Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Different Drummer/Gadget coupling

edited October 2016 in Creations

I've been trying to promote Different Drummer for some time now. I'm not affiliated with the dev, although we're friends, but my motivation is more about showing others that it's a unique app, worthy of exploration. This is an example of me controlling Gadget with DD. It's a progression in Gm. I would like to see the dev link it with GuideTrack, but there's still a lot that's available within DD itself.

Comments

• I have this app, but don't do a whole lot with it. Not because it isn't awesome, but mostly because I haven't taken the time to learn it, and what it's capable of.

So...........@funjunkie27, U wanna be my DD Sensei? ;)

• Always glad to help in any way @High5denied. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. DD is like many things in that once you wrap your head around it, you wonder why you struggled initially.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    I've been trying to promote Different Drummer for some time now.

May I suggest a more enticing thread title, Russ? I know in this case Gm is the key, but when I see "gm" in relation to audio, I automatically think general midi. Also, many here don't know music theory.

• Done @telecharge. Good suggestion. I didn't consider the confusion with general midi or theory angle.

• You know, I hate to say this, but this app is totally baffling. I have tried to noodle around, and at first I had some success, but now I have no idea what is happening, and it's like a robot drum circle, and nobody is taking the lead.

This is no doubt my problem. But if the "zenterface" is the quick way in, I may just have to give it a pass.

So you pros: Is there a quick way in? I get that there's no grid to set up a quick kik/hat/snare combo. (Why, though? Never mind.)
    But this app is like an encrypted journal of hieroglyphics, where nothing seems to take priority. Reading the manual gives me paragraphs on the power of waves, which is fascinating, but....

My kingdom for a DD Quick Start Guide!

• I'll try to push out a quick start video.

• Thats a good idea, i usally can figure things out but i too cant grasp this thingy

• @funjunkie27 said:
    I'll try to push out a quick start video.

That's very generous of you. I was going to say it's not your responsibility — but I would love to see it!

• No problem @ExAsperis99. It just finished uploading. I'll start a new thread to make it easier to find, but I'm adding it here as well.

• Thx funjunkie

• You're welcome @Bartlinux. Hope it was helpful.