Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song of the Month Club - October 2016

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. Instrumentals are fine, but songs with vocals are even better. A bad vocal is better than no vocal, so if you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material.

Comments

• edited October 2016

SoundCloud account:

https://soundcloud.com/song-of-the-month-club

October playlist:

• My new song, "Cara de Pau" - the title is an idiom for "shameless". Enjoy the tune, and have a nice week! Dimitri.

• Well, I was the first... didn't expect being the only at this time, though...

• @theconnactic said:
    Well, I was the first... didn't expect being the only at this time, though...

Will be keeping you company after work. Not sure the gaffer will let me sit in a comfy chair though. Think I will be tapping the boards with two burly reds either side of me Dimitri. :)

Looking forward to hearing/reading your song. I've cleaned my specs ready sir.

• @theconnactic Thank you for the heads up on the title. This is where you took me Dimitri. Verses- the bass riff is delicious and I went to "Vinyl" land. It so suits that period in time. Groovy. Can imagine Richie Finestra checking you out playing in a smoke filled club. How did you create that sound at 0.17? Wasn't expecting that. Very edgy. I couldn't keep my balance on that edge for long because when your rock riff kicks in, I tumbled over the cliff face and into "Shameless" I went. If you could please post me some vials of that riff, I will set up an IV and be drip fed by it for a month. Crunch.....have that. Love it. The wee snare/tom/bass drum flick in the break is perfectly timed. So why shameless? I know where the chorus thrusted me to but it's before the watershed so........ ;)

How do you create so many songs each month? You never stop churning out top quality, crystal clear delights for us to appreciate. :)

• This is not a love song. Cheers PiL. But it is. Back to basics. iFretless bass track squeezed through the Metal 150 amp with a size 10 steel toe capper slammed on the Big Pig & two distortion boxes both set to red line max. You real musicians must be in paradise. The usual skins. I may get permanent detention for this monstrosity. The last verse may downgrade my punishment to below "barbed wire lashes." Company/shoelace/arse/creep. Damn. Love a bit of sharp, rusty metal...........music.

All tongue in cheek. Lads song. Last one of these "throw away shit words, shit song" songs from me. Yippee, i hear from the walls of the Club.

If you are listening Mary, the bread and butter pud recipe worked a treat. That dash of cinnamon makes all the difference girl. Right. Back to the washing up for me. Then wash n blow dry Mrs Punks hair...... I dunno.

• edited October 2016

i decided to change my song because it's the first song with my new gear since I got jacked

• edited October 2016

It is a cover of Free As A Bird by The Beatles.

Another administrative thing: the first two Soundcloud contributions aren't clickable on my PC, it just says "Soundcloud" but thats all, not clickable, no link, no player. But on my iPad they are fine (player included). Weird.
    The third contribution (by trackedout) is just a link, not a player. And this is both on PC an iPad.

• Thank you, @Marcel: Soundcloud thumbnails have been messy these days on Facebook. I thought it was Facebook, but now the culprit seems to be Soundcloud itself.

• edited October 2016

Hey @theconnactic I just opened Google Chrome on my PC and there the player is visible!! It just isn't visible on Firefox on my PC, I usually use Firefox on my PC. It indeed is not possible anymore (I recently discovered) to post a song with the Soundcloud player on Facebook, just the link is there, not the player, I googled the issue and found out that this is a new policy of Soundcloud towards Facebook. But it should be working fine here (in the SOTMC). It just isn't working fine on my PC when I use Firefox (could be just my local problem).

• Thank you again, @Marcel!

• @Marcel said:
    The third contribution (by trackedout) is just a link, not a player. And this is both on PC an iPad.

That's because of the "m" at the start of the link, it creates a mobile-friendly link with no embedded player.

• @theconnactic well produced, well played, but I think you've got my feeling about your music, it's not my cup of tea, nothing personal...

@Bluepunk yeah :) I'm not crazy about the mix, too much medium, and too much reverb on the drums, maybe also on vocals. But damn, love the energy !!!! :)

@trackedout hmm some good stuffs, funny low-fi cover :)

• edited October 2016

Hi All, it's been a while. I'm hearing quite a variety here this month. I got a chance to spend a few hours in my studio and sketched this song that's been in my head for a few days. Just a poppy tune with some frothy lyrics. Feel good shit, dig?

• edited October 2016

After a serious drought, during which I found out my wife and I are going to have a baby, I decided I needed to start cranking out songs that my future child might like to listen to when it's time to go to sleep.
    It was also a chance to compare the new Cubasis to the new n-Track Studio. I did the song from scratch using the same instruments in each DAW using as much of that DAWs on board effects and automation as I felt comfortable using.

on #SoundCloud

Super diverse, hot and spicy mix so far this month, thumbs up to every tune on the list so far! I wish my stuff was half as good.

• edited October 2016

• edited October 2016

Was that iFretless, @Bluepunk? Wow! I'd never say it wasn't a fuzzy real bass. The drums are also really great, both the arrangement and the sound: DrumPerfect Pro, perhaps? Or did you actually play those drums? Well done!

• I'll review one of your tracks, @trackedout, because of the SOTMC rules. From the start, I enjoyed the overall sound, and the signature changes are really well devised. The timing is a little looser than I like, and at first it really bothered me, but after listening again, I think it ended up adding some life to the song. Good guitars! Great job!

• Hey, @NoiseHorse: the production could benefit from more polishing, better drum libraries and perhaps tighter timing, but I feel that you are in the right track. The song itself is very good. You're a fine singer, and the backing vocals are also sensibly arranged. The song itself is very good and last enough to say what's about without outstaying its welcome. Congrats!

• I really enjoyed how the song starts almost as a folky acoustic song, @supadom, transitioning to a stronger drive as it progresses. The melody is extremely catchy: I smell a hit here. Nice backing vocals, specially the falsettos that appears from the second bridge on. Clever to blend shakers, claps and guitar percussive noises with the kick to keep the rhythm tight. Hats off!

• Hey, @studs1966: the beginning of the song lives up to its name. I really was expecting something either like a Danzig or a Sisters Of Mercy song, but it became something different. Very creative: I liked.

• @crony said:

@Bluepunk yeah :) I'm not crazy about the mix, too much medium, and too much reverb on the drums, maybe also on vocals. But damn, love the energy !!!! :)

Nor me @crony you are right. Disappointed, frustrated myself on the mix. Two seconds to turn on distortion pedals and two millennia attempting to EQ it all out. Which I didn't, cos I can't. Pathetic waste of time.

• @theconnactic said:
    Was that iFretless, @Bluepunk? Wow! I'd never say it wasn't a fuzzy real bass. The drums are also really great, both the arrangement and the sound: DrumPerfect Pro, perhaps? Or did you actually play those drums? Well done!

Thanks Dimitri. Yes, iFretless through AmpliTube. Drums are Cubasis Allen Morgan Signature drums. There are fabulous patterns already waiting for you but I do like to make my own and leave blood on the pads.

• @Bluepunk said:

@theconnactic said:

Thanks Dimitri. Yes, iFretless through AmpliTube. Drums are Cubasis Allen Morgan Signature drums. There are fabulous patterns already waiting for you but I do like to make my own and leave blood on the pads.

The drum samples in Cubasis are fantastic, really powerful! Your skin(glass?) bashing skills really make a difference to your tracks though, makes such a difference having these rhythm skills.

• @Jocphone said:

@Bluepunk said:

@theconnactic said:

The drum samples in Cubasis are fantastic, really powerful! Your skin(glass?) bashing skills really make a difference to your tracks though, makes such a difference having these rhythm skills.

Thank you Joc. I have a cupboard full of plasters ready for the next glass shredding session although as you say, those samples are so good that now I'm starting out trialling them first then editing from there. It will free up more time to gain some form of basic EQ knowledge that I need. :)

• @theconnactic said:
    Hey, @studs1966: the beginning of the song lives up to its name. I really was expecting something either like a Danzig or a Sisters Of Mercy song, but it became something different. Very creative: I liked.

Thanks. ;)

• Running a bit behind this month as I have just got back from some autumn sunshine in the the Costa's. Hopefully catch up with the feed back this weekend if I ever recover from the hangover from hell. Something a bit different from us this month, instead of country tinged pop we have gone for a prog instrumental to make use of all the shiny synth apps I keep buying but never use. Featuring my wife on piano. Back to the singy stuff next month.

• Hey, @orchardman! Very good instrumental tune: I love how well defined are the different sections, and the guitar tone is great. Well done!

• @supadom said:
    Hi All, it's been a while. I'm hearing quite a variety here this month. I got a chance to spend a few hours in my studio and sketched this song that's been in my head for a few days. Just a poppy tune with some frothy lyrics. Feel good shit, dig?

I started off (or about a third of the way through) thinking this was several songs in one, but by the end they had come together nicely. I still think you have more sketch than nailed down number here, but I like the constituent parts quite a bit. Truth be told I'd like to ramble on a lot about how conflicted I am about singing falsetto, but that's mainly because I'm irritated at how effortlessly your pull it off :) Overall I would like to hear a fully-made-flesh version of this, but love it's lightness. Can easily imagine listening to it at a festival, maybe a little bit of Hammond in the background to go along with the bubbles blowing and the smell of weed. Good stuff.