Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video Demo and Tutorial for Super Manetron..Mellotron Sim with some history and recording stuff..

I got all nostalgic when playing with this..I've played with the other Mellotron apps and they sound OK some even sound better and give you more sounds but this is like playing the real thing when its hooked up to a keyboard..a lot of work obviously went into this app and I love it...it's a real blast when something this good pops up..hope you guys enjoy this video...for me it was like a trip down Memory Lane..

Comments

• Nice demo @thesoundtestroom. You mentioned several of my favorite groups in your vid. I've been a prog rock fan all my life and the mellotron certainly plays a big part in the sound.

• I know it sounds right on the money too...and I actually bought this app..I think I'll be doing a few prog rock tracks...and on a slighty different note I heard Sylvia by Focus the other day and I'd forgotten what a brilliant track it is..

• +a load for that. Though I have to say I think the mellotron is a bit of a millstone around the neck of prog. Seems like a lot try getting that classic sound when the likes Wakeman and Banks just wanted it as a portable orchestra and would have probably gone onto something else given the chance.

• The same could be said of the Minimoog.