Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Internal Audio Diffuser? Is this for real? (iOS mic

Brand new:
This internal audio diffuser is supposed to block out sounds in the room. Ok, so maybe it's not a Sennheiser MK4 digital (one review said it was a bit tinny) but it's 24 bit and if that feature really works it's EXACTLY what an iOS mic needs. ://www.bluemic.com/products/raspberry/

Comments

• edited September 2016

Internal audio diffuser = piece of foam behind the mic?

Not that foam is to be undervalued, in the recording world. Very handy. Shock mount, baffle, rattle stopper, bass vintage-izer/mute.

• Blue is very smart in marketing average gear in an outstanding design.
    But it's not very likely that they discovered the holy grail of room acoustic during the developement of a podcast mic. ;)
    Today everything may be 'patent pending', as Apple recently demonstrated with a paper bag.
    Speaking of Apple... your (current) iPad's internal mic is also 24bit, that's just regular stuff - but it doesn't reveal anything about the precision of those bits.

• @Processaurus : The Shure mv51 is covered in foam and sounds like it. I had to return it.Not a dan of foam here.

• I will never record using the iPhones internal mic again.

• @Telstar5 said:
    I will never record using the iPhones internal mic again.

Have you tried enabling measurement mode? Its pretty decent quality then.

• @mrufino1 said:

@Telstar5 said:
    I will never record using the iPhones internal mic again.

Have you tried enabling measurement mode? Its pretty decent quality then.

Where do you find measurement mode?

• It gives more bass ,since by default (when off) the idevice cuts low frequencies which is good for speech / vocals etc.

• edited September 2016

measurement mode is crucial, because it also turns off auto gain, which is the source of high noise levels (and activated by default)
    imho it's pretty amazing what Apple squeezes from a $2 chip-mic

• @Telefunky said:
    measurement mode is crucial, because it also turns off auto gain, which is the source of high noise levels (and activated by default)

Re: measurement mode, is there any manual gain adjustment setting to be made anywhere, to get a good level before recording?

• @Processaurus said:

@Telefunky said:

Re: measurement mode, is there any manual gain adjustment setting to be made anywhere, to get a good level before recording?

Yes, if you use Audioshare. I don't know if other apps do it, and not every app allows access to measurement mode. But, hot tip, audiobus allows you to do it so use the mic as the audiobus input and the app as the destination and it works across the board.

• @mrdufino1: Thanks! Didnt know about Measirement mods .. am checking out now.

• @Telstar5 you're welcome!

@Korakios when I set this up in audiobus, as per my own recommendation, I notice now that the input gain slider is greyed out on my iPhone. Are you on ios10? I'm have to check this out on my iPad in a minute (still on ios9) to see if that is affecting. I have access to the input gain control in Audioshare directly.

• On iPad running latest ios9, I have access to the input gain control, on iPhone 6s running iOS10 that option is greyed out. @Sebastian is that expected, is it a 9 vs 10 thing, or an iPhone vs iPad thing? It's not an emergency, but just wanted you to be aware. I forgot about that functionality in audiobus until the question was just asked here, but definitely a useful one.

• Sorry for 3 posts in a row, I just wanted to share this, it was recorded in audioshare on my iPhone with measurement mode on, just to capture the song. My iPhone was sitting on my bass keyboard rack onstage, so you're hearing stage sound and vocal monitors only, but it gives an idea of measurement mode at least. Better to record it this way than not at all. I multi tracked the gig but didn't have it set yet for this song, found out about the new way El Capitan formats drives on the next break and corrected it...