Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

microphone issues

So Im using ampkit as my input and running all my guitar effects through this, and its routing to the output of loopy hd. I have all this hooked into a behringer istudio202 and its been working great where i play the guitar parts and it goes into the loopy and loops perfectly. Recently Ive wanted to try to sing while i play and loop as well. I added vocalive free but that buzzes way too much, ive also tried singaling. Ive also tried just the mic input icon as the input as well and then the middle effects chain ive popped in an AC reverb, but when I do that, it also changes the sound of my guitar running through ampkit. Is there a way to separate the inputs so that only my microphone input uses the reverb middle chain effect and not my ampkit?

Comments

• Are You using Audiobus? If so then you need to create a second lane for the vocal.

• i am using audiobus and I have created a second channel for mic, but the effects i put on the second channel meant for my mic, affect the sound of the guitar processor i have on the first lane. I want to have the ampkit/loopy be all by itself, and i want my vocal mic all by itself, one not affecting the other

• @dabluezpreacher said:
    i am using audiobus and I have created a second channel for mic, but the effects i put on the second channel meant for my mic, affect the sound of the guitar processor i have on the first lane. I want to have the ampkit/loopy be all by itself, and i want my vocal mic all by itself, one not affecting the other

Is the lane that you created for the vocals effected by the ampkit lane also?

• @dabluezpreacher said:
    So Im using ampkit as my input and running all my guitar effects through this, and its routing to the output of loopy hd. I have all this hooked into a behringer istudio202 and its been working great where i play the guitar parts and it goes into the loopy and loops perfectly. Recently Ive wanted to try to sing while i play and loop as well. I added vocalive free but that buzzes way too much, ive also tried singaling. Ive also tried just the mic input icon as the input as well and then the middle effects chain ive popped in an AC reverb, but when I do that, it also changes the sound of my guitar running through ampkit. Is there a way to separate the inputs so that only my microphone input uses the reverb middle chain effect and not my ampkit?

I'm gonna try AUM

• edited October 2016

@dabluezpreacher I used to use a berhinger is202 and it had a lot of hum and 60hz buzz for me too. I fixed most of it using MasterRecord and it's awesome noisegate. Best on iOS imo.
    Once I hooked in MasterRecord I could use any reverb I wanted and it was as smooth as velvet jello.

• Where are you placing Ampkit in Audiobus? It seems like maybe you're putting it in the output slot. It should be in the FX slot of the channel you want to affect.

• @dabluezpreacher said:
    i am using audiobus and I have created a second channel for mic, but the effects i put on the second channel meant for my mic, affect the sound of the guitar processor i have on the first lane. I want to have the ampkit/loopy be all by itself, and i want my vocal mic all by itself, one not affecting the other

If you're not too fussed about vocalive and just want to control mic's volume while adding some bread and butter effects (compressor, reverb, delay, eq) try to put Magellan in the effect slot. I've been using it on vocals for years. Very clean sounding.