Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave is on sale!

Blocs Wave - Make & Record Music by Novation
https://appsto.re/ca/L0MTab.i

Comments

• Super deal on an absolute must have app to rekindle inspiration and remix old dried up ideas into new life!

Jump on it asap!

• I just went for it, too many people talk good about this app...

• It's great. Now I understand :)

• Thanks, OP.

• Just bought, thanks!

• Can anyone direct us new purchasees to some enjoyable videos of it in practise?

Cheers!

• edited October 2016

@OscarSouth said:
    Can anyone direct us new purchasees to some enjoyable videos of it in practise?

Cheers!

Official: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgY59Gy9tlB70t5CIjZey7A/videos

TSTR:

Haq:

Haq 2:

• edited October 2016

I hereby remove my submission of Blocs Wave from the Boasts of apps we haven't got contest :)

• edited November 2016

I see it's on sale again and I'm tempted but I'm not sure it will work fine on my iPad 2. I will probably upgrade soon but in the meantime I'll have to stick to what I have at the moment. Is anybody running it on an ipad 2/3 ? How slow is it?

I'm asking because of my not so good experience with Launchpad 2. They say they use iPads 2 for development and that it should work pretty well but the reality is that it does not. I already have a bunch of apps that are too slow/almost unusable on the older devices despite that the developers claim those devices are fully supported - don't need another one

• @yug For $3, give it a go. It says, "Compatible with iPad 2" on the appstore, though iOS 8 is required. It's not a big download.

Also, you can check this massive thread for performance testimonials.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/12613/blocs-wave-a-new-app-from-the-launchpad-for-ios-team

• Got this the other day... Not on sale... :'( Found it to be better than expected. Basically good for playing around with and remixing phrases, as a sketch pad of sorts. Easy to import and export, and you can hide the factory stuff.

• @telecharge said:
    @yug For $3, give it a go. It says, "Compatible with iPad 2" on the appstore, though iOS 8 is required. It's not a big download.

Also, you can check this massive thread for performance testimonials.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/12613/blocs-wave-a-new-app-from-the-launchpad-for-ios-team

It's not about the money. The price is very good, no doubt about that. Even the full price is good because it looks like a very nice app and I also like that the developers are very active adding new features and fixing bugs.

The thing is that I'm a recovering app addict, I bought my last app about half a year ago. So, I really would like to know if I can use it on my ipad - at least I'll have something to silence my guilt :) I'm joking of course, well, half-joking, cause it's just $3 but you know how it usually goes - you do it once, do it the second time, and then you are back at it again...

Thanks for that link, I'll check it now

• Hey All,

Something is coming today... Something many of you have asked for a while. If you have Launchpad for iOS on iPhone or iPad, you're gonna like this.

// matt

• edited November 2016

@blocsxnovation said:
    Hey All,

Something is coming today... Something many of you have asked for a while. If you have Launchpad for iOS on iPhone or iPad, you're gonna like this.

// matt

I'm sure we'll do. Thanks.

• Hmmmmm export to launchpad direct maybe?

• Nice app, only i wished it supports midi clock sync in the future. I know it supports ableton link, but i cant get this app synced with other apps. Still a nice usefull app to throw in all your samples/recordings and play around, but midi clock sync would make it even better to use it together with other apps.

• @yug said:
    I see it's on sale again and I'm tempted but I'm not sure it will work fine on my iPad 2. I will probably upgrade soon but in the meantime I'll have to stick to what I have at the moment. Is anybody running it on an ipad 2/3 ? How slow is it?

I'm asking because of my not so good experience with Launchpad 2. They say they use iPads 2 for development and that it should work pretty well but the reality is that it does not. I already have a bunch of apps that are too slow/almost unusable on the older devices despite that the developers claim those devices are fully supported - don't need another one

I've run it on iPad 2 with no problems, latency, glitches, etc...
    Also, have no problems with Launchpad on the same device.

• So what are the main use cases for Blocs Wave? I bought it during the last sale but haven't played with it yet beyond stacking three random loops on the main screen.

Recording input from other apps?

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I've run it on iPad 2 with no problems, latency, glitches, etc...
    Also, have no problems with Launchpad on the same device.

Thanks, that's nice. I think I'll give it a go.

Regarding Launchpad: I just installed it again and played with the default projects for 5 mins. Looks like it works almost fine with some of them and with the others, I get a lot of stuttering when switching loops. Don't know why. I guess it depends on the audio files you use, too much compression or something like that

• @blocsxnovation said:
    Hey All,

// matt

I don't see any discounted prices for Bloc Wave/Launchpad sound packs yet. I am looking forward to doing so.

• @brambos said:
    So what are the main use cases for Blocs Wave? I bought it during the last sale but haven't played with it yet beyond stacking three random loops on the main screen.

It's fun to use to record loops, chop loops to some degree and try loops together. I sort of use it as a masher of loops and ideas generator.

It's very simplistic in many ways, yet it has hidden depths. Just enough to get some good ideas rolling before easily exporting all its separate parts out to other apps.

• edited November 2016

@JeffChasteen said:

@blocsxnovation said:
    Hey All,

// matt

I don't see any discounted prices for Bloc Wave/Launchpad sound packs yet. I am looking forward to doing so.

Blocs Wave itself is price reduced from today. We'll be annoucning Black Friday deals for other features closer to Black Friday.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

It's fun to use to record loops, chop loops to some degree and try loops together. I sort of use it as a masher of loops and ideas generator.

It's very simplistic in many ways, yet it has hidden depths. Just enough to get some good ideas rolling before easily exporting all its separate parts out to other apps.

Cool! I'll have to sit down with it and try some of that good stuff.

• Okay> @blocsxnovation said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@blocsxnovation said:
    Hey All,

// matt

Blocs Wave itself is price reduced form today. We'll be annoucning Black Friday deals for other features closer to Black Friday.

okay cool

• @brambos said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I use it to record and import everything, other apps, synths, vsts/pc daw etc. The more my cache of recordings grows the better Blocs gets in that there is more to chop up together. So now I bounce material back and forth between Blocs and a PC Daw all the time.

• @AudioGus said:

@brambos said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I use it to record and import everything, other apps, synths, vsts/pc daw etc. The more my cache of recordings grows the better Blocs gets in that there is more to chop up together. So now I bounce material back and forth between Blocs and a PC Daw all the time.

That's the thing. Blocs really does get so much better the more sound material you have to work with.

• If you're on the fence jump in before the train leaves! At this price it's almost free!

• Bought it an hour ago. I should be in bed already but Blocs is so much fun.. :) Seems to perform reasonably well even on an iPad 2 but I played with just 4 loops, gonna do more testing tomorrow. The sound packs that come with it are real good (I bet those that you have to buy are even better) and I really enjoyed mixing loops from different packs - to my surprise, even cinematic and chip tune loops when combined can sound great.

As for fighting my app addiction, I'm going to pretend I got it for free, cause $3 for such an app is nothing :smiley: Besides, the remaining 3 apps in my wish list are $30 each, so I guess it will be easier to restrain myself

• I keep saying there should be an app aftermarket. Where we could sale unused apps and apple will still rip profit.