Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audulus Analog Delay/Chorus + Spring Reverb - Ready to drop into Audiobus!

2»

Comments

• ^ Agreed. If you're willing to wait, you can catch most UAD plugs for under $100 apiece.

• @Audulus_Mark said:

@brice said:

@Audulus_Mark said:
    @brice - same! My input channel for most everything is Neve 1073 -> Studer -> Fairchild 660 - the result glows so much it's almost radioactive! :)

Those two are on my UAD wishlist....which is more like a "drain my bank account into oblivion" list! But there's no denying how good their stuff sounds.

Just wait for the right sales - sign up for their email list and make sure you open every single email they send you (they can track that stuff). They will eventually send you lots of good coupons - I got the Fairchild 660/670 for FOUR DOLLARS. It was two coupons + crazy summer sale. Seriously. A $300 plugin version of a $20,000 compressor for $4.

WHAT?? That's insane! I've used a couple coupons in the past, but At different times. I had no idea you could use more than one coupon at a time. Gotta step up my coupon game apparently!

• Audulus is on my want list already, didn't realise you could use if for FX as well so it's just jumped a couple of places upwards..

• Awesome! Thanks mark. What a great hard working guy you are. (Imo;)

• @Audulus_Mark nice sounding delay :)

Do you know if there are any plans to add AUv3 extensions to Audulus? It would be great to be able to use fx like these as an au and also build your own etc.

• @Carnbot said:
    @Audulus_Mark nice sounding delay :)

Do you know if there are any plans to add AUv3 extensions to Audulus? It would be great to be able to use fx like these as an au and also build your own etc.

Now that sounds like a cool idea. Doesn't sound like something that could be easily accomplished but I know next to nothing about that,....and it does sound like a cool idea.

• Yes, w> @Carnbot said:

Yep! Dunno the time table on that, but this is a definite part of the plan. Think using the Moog VCF plugin inside a delay loop and using the API channel strip plugin as the compander!

• @Audulus_Mark said:
    Yes, w> @Carnbot said:

Yep! Dunno the time table on that, but this is a definite part of the plan. Think using the Moog VCF plugin inside a delay loop and using the API channel strip plugin as the compander!

Oh great news :) look forward to that...!

• What about link?

• Link is also coming

• Cool, I hope that is in focus.

• @lala said:
    Cool, I hope that is in focus.

We have 20/20 vision :)

• ^^ focus of interest :D

• That sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing. Think a healthy set of effect presets for Audulus with audio examples posted here would move a nice chunk of users to head to the App Store. We're effects nuts.

Would be extremely useful if that set of effects had similar controls mapped to the same MIDI CCs so you could confidently swap out delays and know that knob X on your controller will always adjust feedback, knob Y == level... no matter how crazy different the actual audulus configurations were.

• Thanks for the feedback @syrupcore - we just added in the new update a preset module that allows you to not only store and recall presets, but to modulate through them. Check out the video below, and you'll see it at work on the It's A Trap!! Drum Machine.

As for mapping - that's something you have to do individually for your controller, since not every knob is the same from controller to controller. But once you have it set up for yourself, you can then swap them out easily! :)

• @Audulus_Mark said:
    Thanks for the feedback @syrupcore - we just added in the new update a preset module that allows you to not only store and recall presets, but to modulate through them. Check out the video below, and you'll see it at work on the It's A Trap!! Drum Machine.

That sounds very cool but I didn't notice it in the linked video. That mostly about the new included sequencers. I read this bit on the docs though. http://audulus.com/help/#Presets Do you mean that? Is that coming to iOS?

As for mapping - that's something you have to do individually for your controller, since not every knob is the same from controller to controller. But once you have it set up for yourself, you can then swap them out easily! :)

Of course. But it's a lot easier to program a controller once to control 30 different presets with the same default mappings than it is to edit 30 different presets to match your controller! :)

Not the sort of thing that's going to cover all use cases for sure. It's more a "sensible defaults" or "convention before configuration" type suggestion. Audulus is all about the beauty and power configuration but a little more convention on the front end might help users who only want to use and tweak presets get off the fence.

Or perhaps a future extension of the preset module could include a controller remapper for those with fixed controllers where presets could expose control points and the preset module itself would allow users to midi learn those.

• I didn't mean to turn this into a feature request thread! Sorry. And they're not so much requests as me spitballing ideas on how to grow the market for Audulus users who are not makers. Thinking of those who buy and love reaktor instruments but have no time or inclination to build things in reaktor.

• @syrupcore the preset module is at 0:50 towards the bottom of the screen - you can see it connecting to all of the parameters of the drum machine and randomly switching between presets. That random switching is what's causing the drum sounds to sound different (open/closed hat is the most noticeable).

Thanks for pointing out that thing in the docs - that's actually old and something that can't be implemented with the way things are now. However, the preset module basically does the same thing!

The problem with default mappings is what if you have multiple different modules with overlapping controls in the same patch? It would take less than 10 seconds to map each delay to your specific controller, and once you've done that, you don't have to redo it.

The 3.3 update has started the convention/preset addition that people have been asking for for a long time. All the signal flows have been standardized and there are lots of preset patches that are included.

Audulus is definitely now for people who aren't makers. There are hundreds of ready-to-go modules to use. If you know about modular synthesis it's easy to dive in immediately - if you don't, you can easily learn!

By the way, are you an Audulus user? If not, now is a great time to get into it. There is a cool effect called the Icebox Audio Freezer that is like a auto micro-looper that I made. Will post a video demo of that soon.

• @syrupcore said:
    I didn't mean to turn this into a feature request thread! Sorry. And they're not so much requests as me spitballing ideas on how to grow the market for Audulus users who are not makers. Thinking of those who buy and love reaktor instruments but have no time or inclination to build things in reaktor.

If I look at the reactor user lib it seams to be from the usual suspects ...

• New podcast tutorial on how to make modules and dissecting already built ones - have a look see and make any requests for future tutorials here or at [email protected] :)

• @Audulus_Mark this all looks (and sounds) wonderful. Your efforts are appreciated!

• Just started a new tutorial series - this will show you how to make effects and synthesizers that you can use with Audiobus as well as your Eurorack synthesizer (if you have an Expert Sleepers ES-8 that is! :) )

• While Audulus is fine for people who aren't makers, if you want to become a maker Audulus is a great learning tool. I've picked up loads from dissecting the various modules people have built. Recently I've also been watching modular tutorials on YouTube and reimplementing them in Audulus. Really fun stuff.

• @cian said:
    While Audulus is fine for people who aren't makers, if you want to become a maker Audulus is a great learning tool. I've picked up loads from dissecting the various modules people have built. Recently I've also been watching modular tutorials on YouTube and reimplementing them in Audulus. Really fun stuff.

Great idea! Could you recommend some modular tutorials?