Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Importing MIDI from Auria Pro to Cubasis

Am I doing something wrong, or am I missing something ?

I am trying to export MIDI from Auria Pro and then Import it into Cubasis, it is not working, I think the MIDI export from Auria Pro is not working or I am doing something wrong when trying to export the MIDI.

I have exported using both Type 0 and Type 1 formats and neither will import into Cubasis.

I looked at the MIDI file with audioshare and it displays no midi notes in the preview pane, so i'm guessing the exported MIDI file is empty ?

Can anyone help ?

Comments

• I ended up recording the MIDI into Cubasis.....means I got some lining up with audio to do but at least the midi is over there now.
    The midi routing was a bit confusing and didn't work initially, When I tried having Auria set to send to Cubasis, and Cubasis set to receive from Auria Pro, I got no midi.

Just in case anyone else tries the same here is what I did
    Cubasis tracks set to receive from All Inputs, and Auria tracks set to send to Cubasis

It would be better if I could get the export/import to work, but hey, this works for now.

• Andy
    You have a good question - I realized that once I use the export to midi file command I don't even know how to get it off to another app.....

But this worked -
    From the track screen, multi select the midi tracks, then Edit/Share/Open in other app. It showed up in my midi files in Cubasis and added tracks per the share...

• edited September 2016

@wigglelights said:
    Andy
    You have a good question - I realized that once I use the export to midi file command I don't even know how to get it off to another app.....

But this worked -
    From the track screen, multi select the midi tracks, then Edit/Share/Open in other app. It showed up in my midi files in Cubasis and added tracks per the share...

Yeah its not obvious, when exporting it ends up in the documents area...which you get to via import file from the menu.....I then used iTunes filesharing to get to the file.

I'll definitely be trying your method next time I have a need for this :) thanks

• I was about to post, then I realized @wigglelights already said what I would say, so that's it. Glad you found a workaround!

• P.S.: usually I record MIDI from Cubasis to Auria Pro, so I can use Cubasis' built-in keyboard and pads - both among the best around - to control the FF synths, IMO the best ones on iOS.

Nice to see that the other way around is working as well, specially since AP's MIDI editing tools are unmatched, and you can trigger AU intruments hosted in Cubasis.

By the way, it just ocurred to me that I am using Auria Pro + AUM to run AUs, but I can replace AUM by Cubasis, perhaps. Is there a way I can route audio from Cubasis so it record directly into Auria, like a IAA intrument?

• @theconnactic said:
    P.S.: usually I record MIDI from Cubasis to Auria Pro, so I can use Cubasis' built-in keyboard and pads - both among the best around - to control the FF synths, IMO the best ones on iOS.

Nice to see that the other way around is working as well, specially since AP's MIDI editing tools are unmatched, and you can trigger AU intruments hosted in Cubasis.

By the way, it just ocurred to me that I am using Auria Pro + AUM to run AUs, but I can replace AUM by Cubasis, perhaps. Is there a way I can route audio from Cubasis so it record directly into Auria, like a IAA intrument?

Load Cubasis as an AB input and Auria as an AB output

• Can you route Audio from Cubasis to Auria on a per track basis, in real time, using AudioBus?

• Doesn't look like it - AB and AUM only seems to have one Cubasis output exposed.....

• @theconnactic said:
    Can you route Audio from Cubasis to Auria on a per track basis, in real time, using AudioBus?

I suspect not, probably just the master output, I can't check cause I upgraded to iOS10 and AP is not working as an AB output for me ATM

• Oh, bummer. Thank you, I think I'll wait for Auria Pro's own AU implementation, that could be released any time soon...

• You can mute all but one track and then use the master output.....tedious, but workable.

• It seems Anthony answered your post in the Auria forum, @AndyPlankton: check it out!

• @theconnactic said:
    It seems Anthony answered your post in the Auria forum, @AndyPlankton: check it out!

Took me a sec to find this. So link for the lazy
    http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14643&sid=9ebc80d017536511894b033a2c76f21b#p50620

• @theconnactic and @srcer

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't checked yet today to see.