Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Uses for Audiobridge in Model 15?

im thinking about getting Model 15 and as I understand this lets you run audio into the synth? To be used for what exactly? Can I use an audio file as a modulation oscillator or something?

Comments

• It just brings in outside audio, and can be used as a modulation source.

• Or you can run the audio through the filters, echo, etc. More trouble than it's worth IMO. I geeked out on it for awhile, but could find no way to use it that was practical for me.

• Well it lets you use the Moog filter on any sound source, which is cool.

• Thanks guys. that's exactly what I hoped for.

• Anybody geeky enough to have compared doing this to Filtatron?

• @syrupcore since it can apparently be used a modulation source I imagine that could be used to great effect with simple, rhythmic audio, making it more than just a filter.

• Yeah, i'm hoping you can do things similar to a Moogerfooger Midi murf with Audiobridge but I've not looked into this yet....

• @db909 said:
    @syrupcore since it can apparently be used a modulation source I imagine that could be used to great effect with simple, rhythmic audio, making it more than just a filter.

Indeed. Wasn't suggesting "just get Filtatron instead"! More nerdy curious about how the filters compare.

• @wim said:
    Or you can run the audio through the filters, echo, etc. More trouble than it's worth IMO. I geeked out on it for awhile, but could find no way to use it that was practical for me.

I'm also not sure if Audio Bridge is practical. I enjoy the tones the VCA, filter bank and delay impart, but it doesn't seem to allow midi input to track the VCOs. Am I missing something, or are the audio bridge and trunk instances of the app really unable to use midi to track / sequence the VCOs? (Just bought the app today after wanting it for a long time, and can't find any good info on this aspect).

• @aleyas said:

@wim said:
    Or you can run the audio through the filters, echo, etc. More trouble than it's worth IMO. I geeked out on it for awhile, but could find no way to use it that was practical for me.

I'm also not sure if Audio Bridge is practical. I enjoy the tones the VCA, filter bank and delay impart, but it doesn't seem to allow midi input to track the VCOs. Am I missing something, or are the audio bridge and trunk instances of the app really unable to use midi to track / sequence the VCOs? (Just bought the app today after wanting it for a long time, and can't find any good info on this aspect).

AudioBridge is mostly there to use the filters/envelopes/vcas to process external audio. If you are using the VCOs, you probably want to use the Model 15 in its normal mode.

• edited March 2021

@espiegel123 said:

@aleyas said:

@wim said:

AudioBridge is mostly there to use the filters/envelopes/vcas to process external audio. If you are using the VCOs, you probably want to use the Model 15 in its normal mode.

Yeah, it just seems like a major oversight to me. Like, it'd be nice to key track the filter to a sequence (via the oscillators), or to trigger the envelopes to sweep the filter or delay time, etc. That would make it easier to double up instances of Model 15 and have them talking with each other too (synchronized gates.. envelopes being of primary importance).
    If I run one instance of Model 15 into the audio bridge instance, then I can't use the envelopes in the 2nd instance as I play - very uncool.

I suppose all they'd need to do is make it a Music Effect audio unit. Perhaps that wasn't a popular standard back when Moog released the audio unit version.

• FM too. Can't use the oscillators to do key tracked FM of anything in the audiobridge unit without midi control.

• @aleyas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@aleyas said:

@wim said:

Yeah, it just seems like a major oversight to me. Like, it'd be nice to key track the filter to a sequence (via the oscillators), or to trigger the envelopes to sweep the filter or delay time, etc. That would make it easier to double up instances of Model 15 and have them talking with each other too (synchronized gates.. envelopes being of primary importance).
    If I run one instance of Model 15 into the audio bridge instance, then I can't use the envelopes in the 2nd instance as I play - very uncool.

I suppose all they'd need to do is make it a Music Effect audio unit. Perhaps that wasn't a popular standard back when Moog released the audio unit version.

Did you know that you can control all aspects of it via MIDI in AUM (for instance) using MIDI Control?

• @espiegel123 I do. But midi control over VCO frequency isn't going to track correctly. Envelopes also can't be triggered via exposed parameters.
    I'll write to Moog and ask if they could make the audio bridge a music effect in order to receive midi. Now that's it's available on Mac, they might give it some attention.