Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Drumbrute - Is this why iSpark isn't getting the love we wanted

Comments

• Oh yeah :)

• Love the look of it, but if it attracts crazy dancing ladies I'm out :p

• ^ I quite like crazy dancing ladies

• @gsm909 said:
    ^ I quite like crazy dancing ladies

I used to, but I'm too old to keep up with them these days :p

• Looks really nice. A lot of the same UI from the SparkLE controller.

• Has anyone seen any info on being able to pan the audio? Didn't see any reference.

• Mono out, so no panning. But multi out as well, so there you are.

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Mono out, so no panning. But multi out as well, so there you are.

Kind of kills the convenience factor. Not sure how often I would hook this up to a 12 input audio interface.

• @gburks said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

Kind of kills the convenience factor. Not sure how often I would hook this up to a 12 input audio interface.

You can get the crazy dancing lady to waft each sound left or right :p

• Add this to the list of things I don't need but really want. Right in front of the the Korg minilogue. Looks like a lot of fun.

• Feature request, if this could double as a SparkLE-like control surface for iSpark I could save table space.

• They aught to do some adverts with Brute deodorant for that genuine 80s groove

• Always seems to be the same, 20-something hipster bloke in product videos these days. Staggering lack of creativity. I'd like to see an overweight, beardless 57 year old tapping away in his flat in Pontypridd. Anything else really.

• They say that the hipsters and their generation are all poor as my generation has all the money, yet they all seem to be able to afford all the latest gadgets ! Well according to the adverts they do :p

• They represent my hairy ideal self... Mmm, hair...

• @MonzoPro said:
    Always seems to be the same, 20-something hipster bloke in product videos these days. Staggering lack of creativity. I'd like to see an overweight, beardless 57 year old tapping away in his flat in Pontypridd. Anything else really.

Great idea, but I think they're trying to actually sell these things.

Joking aside, have you looked at the advertising for ANY instrument? It's almost axiomatic that the models playing the guitar/drum machine/turntable/keyboards look like no actual working musician you've ever seen.

• @AudioGus
    They represent my hairy ideal self... Mmm, hair...

What is this hair thing you speak of ?

@gburks said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

It does kinda strange to only have mono out for the mix, it does limit it's usefulness straight away.
    I guess the price of a mixer should go on top, if you want to pan.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I'd like to see an overweight, beardless 57 year old tapping away in his flat in Pontypridd.

As long as that 57 year old has left his hipster days long in the past :D

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Always seems to be the same, 20-something hipster bloke in product videos these days. Staggering lack of creativity. I'd like to see an overweight, beardless 57 year old tapping away in his flat in Pontypridd. Anything else really.

Joking aside, have you looked at the advertising for ANY instrument? It's almost axiomatic that the models playing the guitar/drum machine/turntable/keyboards look like no actual working musician you've ever seen.

The guys with all the 'modelish' looks were all too busy bangin' chicks in my day to make music. Musicians on the other hand only got the rough looking groupies. That's why we all used to take drugs, to make the groupies look better :p

• edited October 2016

Well , ever the optimist ( ahem) , I'm hoping the Drumbrute gives Arturia more momentum to update the rest of their sequencing range into an integrated workflow .

Given the Drumbrute sequencer seems built on the BeatStep Pro , I'm hoping the polyrythm ,rolls , individual swing etc functions that I think are new to DB will also be implemented in the Beatstep/Pro AND iSpark ( & iSpark given midi out ) , so programming any of these on the bus/in bed could then be transferred /midi recorded into the DB ...or vice versa.

I'm still considering a mobile input device & deliberating between BSP & Sparkle .
    An update to either could get my money Arturia .

• edited October 2016

P.S regarding the young slim hipster adverts , in my head I still look like that . Removing all mirrors from home helps.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus
    They represent my hairy ideal self... Mmm, hair...

What is this hair thing you speak of ?

I have... memories.. faint yet... Nope, lost it.

• @Wally said:
    P.S regarding the young slim hipster adverts , in my head I still look like that . Removing all mirrors from home helps.

Thanks for the tip ;)

• Looks good in the Sonic State video. Got to be a bargain at the price quoted

• I'd like to hear some more demos. The device looks awesome from a workflow/performance/sequencer/UI point of view, but the first sound demos leave me a bit unimpressed.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Old guys buy stuff too.....just look at the average age of the Herbert's on here (including me).

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Old guys buy stuff too.....just look at the average age of the Herbert's on here (including me).

I've bought more stuff based on Nick Batt/Gaz Williams demos than on random hipster demos. Just sayin'

• I think the idea is that you route the sounds through a mixer and then apply whatever FX you want there, It kinda reminds me of a DrumStation but with sequencer and all the controls laid out on a large surface.

• its almost like this is designed to go through a Keith Mcmillen K-MIX......

• @brambos said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

I've bought more stuff based on Nick Batt/Gaz Williams demos than on random hipster demos. Just sayin'

Right, they use to do good in depth reviews with a nice critical point of view (they are very complementary). Really would like to buy some of the gear they reviewed and hope they will do one for this "Drumbrute".

Miss Sonictouch BTW..