Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LMC pricing appears to have changed (again)!

Checking out Lurssen Mastering Console in the app store, which I deleted when it stopped being a la carte, and its in-app purchases, which are what really matter, I noticed you can buy the full functionality for $99.99 again, and also can buy a couple of days, just as before, for $4.99. So I downloaded it again: having the oportunity of doing a quick ajustment to impress a client more than worth 5 bucks IMO, and the pricing categories make much more sense now. Thank you for this, IK Multimedia!

Comments

• @theconnactic thanks for the info ! I'll check again the app...

• In the Australian app store the price has dropped by half, but no short term (2 day, 1 week) iap options. I've used the desktop version of LMC and more often than not it produces really good results...feeling a bit tempted with the drop in pricing

• Yes, we currently have a promotion on Lurssen Mastering Console for iOS: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/news.php?id=740

• No offense to IKM, but even for $50, how could this app possibly be worth it?

• It's definitely pro grade and better than, say, Final Touch. If you like a preset-based workflow, such as Ozone's, this app is for you. I actually find its presets better than Ozone. But I prefer to finish my tracks with FabFilters (Saturn, Pro MB, ProQ2, Pro L).

• edited September 2016

I still am having trouble figuring out what the difference is between

The Play/Process is available for only $/€24.99 (normally $/€49.99). This enables unrestricted playback, monitoring and processing, 48kHz maximum sample rate and export of compressed formats such as AAC & OGG.

The HD Engine is available for only $/€49.99 (normally $/€99.99). With the HD Engine enabled you get unrestricted playback, processing and monitoring at 88.2/96kHz sample rates for DSP and export, selectable Digital Delivery Mastering export, selectable dithering and export of uncompressed formats such as WAV & FLAC (requires Play/Process mode to be enabled).

Does the second price/option include/encompass the first? Iz Confuzed?

• edited September 2016

Nope.

In order to buy the second option you have to already have bought the 1st option.

But the 2nd option does enable you to master something to a standard ready to be uploaded to Apple iTunes Store.

• And note that you will be informed that you need to purchase the Play/Process if you attempt to purchase the HD Engine IAP without it.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Nope.

In order to buy the second option you have to already have bought the 1st option.

But the 2nd option does enable you to master something to a standard ready to be uploaded to Apple iTunes Store.

I do not understand.
    SO paying $99 is only an option after you've already paid $49?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Nope.

I do not understand.

You understand perfectly.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Nope.

I do not understand.

I guess I man I cannot believe!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Nope.

I do not understand.

I'm sorry if this is unclear. I will relay that to the team. The two sets of functionality are separate and offer different capabilities. If you don't need the HD option, you can purchase only the Play/Process IAP. Note that they are not $49 and $99 currently - during the sale they are $24.99 and $49.99

• What the difference between P/P and HD?

• @theconnactic said:
    What the difference between P/P and HD?

Play/Process removes the demo limitations (the noise bursts) and allows export. HD adds the higher sample rate processing/monitoring and the export that is ready fo digital distribution like iTunes.

• When I pay $5 to rent the app for two days, each one I'm buying? P/P or HD?

• Iˋm glad I bought it full price when it first came out.It is worth every€,because it is one of the best apps on my
    iPad.Half of my mastering jobs (when the mixes are good) are done with LMC.When I get "problematic" mixes
    the mastering is done either with Fabfilters or on my "BigMac" with UADs.
    @LFS Great App and quality deserves money.

• @Schimanski said:
    @LFS Great App and quality deserves money.

Indeed. And it was even cheaper than FF's mastering suite back then (IMO it comprises ProQ, ProMB, Pro C and Saturn, and that amounts to $140). I prefer the FFs, but the quality of this one is undeniable, and the ease of use is very convenient.

• @theconnactic said:
    When I pay $5 to rent the app for two days, each one I'm buying? P/P or HD?

That option isn't available in the app any more (long story, but it wasn't our decision)

• I got it last time it was half-off. Pretty nifty for an audio genius such as myself to quickly make something semi-listenable quickly.

• Which one did you get?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Which one did you get?

Both IAPs.

• So, sarcasm aside, can you use it if you're (like me) essentially clueless about mastering? I mean, I can tell the difference between something that sounds polished and something that doesn't, but I lack the know-how (and the time) to do the polishing.

I guess I'm asking if this is like a magic app that a dummy like me can use to transform, say, something I did in Gadget or Cubasis into something that sounds really polished simply by opening it in the app and applying a preset. Cause if that's the case, it may just be worth it, but if you have to know what you're doing, it definitely wouldn't be for me.

Whatcha think?

• edited September 2016

You can improve a lot the sound of a track with LMC, even without much technical skill, as long as you:

• get your mix right: if sounds good to you without any mastering applied, the stage is set for the magic to work;
    • you chose the presets wisely: listen to how they affect your track, preferentially A/B'ing with some good tracks of the genre you're producing.

Of course, it won't be like a carefully mastered track, with appropriate monitoring, appropriate gear and a skilled ear, but it can make a good track shine and impress your friends, casual listeners etc. I'd not risk releasing the track to clubs/stores though.

P.S.: to make it clear: of course a skilled engineer, with good monitoring and equipment, can do a great work with LMC - it's a pro grade application, after all. But such a person would use the presets as a starting point, and dial the settings needed for the intended result.

• Thanks! I am very tempted - might just pull the trigger!

• If I could afford it, I'd get it to check it out and use it. @supanorton used it on his rock album, and I think it sounds really good.

• I agree with all @theconnectic said.You have to choose the right preset and then still you have to make some
    adjustments.With a some practice you achieve very "analog" sounding results.I really thinks itˋs worth the investment.And like with all mixing or mastering you need really good monitoring and a good room!

• edited October 2016

@RulesOfBlazon This was a great mastering solution for me. I picked it up shortly after first release. If you've got a good/great mix, this app will make it sound better...as long as it's the kind of better you want. The controls are limited, but the tweakability is there. Not sure why or how, but LMC does something wonderful to reverb tails.

@High5denied, thank you, sir.

• @ikmultimedia said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Nope.

I do not understand.

I'm sorry if this is unclear. I will relay that to the team. The two sets of functionality are separate and offer different capabilities. If you don't need the HD option, you can purchase only the Play/Process IAP. Note that they are not $49 and $99 currently - during the sale they are $24.99 and $49.99

Sorry, I'm still confused if you can clarify: I am only interested in mastering software that can output to uncompressed wav. Does that mean I can just purchase the HD for $49.99 while on sale? Or do I need to spend $75 for both options?

• Yes, you need to buy both options: the HD option will only be available if you first buy the Play/Process.

• @gburks said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Nope.

I do not understand.

Sorry, I'm still confused if you can clarify: I am only interested in mastering software that can output to uncompressed wav. Does that mean I can just purchase the HD for $49.99 while on sale? Or do I need to spend $75 for both options?

Yep you need to spend 75bucks