Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT app refund enquiry

edited September 2016 in Other

I purchased an app from the App Store last week but I decided to get a refund as the app wasn't to my expectations and in the EU customers are allowed 14 days to get a refund. Anyway I received the refund no problem. This is the first time I have got a refund on apps in the 10 years I have been buying apps. Anyway, just today I purchased another app and when I pressed the "buy" button I get presented with the following message...

"Confirmation - I acknowledge that if I download this app within fourteen days of tapping 'Buy', I will no longer be eligible to cancel this purchase."

What the hell is Apple playing at. I thought customers only got this message if they abused the refund system by applying for refunds all the time? I have only applied for a refund once in the 10 years of purchasing an app and I get this. F U Apple!

Has anyone else had this message even though they have only got a refund once?

Comments

• Yes. I think it's a 'warning' (illegal IMHO) from Apple inviting you no claiming for more refunds for a while.

That message will disappear after some purchases with no refunds from you. :(

• edited September 2016

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's illegal too what Apple are doing considering that Injave only got a refund once in the 10 years of buying apps.

I mentioned this on a certain Apple forum and someone is telling me that the EU have just recently changed the law concerning 14 day refunds for digital downloads. Is this true or is he/she talking BS?

• BS. I had the same issue and you simply go to iTunes and reset some warning messages for your account.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201620

• edited September 2016

Also avoid using the "quick" refund method. It's better writing few words and explain why you didn't like the app. The reason could be simple ,as no detailed manual ,a simple bug ,very slow etc .

• Ah I wondered about this too. For many apps it's impossible to really know if they're right for you without trying. I had a period of trying and, in some cases, refunding. For a while it was pretty much guaranteed that I could get a refund if something didn't work as expected. Now I get the warning and a refund is no longer an option in "report a problem". Weird. It's just made me more cautious I guess.

• edited September 2016

I get that as well and i'm pretty sure that wouldn't hold up in a court here in EU

• edited September 2016

And who is going to go to courts for a non refunded 10€ app? Apple as always goes on the rough way with customers. This also happened to me and after few purchases the message disappeared.

• @AlexB said:
    And who is going to go to courts for a non refunded 10€ app? Apple as always goes on the rough way with customers. This also happened to me and after few purchases the message disappeared.

Who said anyone were?

By the way, the EU has been known to take things like this to court on their own. Just ask Google

• Let's trust then on our politicians... ( I never believed I would say something like that...)

• @AlexB said:
    Let's trust then on our politicians... ( I never believed I would say something like that...)

Hah

Don't get me wrong, i don't trust them at all either but they do seem to have a thing against big US companies trying to undermine EU consumerlaw

• edited October 2016

@Korakios said:
    BS. I had the same issue and you simply go to iTunes and reset some warning messages for your account.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201620

I reset the warning messages on my iTunes account but I am still getting that annoying message from Apple every time I purchase an app. They even sent me a confirmation email. I don't know whether to contact Apple considering that I have only requested and received a refund once in the 10 years I have bought apps on the App Store. Sheeesh!

• Contact Apple and beside this issue you can mention that this annoying message makes you feel unhappy and sometimes you don't buy an app. I am sure they will fix it asap!

• @Korakios said:
    Contact Apple and beside this issue you can mention that this annoying message makes you feel unhappy and sometimes you don't buy an app. I am sure they will fix it asap!

lol

• OT into this OT...a couple of weeks ago, I changed my mobile company.

The changed seemed automatically but, checking out my account data. Apple disconnected and reconnected iMessage and Facetime, sending by themselves two SMS to a UK number.

Just 2x0,30€, but another example of the dark side...of some things. :(

• edited October 2016

That happened to me too. 1 time in 4 years i requested a refund for a app some weeks ago and got the popup now every purchase since then. I think i bought apps for like 2000 Euro in that time. That app was 3,99 EUR and was entire crap and working unstable at launch time. Apple just dont cares and doesnt wants to refund at all even if an app is crap.

• @HighEscape said:
    That happened to me too. 1 time in 4 years i requested a refund for a app some weeks ago and got the popup now every purchase since then. I think i bought apps for like 2000 Euro in that time. That app was 3,99 EUR and was entire crap and working unstable at launch time. Apple just dont cares and doesnt wants to refund at all even if an app is crap.

Yeah Apple really are the pits with their customers. One prime example is that Apple go against EU law by refusing refunds. It is so bad that one customer in France smashed up an Apple Store.

• @Artmuzz said:

@HighEscape said:

Yeah Apple really are the pits with their customers. One prime example is that Apple go against EU law by refusing refunds. It is so bad that one customer in France smashed up an Apple Store.

Why do I think that their is a bigger issue than an app refund if someone smashes up an Apple store? Just a hunch.

• I got refund on many apps. Never had problems. If the app crashes, makes loud glitch noise , misleading information, no feedback from the dev during the 14 day return period ,refund is 100% acceptable.
    I always include every detailed information and usually have a nice chat with the support team :)

• @Artmuzz said:
    Yeah Apple really are the pits with their customers.

And also with developers. Something tells me they're simply not a very nice company to deal with.

Perpaps that's also why they are so good at what they do... :D

• Well if this is turning in to an Apple bashing thread i'd like to add the fact that i can't prevent my iPad from downloading the 1.1 Gb iOS10 upgrade when ever i'm charging it

I have to delete it repeatedly to avoid the extremely annoying update message which will pop up several times a day, interrupting what ever i'm doing on the iPad

I wish someone in the US would sue them over this so they'd give us the option of only manually downloading iOS updates

I know i can block the url through my router but i really shouldn't have to

• @brambos said:

@Artmuzz said:
    Yeah Apple really are the pits with their customers.

And also with developers. Something tells me they're simply not a very nice company to deal with.

Perpaps that's also why they are so good at what they do... :D

No MIDI DINS???

• edited October 2016

The only thing I like about Apple are the independent developers who create the brilliant synths and music creation apps for iOS. If it wasn't for the developers then I wouldn't touch an Apple product with a barge pole.

• edited October 2016

Not trying to be an iSheep here, but my experiences with Apple's support have been excellent, and definitely far better than most large companies.

There's a problem, inherent with dealing with large companies with a large and diverse user base, that is we are all facing the consequences of the acts of others. What I mean is, if Apple - which mostly lives up to its reputation of being a decent company - is being harsh with customers who ask for refunds, that's surely because the refund system is suffering abuse beyond the ocasional crook here and there.

We had watched this a few months ago here in the forum, when a user complained he had his AppleID banned by Apple, just to casually tell afterwards - like it was a normal thing - he was "demoing" apps by buying and then asking for refunds.

When people start to rationalize and relativize cheating ("oh, Apple Store doesn't allow for demos, that's unfair to the customer, that's why I did it"), there is a distinct possibility cheating becomes widespread. And then the company have to do something about it, period.

I know it's offensive to receive such treatment when you're an ethical person that behaves by the rules. Try to weigh it against the wonderful services and devices Apple provides most of time, and how they're better than Google's and Microsoft's - including support. And, by all means, blame the cheaters!

• @theconnactic I get what you're saying but actually the refund thing is breaking danish consumer law, if not EU law
    In Denmark you can't legally agree to something that strips you of rights that are guaranteed by danish law. Besides, punishing everyone because of a few cheaters is surely not the ethical way of going about it. It is probably the cheapest though

Also, regardless of ones experience with their customer support Apple is far from a decent company. Sure, they make good devices but go ask the good people af Foxconn if they love Apple

I could go on a long rant about all the bad things they do but fortunately Richard Stallman has already made a list

https://stallman.org/apple.html

So while i like my iPad, iPhone and Mac i do not believe they are a decent company by any stretch of the imagination

• Perhaps it would be more appropriate to ask foxconn employees if they like foxconn and not whether they like the companies whose contracts their employer bids on.

Stallman lost touch with observable reality decades ago. Maybe he's still angry he can't plug his ear trumpet into RESTRICTIVE apple devices.

• edited October 2016

@dreamless said:
    Perhaps it would be more appropriate to ask foxconn employees if they like foxconn and not whether they like the companies whose contracts their employer bids on.

Stallman lost touch with observable reality decades ago. Maybe he's still angry he can't plug his ear trumpet into RESTRICTIVE apple devices.

Can you guess which logical fallacy you committed?

Regardless of how you feel about Stallman his points are valid, yours on the other hand...

Oh and any company that use places like Foxconn knowing how terrible conditions are, are morally accountable and not a decent company

• I hear you, @jn2002dk, but you're assuming apriori that Apple is doing that because of a few cheaters when it could be because of a demoing-refund cheat that might have become widespread, so they had to act.

But if they are breaking any laws, surely they must be held accountable - bear in mind, though, that Danish law applies only in the Danish App Store. If someone stationed in Denmark uses any way around to buy from the US App Store, the transaction is (and legally there is no grey area about it) subject to US laws and regulations only.

• @theconnactic said:
    I hear you, @jn2002dk, but you're assuming apriori that Apple is doing that because of a few cheaters when it could be because of a demoing-refund cheat that might have become widespread, so they had to act.

But if they are breaking any laws, surely they must be held accountable - bear in mind, though, that Danish law applies only in the Danish App Store. If someone stationed in Denmark uses any way around to buy from the US App Store, the transaction is (and legally there is no grey area about it) subject to US laws and regulations only.

True and to be honest i doubt if anyone here would ever go through the judicial system with this because you wouldn't really stand to gain anything from it

I just smile every time that popup about giving up the right for a refund comes up. In the end, it's insignificant amounts we're talking about. I've paid more for less