Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video - Guitar Toolkit

After some useful discussions regarding video production in a different thread, I decided to use my humble iPhone 4 for the voiceover, and I was pleasantly surprised with how much better that worked than my earlier configurations.

Comments

• Nice job. This is such an underrated app. Ive had it for years and it's a favorite. Thanks for the reminder to pull it out once again for a fresh look.

• Thanks @wim. The chord sheets really make this app shine for me.

• Nice informative video, i never realised what Toolkit could do, and yes those chord sheets do look very useful :)

• Thanks for watching @AndyPlankton!

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Thanks for watching @AndyPlankton!

Now if you could just make a video of how I get Different Drummer to play a one-drop reggae beat with varied hi-hats and rimshots :)

• edited October 2016

@AndyPlankton - Mmmm, do you have an example that I could work from?

• @funjunkie27 said:
    @AndyPlankton - Mmmm, do you have an example that I could work from?

Ignor ethe waffle at the start - start from arounf 2:58

:)

I can do the Kick and regular rim in sequencer but have been trying to do the hats and snare fills using DD to get the variations with little or no success

• I'll see if I can do something with that @AndyPlankton.

• For now, @AndyPlankton, I uploaded a wave set in the Different Drummer community called Reggae Test. If you get a chance, take a look and see if that's on the right track.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    For now, @AndyPlankton, I uploaded a wave set in the Different Drummer community called Reggae Test. If you get a chance, take a look and see if that's on the right track.

Nice one fella, I'll take a look when i get home, thanks for taking the time to look at this for me :)

• No worries....that was a fun project. The key is to ensure the rest wave carves out a rest in the automation on beat 1 and isn't automated. I automated the ties, dynamics, and notes to add some flavor on the other drum parts. I also doubled the closed hat (used two tracks.) Then I added muted guitar with harmonies on beats two and four. Its not full on reggae, but may be a good starting point.

• 4.5.0 now has a Reggae Preset you can mess with.

• Looking forward to trying it! My demo didn't capture it as well as I hoped. If I recall, swing doesn't work in grid mode, and I couldn't get the feel in non-grid mode (is there an official name for that??.)....probably mostly to do with my capability.

• Excellent video!