Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audulus 3 update

Audulus 3 has been updated to v3.3 but I am having problems with CPU overload and audio breaking up when opening some factory preset patches like Arranger, Bassic Sequencer and BootStrap on my iPad Pro running iOS 10.0.2. This never happened before the update. I have tried looking for the buffer settings but cannot find them and I have reinstalled the app but the problem is still there. Please advise.

Comments

• edited October 2016

Oh good to know. There is hope for my iPad mini2 then. Thought it was just my older hardware. Maybe it is a software thing.
    This update may need some ironing. Not as improved overall as I was hoping.

• @Artmuzz said:
    Audulus 3 has been updated to v3.3 but I am having problems with CPU overload and audio breaking up when opening some factory preset patches like Arranger, Bassic Sequencer and BootStrap on my iPad Pro running iOS 10.0.2. This never happened before the update. I have tried looking for the buffer settings but cannot find them and I have reinstalled the app but the problem is still there. Please advise.

What is the CPU meter reading on those patches? I also updated and am not having any issues on the same hardware. The meter on my device reads around 45, 65 and 60% on those three patches respectively.

• Did they fix the bug where it would revert to an earlier preset and move stuff around seemingly at random?

• @excesseye said:

@Artmuzz said:

What is the CPU meter reading on those patches? I also updated and am not having any issues on the same hardware. The meter on my device reads around 45, 65 and 60% on those three patches respectively.

The CPU is reading between 90% and 100%. I am using an iPad Pro 9.7.

• @Artmuzz said:

@excesseye said:

@Artmuzz said:

Wow, that's quite a difference! I have the larger iPad Pro but they should both have the same performance. My tests were with nothing else running in the background. Have you tried a reboot?

• edited October 2016

@Artmuzz said:

@excesseye said:

@Artmuzz said:

Same for me on mini2 9.7

• @excesseye said:

@Artmuzz said:

@excesseye said:

@Artmuzz said:

Wow, that's quite a difference! I have the larger iPad Pro but they should both have the same performance. My tests were with nothing else running in the background. Have you tried a reboot?

I tried a reboot but still getting the same issue. Strange thing is though when I have the Audulus app playing and I double tap the home button to see the app switcher the audio plays normal but when I switch back into the app the CPU go crazy and the audio stutters and crackles.

• That is strange. It's probably worth posting over at the Audulus forum; I know the dev is pretty active over there.

http://forum.audulus.com

• I read the title of this thread as AUDIOBUS 3 update...For a minute I was excited.

• @Lacm1993 said:
    I read the title of this thread as AUDIOBUS 3 update...For a minute I was excited.

Not the only one!

• edited October 2016

Hi guys! I'm sorry people are having trouble with the update. This was unexpected, as it's been running totally fine on our systems. You will always get much faster and better support through [email protected] - a lot faster than posting on Audiobus's forum. The only reason I saw this was because I have a google alert for Audulus. If we can get people writing to us individually then we can narrow down what the problem is and fix it faster. Thank you! :)

• edited October 2016

@jn2002dk said:
    Did they fix the bug where it would revert to an earlier preset and move stuff around seemingly at random?

Yes, we did! :)

• @Audulus_Mark said:

@jn2002dk said:
    Did they fix the bug where it would revert to an earlier preset and move stuff around seemingly at random?

Awesome!

• @jn2002dk said:

@Audulus_Mark said:

@jn2002dk said:

Awesome!

Also, if you have any corrupted patches from this happening, send them to me at [email protected] - we might be able to save them.

• @Audulus_Mark said:

@jn2002dk said:

@Audulus_Mark said:

@jn2002dk said:

Awesome!

Also, if you have any corrupted patches from this happening, send them to me at [email protected] - we might be able to save them.

Thank you, that's very kind of you

I only recently got Audulus though so i had the bug from the start and figured i'd delay any serious patch making until an update so i've just been messing around and learning:)

• This app is AWE+SOME

• Thanks @Trueyorky! Let me know if you need any help getting started :)

• @Audulus_Mark I will, thanks Mark.

• Link to a new podcast tutorial series - 3 episodes available already:

• Audulus_Mark is totally manic. In the good, productive way

• @oat_phipps Just trying to make up for lost time! Have been slacking on these lately and I know people have wanted more tutorials for a while :) Any requests?

• Unfortunately, the audio breakup and CPU issue on some patches still remain on the Audulus v3.3.3 update running iOS 10.1 on iPad Pro.

• I have the same with iPad Pro 9.7 on iOS 11.3.1

And also the same behavior:

When I put Audulus to the background, or just make a screenshot and edit this screenshot (so that Audulus) is not visible at this moment, the crackling stops and the CPU usage goes down!