Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stria update

Really nice update for Stria out now with Link and new gui additions/ changes :)

Comments

• Yeah I've just been playing with this, nice update.

• Still have trouble hitting those enable/disable x boxes in the corners. Anyone else?
    Was hoping they'd be enlarged or have the top and bottom limits removed.

• Stria 1 was already beyond me , Stria 2 hurts my brain even more .

The graphics layout does not aid understanding , particulary having the activate box for pad 1 next to the title of pad 2 , & having pad 1 /2 divided top /bottom in some windows & left/right in others .

& is it a bug that the last two button icons in main screen rows open the same window? :
    so Event Pitch Jitter window opens whether pressing penultimate or last icon to the right .

• Stria is one of those apps I keep around on the off-chance of one day being able to understand it. I can see/hear the potential, but rarely succeed in turning that into anything useful to me.

• @Wally said:
    Stria 1 was already beyond me , Stria 2 hurts my brain even more .

The graphics layout does not aid understanding , particulary having the activate box for pad 1 next to the title of pad 2 , & having pad 1 /2 divided top /bottom in some windows & left/right in others .

& is it a bug that the last two button icons in main screen rows open the same window? :
    so Event Pitch Jitter window opens whether pressing penultimate or last icon to the right .

I'm a fan of the new setup, but I can see how it may still confuse. I wonder if I suggest to the dev that colour selector may help. By this I mean that pressing any of the buttons on the main flow page opens the pages as normal, but colour highlights the item you have actually selected. Also a feint colour box around each of the items that share a page when selected may help.

What do you think of those ideas? Should I suggest those to the dev?

• Yes, they seem to be in groups - the more so the smaller the functional panel. Toward the end where it is mainly effects and post-generate tweaking, pressing any of those funny shapes will bring the panel concerned up, together with a bunch of other related ones. Pressing the funny shape relevant to one of those other ones will bring up pretty much the same view.

• I'd relegated this to my 'can't get a squeak out of it' folder - previously I had problems getting anything out of it bar tiny whale squiggles and small pops, but the update has helped me elevate these to the sound of crisp packets being massaged, and a very drunk Nigel Farage diving into custard.

• One good thing to remember is that it has midi input, so I can recommend layering Stria with another synth to create interesting textures.

• @Wally said:

so Event Pitch Jitter window opens whether pressing penultimate or last icon to the right

Hello, some of parameters for pad 1 and 2 are grouped in order to save some space in the Ui, I also tried to keep the same layout for iPhone. Some redundancies have come from this. I will tru to improve in the next release. Thanks

• For the mac/win users Stria is included in the examples of CsoundQT
    https://csoundqt.github.io
    Its a free patch for Csound which still the audio engine for the iOS version.

• works great as an input to Sparkle's live signal if you want to process your own samples in the target slot...
    it's indeed a bit obscure in some places, but nothing that cannot be worked out
    some effort applies... no pain, no gain ...

• This is the original Csound patch by Eugenio Giordani, for his compositions.

• edited September 2016

Strange. I thought this update is great and clarified the app even more for me.

Maybe it's because I came into all this months ago with almost no pre-learned knowledge and had to figure stuff out from a clean slate, whereas many of you have learned a certain way of doing things and have an expected standard logic you expect from an interface based on prior experience?

• @Wally said:

I can relate. I'm not sure which setup I like better. This one will need some tweaking to pull ahead I think.

• @MonzoPro said:
    ...the sound of crisp packets being massaged, and a very drunk Nigel Farage diving into custard.

That good? Really? Time to check this one out again!

• @richiehoop said:

@MonzoPro said:
    ...the sound of crisp packets being massaged, and a very drunk Nigel Farage diving into custard.

Yeah..that certainly piqued my interest..and I don't even know who Nigel Farage is...

• @richiehoop said:

@MonzoPro said:

The crisp packets (70's Bovril flavour) is an exiting preset (which might not exist), but I doubt I could recreate the Farage/custard* one unless I was feeling particularly giddy again.

• I might have imagined this
  • @Jes said:

.and I don't even know who Nigel Farage is...

Neither do I, but he makes a wonderful splooshing sound when he falls head first into a large container of custard*

• I have not actually heard this, but I imagine it's what it would sound like if he did
  • edited September 2016

Now will show a glow for 2 seconds for grouped views.
    Thanks, cheers.

• edited September 2016

Here is an interview of the Stria's Author Eugenio Giordani (Italian language).

• The Stria update is live. Nice glow after choosing parameter from group view leads your eye straight to the parameters you selected (when it's a multi parameter page). Much easier for the brain to grasp where you are now :)

That's come about after it was mentioned here and the dev has responded. A big thanks to @scarbo

• Wow. Quick update! Impressive