Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"IF" you had $500 for piece of equipment................

What do you get and why?

Synth?
Sequencer?
Drum Machine?
What Brand?
New or Used?
MIDI instruments?
Software?

Comments

• edited September 2016

The thoughts that went through my head as I read the question were

A new iPad with more storage ?
    A small mixer and a couple of Volca's ?
    A small mixer and another Novation Circuit ?

But I ended up with - Novation BassStation II + small mixer if there was enough change

• edited September 2016

What genre of music do you make?> @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Waterbed.

LOL :D

• @RustiK said:
    What do you get and why?

Synth?
    Sequencer?
    Drum Machine?
    What Brand?
    New or Used?
    MIDI instruments?
    Software?

What genre of music do you make?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Waterbed.

You forgot the Why...as did I :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    The thoughts that went through my head as I read the question were

A new iPad with more storage ?
    A small mixer and a couple of Volca's ?
    A small mixer and another Novation Circuit ?

But I ended up with - Novation BassStation II + small mixer if there was enough change

To add alongside my existing Circuit and Launchpad App, and live guitar

• @johnn said:

What genre of music do you make?> @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Waterbed.

LOL :D

• I would put to towards the iphone7 I just bought.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Waterbed.

Sorry, it's a family show.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Waterbed.

Sorry, it's a family show.

And there was I thinking you were embarking on a Chillout project !

• @RustiK said:
    What do you get and why?

Synth?
    Sequencer?
    Drum Machine?
    What Brand?
    New or Used?
    MIDI instruments?
    Software?

I would put it toward an iPad Pro - I have tons of iOS synths, sequencers, drum machines, etc.!

• @RustiK said:
    What do you get and why?

Synth?
    Sequencer?
    Drum Machine?
    What Brand?
    New or Used?
    MIDI instruments?
    Software?

What are u trying to accomplish musicially? $500 could go quick. For what I'm doing ... I know I need that behringer fcb pedal. Plus a bunch of other stuff

• Second hand Rickenbacker 4003 bass - though it'd be fairly rank for that money.

• @Tarekith said:
    I would put to towards the iphone7 I just bought.

Does your iPhone 7 make a 'buzzing' noise on high CPU load?

I've so far had chance to play with three different iPhone 7's and all of them made a 'high pitched whine' when pushing the CPU a bit (it's also audible in the recorded video, a big no no for me).

It sounds almost like a 'power supply' that is getting old and starts to make noises...

• @MonzoPro said:
    Second hand Rickenbacker 4003 bass - though it'd be fairly rank for that money.

The bassist in my old band used a copy one of those, he loved it. He then got a real precision and only ever looked back in fondness.

• With $500, I'd grab the Novation Circuit ($289 right now at Sweetwater). I would spend the remainder to purchase the Garritan Personal Orchestra ($149). It's an odd combo, sure, but it's what I'd get "if" someone handed me $500 for music stuff.

• Critter & Guitari Organelle, the Pure Data part aspect $0 so it it's a good deal for a more or less infinite instrument.

• I would buy a Roland MC 505. I still miss my old one.

• @johnn said:

@RustiK said:
    What do you get and why?

Synth?
    Sequencer?
    Drum Machine?
    What Brand?
    New or Used?
    MIDI instruments?
    Software?

What genre of music do you make?

Ukrainian Folk Music and Gypsy Ballets.

House Industrial Tech Acid & Experimental

• @MonzoPro said:

Love those big boys.
    I have a 1972 Precision.

• @Tarekith said:
    I would put to towards the iphone7 I just bought.

I ordered my matte black and black polish phones already.

They ship in the next 7 days.

• @TozBourne said:
    With $500, I'd grab the Novation Circuit ($289 right now at Sweetwater). I would spend the remainder to purchase the Garritan Personal Orchestra ($149). It's an odd combo, sure, but it's what I'd get "if" someone handed me $500 for music stuff.

Love the Garritan World and GPO4 libraries. Would love to get the pipes & Jazz & Big Band libraries next. I use these with an EWI.

• i'm more or less in that position now and i'm trying to decide whether to buy a tip top happy ending kit and an expert sleepers disting to start my eurorack journey or just keep scouring kijiji for some random piece of gear

• Elektron Octatrack. "If" they were awailable at that price..

• edited September 2016

I'd haunt eBay for hardware synths to hook into my Creamware Scope setup...Mother 32(s) maybe.

Edit: Forgot to say why: 'cause the Scope setup opened me up, finally, to hardware...I/O, dontcha know...

• I'd put it towards an iPad. Wait is this the first question in a conversation about you giving me 500 dollars?

• New cooker first :(

Then if I still had the money I'd buy hmmm.........

• edited September 2016

things i've been looking at are the mother32, pm lifeforms, N circuit, minilogue, obscura delay, ...
    trying to get away from software screens myself

• @RustiK said:

@MonzoPro said:

Love those big boys.
    I have a 1972 Precision.

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

The bassist in my old band used a copy one of those, he loved it. He then got a real precision and only ever looked back in fondness.

There's a certain sound the Rickenbacker's make....they've got a real growl to them that I love....horribly expensive to buy in the UK though.

• An acoustic bass.