Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

For Lovers of the Sampling Artform

Comments

• @kobamoto said:

Lotsa fun! :smiley:

This is my little gold digging utility

• I don't know about the loop master store or the free samples this thing comes with that the guy is talking about in the video but the thing that interest me is that this looks like a nice browser, sample organizer, with some useful tagging, bpm, key transposing features... I have not used it yet , just about to download it after posting this. If you have a large sample library it might be worth checking out and it's free

• edited April 2019

Sampling done right = a dope track as end result....
    Paul's Boutique is full of good sampling..

• I wondered why my old EPS16+ was suddenly worth something.

A few years ago i saw one go for £10 on eBay. With a manual.

Someone else bought a manual only for £15.

Now they are going for £hundreds.

• @klownshed said:
    I wondered why my old EPS16+ was suddenly worth something.

transwave multiply beast, although i don't have one right now I still have boxes full of floppies <3

• @klownshed said:
    I wondered why my old EPS16+ was suddenly worth something.

It’s the circle of life! A new generation is discovering sampling with hardware.

• Hah cool. I also have a proteus 1/Xr

I almost killed it installing a protologic expansion card!

I’ve also found my old Z1, prophecy, CZ3000, Qx21, R8 reel to reel and some other bits and bobs in my mum’s loft. I put it all up there when I bought my first flat and no longer had room for it all.

• Wow, that Binkbeats video was amazing! Would love to know where he's controlling all that from. I assume Ableton or something?

• yep, ableton

• That's inspiring.

• yeah man, that guy has no idea how talented he is

• Generous of him to walk painstakingly through his live setup. Some cool ideas in there.

• @kobamoto said:
    yeah man, that guy has no idea how talented he is

Indeed! That video is really worth watching.
    And it can help people here to find out when it's time to switch from iOS apps to Ableton Live.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Generous of him to walk painstakingly through his live setup. Some cool ideas in there.

“The Lord is a shoving leopard.” – William Archibald Spooner

• @rs2000 said:

@kobamoto said:

And it can help people here to find out when it's time to switch from iOS apps to Ableton Live.

Yup, when I have a big ass room, table and chair.

• @rs2000 said:

@kobamoto said:

I used ableton for years (still do for some projects) and it's a great tool. But note that he needs to use Max to achieve his vision. I bet I could replicate his setup on an iPad using Loopy, AB3, and Mozaic. The latter would take some programming but so does Max... To me, it's not the tool; it's the vision. And with iOS the toolset is with me anywhere at any time so that I can tinker with my vision whenever I have precious free time. There are always tradeoffs.

• edited October 2019

This dude is another example of someone who works at bending technology to meet his vision. There is a great interview with him where he openly worries that he is getting lost in programming the tech instead of being a musician.

• That was enjoyable. Someday, someone will do a full project around sampling David Attenborough. And it will be magical.

• I sure hope so, I would love to hear it :)

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    That was enjoyable. Someday, someone will do a full project around sampling David Attenborough. And it will be magical.

dude 2020 goals. such a lovely idea.