Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GuitarCapo+ almost free

Just put GuitarCapo+ on 'Insane Sale' $0.99 Thats 80% off! :smile:

Here is a video I made for an older version. Rock on!

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/guitarcapo+/id765105890?mt=8&uo=4&at=10lKme&ct=gc_ab

Comments

• Great strumming app @tonappas. I especially love the strum pattern feature.

• At $0.99, everyone should have this!...well, my Mom won't be a candidate, but everyone else.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    At $0.99, everyone should have this!...well, my Mom won't be a candidate, but everyone else.

Na, I think your mum should have it too :p

• @Fruitbat1919 - I'm not telling her about it for fear she'll pass me up, just like she did in our garage in the 70's! I never should have given her my guitar that day! :wink:

• @funjunkie27 said:
    @Fruitbat1919 - I'm not telling her about it for fear she'll pass me up, just like she did in our garage in the 70's! I never should have given her my guitar that day! :wink:

You had a garage band? How lucky is that....

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@funjunkie27 said:
    At $0.99, everyone should have this!...well, my Mom won't be a candidate, but everyone else.

Na, I think your mum should have it too :p

Yes even with family sharing in iTunes she should have her own copy.

• @Fruitbat1919 - Mom is a huge Zappa fan! (NOT). She hadn't heard of him until I played a piece of his this past weekend. She lasted for two bars before she asked me to stop! She's ultra conservative, so I don't see that changing anytime soon. But that is her only downside...she's truly was wonderful in all other ways, so I can forgive her this one failing.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    @Fruitbat1919 - Mom is a huge Zappa fan! (NOT). She hadn't heard of him until I played a piece of his this past weekend. She lasted for two bars before she asked me to stop! She's ultra conservative, so I don't see that changing anytime soon. But that is her only downside...she's truly was wonderful in all other ways, so I can forgive her this one failing.

You wasn't playing anything from ThingFish or Fillmore East was you :o

• @studioAB - even if I could hold her hand through the process, she still wouldn't be interested. I come from a very non-musical background...which may explain a lot! :blush:

• @Fruitbat1919 - Dinah Moe Hum...no, I don't even recall what it was (I'd never play Dinah for her!). It was an instrumental, and it was probably Frank's appearance, as much as anything else.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    @Fruitbat1919 - Dinah Moe Hum...no, I don't even recall what it was (I'd never play Dinah for her!). It was an instrumental, and it was probably Frank's appearance, as much as anything else.

Hehe. My mum loved all my bedroom Zappa posters (not)

• Name all the women you know who love Zappa! Short list, from my experience.

• Well, there are the Mothers at least.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Name all the women you know who love Zappa! Short list, from my experience.

Really weird true story:

The week before Zappa died, I thought he had already died due to something on the TV. Went out for an all night bender with my mates and ended up going all around the streets singing Zappa songs all night long. The next week he really died. I only got to see him live once. Will never forget the trip down on the coach - what an atmosphere :)

• Lol @lukesleepwalker.

@Fruitbat1919 - never saw him live. My life can never be complete. Cool story though. Can't count the times that my buddies and I did singalongs to Zappa tunes though. Ahhhh...fun times!

• Hadn't heard of GuitarCapo prior, looks good! In fact I like this UI look much better than the more skeuomorphic design of Steel Guitar. So went ahead and snagged it :)
    Curious what plans you have moving forward? Are you going to keep updating, or did I just get a swan song sale?

• edited September 2016

Do guitarists like this? I picked it up and I can't stand it! I actually like lap steel app, though. But this makes my guitar-sense cringe somewhat.
    EDIT: TOTAL PERSONAL OPINION.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=VzPsdkTCufs

• i'm trying it. I like its sound quality better than Guitarism, but find Guitarism way more natural to play (plus guitarism has palm muting, which I can't do without).

• @srcer said:
    Hadn't heard of GuitarCapo prior, looks good! In fact I like this UI look much better than the more skeuomorphic design of Steel Guitar. So went ahead and snagged it :)
    Curious what plans you have moving forward? Are you going to keep updating, or did I just get a swan song sale?

Thanks! There will be maintenance updates. And then time will show. It is not forgotten, at all :)

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Do guitarists like this? I picked it up and I can't stand it! I actually like lap steel app, though. But this makes my guitar-sense cringe somewhat.
    EDIT: TOTAL PERSONAL OPINION.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=VzPsdkTCufs

You're allowed to that :) As a guitarist myself I prefer the real thing. Maybe you will find the strum patterns interesting though, and that you can send MIDI to other apps ie playing piano thinking like a guitarist. Or use it as a chord reference (the capo feature were the start of the app - to simply convert chord names). Some have called it "the non-guitarist guitar app" :)

@JonLewis said:
    i'm trying it. I like its sound quality better than Guitarism, but find Guitarism way more natural to play (plus guitarism has palm muting, which I can't do without).

Thanks! Then you can try using the MIDI out feature in Guitarism and use the sounds from GuitarCapo+ (it supports both MIDI in and out)

• @tonappas said:

Thanks! There will be maintenance updates. And then time will show. It is not forgotten, at all :)

Wonderful!

Maybe you will find the strum patterns interesting though, and that you can send MIDI to other apps ie playing piano thinking like a guitarist. Or use it as a chord reference (the capo feature were the start of the app - to simply convert chord names). Some have called it "the non-guitarist guitar app" :)

It is great as a midi controller for other instruments as well. I love the strum patterns. I would pay for IAP to customize and save own patterns.

• edited September 2016

@tonappas
    Glad to know you're keeping it alive! Hoping the iPad only features find their way into the iPhone :)

Not sure if @ExAsperis99 was referring to Steel Guitar by Yonac, or another app? Regardless, it is interesting how what angle one comes from can influence whether something seems useful or not. What caught my eye was the very accessible, easy on the eyes chord reference. Though I can't really call myself a guitarist, it is the only physical instrument I own1. Hope springs eternal I'll learn. While I still have my copy of Mel Bays reference, GuitarCapo reference is a lot handier ;)

@JonLewis
    Forgot about Guitarism, though it was already on the list of apps to maybe buy. Kinda funny that what they tout is the sound, yet it's the play surface that shines.

It's the MIDI out and in that got me to just say take my money and not bother downloading the free version (which would be fine for the reference purpose), another synth at my disposal :) Don't think Guitarism or Steel Guitar can do MIDI in.

1. Unless you count the bamboo flute made and given to me by the old guy that used to hang out at my college days coffee chop that has 'interesting' tuning. ↩︎

• Don't get me wrong, Guitarism has very good sound. And it has palm muting and gives EQ response based on how close to the bridge you are strumming. But the Strat sounds in GC+ are just a little more to my taste.