Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria 2.06: AU support, IOS10 & MIDI keyboard! (EDIT: 2.07 and 2.08 updates with bug fixes!)

Topic previously called "Auria 2.06 will have AU support! And a global MIDI keyboard!"

v2.06
- Fixed iOS10 graphics issues
- Added Audio Unit support
- Added a new MIDI global keyboard
- Fixed issue with latency when bouncing

v2.07:
- Fixed issue with global keyboard not remembering last settings used
- Fixed issue with stuck notes on built-in synths
- Fixed graphics issue with track assignment box in the Import File screen
- Fixed crash issue with Drumagog plugin
- Fixed issue with automation not working on non-AU plugins and channelstrip

v2.08: (current version at the app store):
- Fixed issue with crashing caused by AU plugins with incorrect plugin information
- Fixed Global keyboard MIDI channel selector
- Fixed Global keyboard Mod wheel position and VelAUcity tracking

IMPORTANT: WHEN USING THE KEYBOARD, ARM THE TRACK TO HEAR THE NOTES!!

Known issues, reported in this topic:
- Remaster AU reported not working: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/276983/#Comment_276983, Rim recommended to contact the developer of any AU that doesn't work: http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13215&start=30#p50952
- Some users reported timing issues when bouncing AU instruments: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/276912/#Comment_276912 and https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/276957/#Comment_276957
- AU automation writing reported not working: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/277122/#Comment_277122 (EDIT: according to @WaveMachineLabs, this is an inherent drawback of iOS AUs, and automation can be written but not from the AU's GUI)
- Some issues with track visuals in the mixer view: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/277450/#Comment_277450
- MIDI panic (notes holding) when using FF synths upon stopping playback: http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14749
- Serious Tonebridge incompatibility with Auria 2.06 was reported: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/281379/#Comment_281379

Comments

• You mean I can spend more money on plugins? :smiley:

• @rickwaugh said:
    You mean I can spend more money on plugins? :smiley:

I've bought three Fabfilter plugins for my Auria Pro lately, and, wow, the quality of Fabfilters plugins is way behind any other FX on my iPad - whatssoever!

I love both Cubasis and Garageband, but, Auria Pro is one step further up in the Pro stadium...

Can wait enough for v.2.06!

• I have bought almost all the Fabfilter plugins. Didn't by the de-esser, as I'm not a singer. It's a brilliant app, and this will just make it better.

• I didn't buy the Pro DS because I can reduce sibilance with Pro MB. But I'll buy it at some point. Nice to see you around, @rickwaugh!

• @theconnactic said:
    I didn't buy the Pro DS because I can reduce sibilance with Pro MB. But I'll buy it at some point. Nice to see you around, @rickwaugh!

Tx, tc. Was ill for a bit, and then spent the summer working on my improv. Now taking composition classes from a wonderful teacher. Be back in song of the month at some point.

• That's great news!

No more hoop jumping when using Ruismaker in Auria

• Oh my god yes.

• I love Auria Pro and this is going to be a life changing update. The only problem, is that it really has no competition!

• edited October 2016

Cool (though perhaps not 'life changing') stuff. I should say though that perhaps the iOS10 fix should have been anticipated / sorted somewhat sooner ?

• We should have world peace, no starvation, and no disease.

Auria Pro is maintained by one person, and he’s going to be putting out a free update for ingrates, for something that Apple fucked up. I’m glad I’m not an iOS developer.

• My guess is that AU support and global keyboard were on the way before the issues with iOS 10 were discovered. I'm not a dev so can can only surmise that it's not possible, or really difficult, to take out the new bits, sort out the issues with the new OS, then add them back again later.

• @lovadamusic said:
    We should have world peace, no starvation, and no disease

Yes please

• Don’t update to a new OS until you know your primary apps work well with it. I thought everyone had figured that out by now. There are usually Logic bugs when a new OS X comes out. Yes, that’s an app made by Apple running on an Apple OS.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@rickwaugh said:

I've bought three Fabfilter plugins for my Auria Pro lately, and, wow, the quality of Fabfilters plugins is way behind any other FX on my iPad - whatssoever!

I love both Cubasis and Garageband, but, Auria Pro is one step further up in the Pro stadium...

Do you mean fabfilter is way behind other fx (meaning fabfilter are worse) or others are way behind (meaning fabfilter are better)? I do like them a lot. My favorite 2 auria plugs though are old timer and microwarmer. Still, I use the fab eq on almost everything that needs eq.

@rickwaugh @theconnactic
    Pro MB definitely can de-ess, and don't forget that pro-c can do it as well using the internal sidechain. I don't own MB so if I need to de-ess that's what I do. When I had all of the plugins as a beta tester the de-esser was very nice though. Not something I'd use enough to buy given the other ways of doing it, but it was nice.

I haven't been using auria much lately, I've been mixing on the computer for the little bit im doing because I need some of the automation options in reaper to mix live recordings. I'm hoping some day that touch mode makes it into auria. It didn't sound like it was the first thing in the list when I asked rim but maybe someday. I do look forward to this update though.

• Loop/cycle recording?

• Ah, the blessed midi keyboard. Fantastic.

• @mrufino1 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@rickwaugh said:

Do you mean fabfilter is way behind other fx (meaning fabfilter are worse) or others are way behind (meaning fabfilter are better)? I do like them a lot. My favorite 2 auria plugs though are old timer and microwarmer. Still, I use the fab eq on almost everything that needs eq.

@rickwaugh @theconnactic
    Pro MB definitely can de-ess, and don't forget that pro-c can do it as well using the internal sidechain. I don't own MB so if I need to de-ess that's what I do. When I had all of the plugins as a beta tester the de-esser was very nice though. Not something I'd use enough to buy given the other ways of doing it, but it was nice.

I haven't been using auria much lately, I've been mixing on the computer for the little bit im doing because I need some of the automation options in reaper to mix live recordings. I'm hoping some day that touch mode makes it into auria. It didn't sound like it was the first thing in the list when I asked rim but maybe someday. I do look forward to this update though.

;-) of course, Fabfilter is far superior to other FX on my iPad!
    That was what I meant...

Can't wait enough to wish Fabfilter could do an Pro reverb also...

Rock on dudes and happy weekend!!

• Funny, Microwarmer is the one effect I'm not likely to buy, despite its quality: I think Saturn kind of makes it redundant.

• edited October 2016

P.S.: I could justify buying the Pro DS if it's established it's not a resource hog like Pro MB.

• @theconnatic, do you know why Fabfilter hasn't made any reverb plugin to desktop/iOS?

I want the quality of Fabfilter to my reverbs...

• Looking forward to taking an AUified Auria for spin!

• Looking forward to use Ruismaker with Auria!

• @theconnactic said:
    Funny, Microwarmer is the one effect I'm not likely to buy, despite its quality: I think Saturn kind of makes it redundant.

I think they're pretty different. Saturn can do a lot of it but not as quickly and not on nearly as many channels. :)

• Well, if my iPad Air can take more instances of Microwarmer than of Saturn, why not? I'm closer to buy it because of this. Thank you!

• edited October 2016

EDIT: quoted the wrong post.

• AU support is definitely huge. I'm going to be able to use my DDMF 6144 and Envelope plugs along side my FF plugs. Things are getting serious on IOS, man. Now just need that rumored iPad Pro Mini to hit the scene next year.

• if you guys & gals like to have an face of the Auria developer there's an old video with Rim Buentas that is awesome!

I have an feeling that Rim normally is shy and likely best in the background (though his an incredible coder)...

Rock on!

• Wow! Amazing!

"Ba bababa ba baa baba"!!!

• @theconnactic said:
    Wow! Amazing!

"Ba bababa ba baa baba"!!!

Yeah! Sounds great!