.

• The only thing I miss about Facebook is that group, but when I got Facebook out of my life almost 3 years ago life got a lot better (and I'm not kidding).

• All the cool people are in this forum.
    IOS musicians on FB is about as good as FB could ever get. It's a good site, except it's FB.

• edited October 2016

I strongly dislike the interface of facebook groups thing, also not a fan of facebook in general, so..

• Much smarter clientele on here

• edited October 2016

Vast majority of my fb friends are smart and a source of my local and further afield news. I think people dislike Facebook simply because they cannot handle it wisely.

Thanks to Facebook I also can keep up with my brother whom I haven't seen in 6 years and father who hasn't seen me in 4. Also other friends I haven't seen in donkeys

I also smoke dope occasionally which doesn't make me a junkie.

This was my response to the replies. Since I think the OP meant 'fb Ipad musicians' group then I definitely prefer this place here as threads are more focused and fb is pretty shit at handling forum-like business.

• @supadom said:

Good fair line even for those of us who are part of that para-military group The Ex-Junkie Tendency.

• i find that conversations evolve very quickly on here and that responses are on point. best place i have found to learn and keep abreast of new releases, techniques etc.

• edited October 2016

@supadom said:
    Vast majority of my fb friends are smart and a source of my local and further afield news. I think people dislike Facebook simply because they cannot handle it wisely.

Thanks to Facebook I also can keep up with my brother whom I haven't seen in 6 years and father who hasn't seen me in 4. Also other friends I haven't seen in donkeys

Yep, I've reconnected with a few old friends and family members courtesy of FB, so I'll always be grateful for that. It's what it does best.

But it does have a dark side, and more ulterior motives than an old Etonian politician, so I use with care.

I've got a mate who set up a company that works with FB and it's 'matrix'. Tellingly his FB profile is virtually blank.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

Good fair line even for those of us who are part of that para-military group The Ex-Junkie Tendency.

+1 Don't forget the Regimental reunion. Liverpool, The Adelphi, Oct......