Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT (kind of): Jean-Michel Jarre using Animoog live

This was mentioned over in the iPad music forum on Facebook but JMJ is using Animoog during his current live tour. Went to see him last night (and very good too!) so heard and saw this. Even better this section is filmed and projected on the fancy screen things they are using. And even better it sounds amazing - really expressive like Animoog is. I know we don't need any convincing that these iOS apps can make "proper" music, but I'm guessing there are a lot (majority?) of people who arent aware or if they are, consider iOS as a lesser option for music making. If JMJ (who no doubt can choose which ever synth from the entire history of synths) chooses an iOS tool for his live work its because its the best tool for the job.

Comments

• Yeah Jarre has got into soft ware synths of all kinds in a big way. Think he feels the tech is way more reliable than his aging and costly hardware to gig with. He won't care a jot of what people think as long as it does what he wants - way it should be.

• I felt like telling people "You see that on the screen there? Well you could buy that for less than what you paid for the ticket to listen to it" :-)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yeah Jarre has got into soft ware synths of all kinds in a big way. Think he feels the tech is way more reliable than his aging and costly hardware to gig with. He won't care a jot of what people think as long as it does what he wants - way it should be.

Indeed - its not what youve got, its what you do with it that counts :-)

Mind you he was ONLY doing Animoog - not (like me) trying to run several synth and FX apps though AUM in realtime and wondering if the CPU will max out when I touch the screen next.

• Hope he was in airplane mode. A FaceTime call mid-gig would suck! Kidding aside, it's great to hear that more prolific artists are using iOS.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Hope he was in airplane mode. A FaceTime call mid-gig would suck! Kidding aside, it's great to hear that more prolific artists are using iOS.

I hear he is going to do a whole album using FaceTime in concert ;)

• edited October 2016

@kitejan said:
    Indeed - its not what youve got, its what you do with it that counts :-)

yes, here's another couple of Frenchies, with a prominent solo line on a Casio toy keyboard
    the portamento of the SK-1 sampler at 2.00 (skip manually, I can't get the time info in), at 2.30 it's unmistakable beat drops in

or as Jack White would put it: who says you need to buy a guitar ?

bottom line: at a certain degree of celebrity you may enter the stage with whatever comes to mind... ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Well he did a video segment of Edward Snowdon as part of his set - maybe that was actually the FaceTime call?

• @kitejan said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Well he did a video segment of Edward Snowdon as part of his set - maybe that was actually the FaceTime call?

Lol. Yeah Jarre will try anything. It's good to see the old timers still being creative with what ever is about, just like they were in the old days really.

• I was very impressed about how energetic the performance was - and the first Electronica album (havent got the second..... yet). I find some of the JMJ output form the 90s wasnt really my cup of tea - but these collaborations work well for me.

• edited December 2020

Resurrecting an old thread with a photo from JMJ showing his set up for a live performance this New Year’s Eve.

Check out this comment

Looks like he has three iPads on the left with at least one of them running spacecraft :-)

Also he’s doing a live chat on the 29th of December for anybody interested.

• I’ve seen video of Suz Cisneros playing Animoog along with her buchla. It’s a great app

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I’ve seen video of Suz Cisneros playing Animoog along with her buchla. It’s a great app

Suzanne Ciani

Great to see JMJ using Spacecraft and I love that the forward thinking electronic musicians of the 70's are still forward thinking.

• @BroCoast said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I’ve seen video of Suz Cisneros playing Animoog along with her buchla. It’s a great app

Suzanne Ciani

Great to see JMJ using Spacecraft and I love that the forward thinking electronic musicians of the 70's are still forward thinking.

Frickin I-ad sut0vorrect!