Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wired Ethernet from iPad

For my B-day I picked up an Apple USB to Ethernet adapter. Playing around, I discovered the following works:

1. Plug in CCK 3.0 to iPad
  2. Plug in Lightning to USB port of CCK 3.0 to Wall wort
  3. Plug in Apple USB-to-Ethernet Cable Male to CCK Female
  4. Plug in Apple USB-to-Ethernet Cable Out to Your Router etc.

This works for transferring data over wired ethernet for iPad, and provides enough power to do so without a Powered Hub in the middle. Good application for mobile gigs where no/unreliable internet/wireless (and use smaller footprint CCK, rather than Hub). Also good for large data (like MPE). Wired Ethernet generally better latency than USB <5 ms. And of course, 2 way Audio/MIDI between desktop/ios/any OS. I started w/ iPMIDI, but I'm going to check out Audreio next. Multiple Audio channels should be no problem - but I haven't tried this yet. More experimenting to come...

Comments