Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Step sequencing riusmaker in cubasis 2

Both are so awesome. Looking for suggestions to do this as easily as possible. Have tried programming within cubasis, but feels fiddly. Have tried exporting midi from gadget and while it works it"s not great. Have to line up notes etc. patterning seems great but maybe overkill for just midi out. What are you guys using?

Comments

• edited September 2016

I too was trying this but still find midi editing (particularly with automating ccs on a micro level) way way too fiddly in Cubasis2. I also tried Modstep which was better in ways but not in others as it requires too much setup and locking in to what ccs to edit. If only you could just choose whatever cc at any time.

Given that I love the Ruismaker sound I will just use a PC Daw to send midi/cc to the ipad and record / build up the results in Blocs wav. But then I am limited to just weekends at home and not while playing on the road. There still isnt a great midi/cc modulation path on the ipad.

maybe Modstep is for you though.

• Patterning driving Ruis is the key.

• edited September 2016

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Patterning driving Ruis is the key.

It is cool. ahh, just found the cc setup... Interesting :)

• Midi learn is as far as I get! At be somebody else can help? Like, explicitly and step by step?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Midi learn is as far as I get! At be somebody else can help? Like, explicitly and step by step?

Hmmmm! May have to use Midiflow to translate cc values... i wish patterning could just let you set the cc value you want to send.

• Ahh looks like a little thread here for patterning and ruis hosted in aum...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/14253/patterning-dueling-ruismakers-a-drum-playground-how-to

• Cannot you host Ruismaker in AUM and drive it with Auria Pro instead of a Desktop DAW? Seem to me the way to go.

• Curious to know what you guys think is fiddly about Cubasis and editing notes and CCs. Since they're both subject to quantize snapping and the CC values are shown as you edit with a crosshair, I find them imminently functional. I don't spend tons of time obsessing over automation parameters, but ruismaker's pitch modulation shtick pulls me in more than usual.

• @theconnactic said:
    Cannot you host Ruismaker in AUM and drive it with Auria Pro instead of a Desktop DAW? Seem to me the way to go.

I find automating cc in Auria Pro very difficult.

• @aaronpc said:
    Curious to know what you guys think is fiddly about Cubasis and editing notes and CCs. Since they're both subject to quantize snapping and the CC values are shown as you edit with a crosshair, I find them imminently functional. I don't spend tons of time obsessing over automation parameters, but ruismaker's pitch modulation shtick pulls me in more than usual.

Not sure how to describe the fiddly aspect of Cubasis but I just want the best I can imagine and Gadget, Elastic Drums, iElectribe have raised the bar for my ios workflow expectations in terms of automation.

Right now I am using Patterning -> Midiflow -> Aum with the intention of doing all sequencing and automating of CCs just in Patterning and so far early experiments show it is working. It will just take some time to set up the cc remapping in Midiflow but it only needs to be done once.

• @AudioGus said:
    Ahh looks like a little thread here for patterning and ruis hosted in aum...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/14253/patterning-dueling-ruismakers-a-drum-playground-how-to

This is great !!

• @AudioGus Ok. Now I'm with you. You're talking about ease of entry and I'm talking about precision. Gadget and ED are easy to get started with, but can be tough to finesse values. Would love Gadget to show the CC value in the automation window like Cubasis does, for instance. Not a huge leap, I would think.

• Yeah gadget has spoiled me in terms of locking a screen, reducing notes to actual useable grid (gotta love only 4 rows for Tokyo) , all automation laid out. Accidentally scrolling the piano octaves trying to get the 5 -6 notes for riusmaker is not as fun. Although I've started to learn to use the hold buttons on the left.

• Also in gadget expanding an idea from 1 bar to 4 or 16 is so easy, adding or changing little elements