Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad for iPhone - V4.0 // Start new projects, edit pads and import sounds, now on iPhone

Hey All,

We’ve got a fun new update coming out today.

We’re announcing Launchpad for iOS v4.0 - a major new update for Launchpad for iPhone, which allows you to build new remixes, explore your sounds, edit pads and much more to help you create unique performances and remixes. Before this release, it was only possible to load preset soundpacks on iPhone. Now you can start your own projects!

Audio Import* (IAP) is now also available for iPhone. You can now easily bring in your own custom sounds and loops from almost anywhere including Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, AudioCopy, AudioShare, Airdrop. Launchpad for iPad has also been updated to support iCloud, GoogleDrive, and many others. 

Highlight Features

Launchpad for iPhone (Free Update)
• Create new projects 
• Browse for sounds in your library and assign to pads
• Search for sounds by Soundpack, Category, Type by BPM or name
• Tag favourite sounds and filter by them
• Edit Pad settings such as loop or trigger type, Sync type, Gain and Pan
• iPhone 7 supported: Haptics support for FX, and panning added for stereo speakers

Launchpad for iPhone (In-App Purchase) +
• Import from almost anywhere Dropbox, AudioCopy, AudioShare, Airdrop++
• Create your own nested folders to manage your imported sounds
• Manage move, delete, Rename, and change categories
• Assign to Favourite sounds
• Edit Sound settings such as Default Volume, Category, and name

Launchpad for iPad (Free)
• Panning per pad
• iPad Audio Imported Updated 
• Now import from many more sources iCloud, GoogleDrive,  as well as Dropbox, AudioCopy, AudioShare etc

// + In-App Purchase required
// ++ Cloud Storage App i.e. Dropbox App, needs to be installed on your device to use features.

Download Launchpad for iOS here
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/novation-launchpad/id584362474?mt=8

Comments

• Great update, easier and easier to get sounds into Launchpad with each update :) thanks peeps

• edited October 2016

• Panning per pad

Nuff said.

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Panning is good, I like to be stereo creative.

• edited October 2016

Holy guacamole, this is cool. and finally Google Drive.

• @blocsxnovation Thanks for the update. It would be nice if we could determine how much space the IAP will occupy. Any info there you can pass along?

• @telecharge said:
    @blocsxnovation Thanks for the update. It would be nice if we could determine how much space the IAP will occupy. Any info there you can pass along?

Enabling the 'Audio Import' feature uses no additional space. However, the audio you import, will take up as much space as the 'size' of the files you import. We'd advise using compressed files to save space, which is why we've added a new handy 'compress audio on import' option, to make life easy for you.

• edited October 2016

@blocsxnovation said:
    Enabling the 'Audio Import' feature uses no additional space. However, the audio you import, will take up as much space as the 'size' of the files you import. We'd advise using compressed files to save space, which is why we've added a new handy 'compress audio on import' option, to make life easy for you.

No, I'm talking about the soundpacks you sell. From the Appstore description:
    "Launchpad comes with eight soundpacks to get you started, with fresh new soundpacks available from our store to satisfy your musical desires."

I have restored purchases, but I can't tell what those eight are supposed to be, or if I have them downloaded or not -- though I did manage to get Acid Redux installed. The list is WAY too long, in my opinion. No one wants to scroll and scroll through all that mess.

EDIT: Okay, I think I get it now. 8 soundpacks come with the app, and 3 IAP are free to download.

• FINALLY!!!!!!

But....a year too late for me, i needed this feauture badly (because of my setup involving an iPhone) , now I don't (have 3 iPad).

It's so funny how something I wanted now it's a reality and I don't really care as much.

It's still great.p

• Just an FYI, my installation is clocking in at 420 MB with 4 IAP installed. Time to fire it up!

• edited October 2016

Thanks for the update... The Import feature is a big plus...

Now, all we need is multitrack export and 'scene snapshot' (song mode)... for now..

Edit... Forgot... And the Key feature will be nice...

• I want Novation to host my soundpacks AND/OR allow me to directly transfer them to a could drive with no intermediary. I don't understand how these big companies fail to recognize how "space poor" many of us are with our iDevices.

• edited October 2016

@blocsxnovation that's REALLY GREAT update ! So easy to import loops created with AUM then Audioshare, then import to Launchpad. The folder import, with tags, so neat...
    Thanks for that !

As a feature request now... (as always...)

1.When creating a new project, could we have it also based on our own ? Actually you may create a new one (blank, but I already did that by creating a blank one long time ago...) and based on packs imported.
    If it's too complicated, just a "copy project" simple function !

2.More subdivisions on sync alf beat tempo loop, like 16, 32, 64, (128, 256 if possible...) to have much longer loops to sync.

3.Backup / Restore on your computer, or with other iPads...At least our projects ! (with our samples) Or something to save links to soundpack and parameters (volume, pan, loop...) of projects.

4.You can't switch to other apps while importing a (big) sample. It cancel the import.

Then I must say it's now a perfect suitable app for my live sessions... :)