Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iRig HD 2 released, iPhone 7 ready

I just wanted to let the forum know that IK has announced iRig HD 2 which is iPhone 7 ready due to the headphone out being added (along with other new features). You can find out more (like the inclusion of the full version of AmpliTube 4 and the unlocking of the $19.99 AmpliTube iOS gear in AmpliTube Free) at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/news.php?id=731

Comments

• edited September 2016

@ikmultimedia Sweet, hope you all have something cooking for other non-stringers too.

As mentioned before. Stereo Line/Mic In & Out, Midi In & Out on 3.5mm jacks. USB-Passthru(for iRig Keys/Pads/Mic HD) and naturally a 3.5mm headphone-jack :)

CCK3 can be used for charging and using the device.

• Cool. I just bought the irig HD, duh! Cuz I had a thread about it ;). I'm enjoying it a lot more now that I know on my massive distortion presets I can go into the red and not need to spend 10 minutes trying to "not" go into the red, and have my tone suffer.

Forgive my ignorance, what is the line in on the right? Next to the guitar line in? Headphones?

Also, dos owning the irig HD unlock anything for me with any IKmultimedia apps? I have Sampletank, and a few IAP's . Just curious.

• edited September 2016

@High5denied said:

Forgive my ignorance, what is the line in on the right? Next to the guitar line in? Headphones?

It looks like a 'speaker cabinet' to me. The headphone jack is on the other side of the device :)

• @Samu said:
    @ikmultimedia Sweet, hope you all have something cooking for other non-stringers too.

As mentioned before. Stereo Line/Mic In & Out, Midi In & Out on 3.5mm jacks. USB-Passthru(for iRig Keys/Pads/Mic HD) and naturally a 3.5mm headphone-jack :)

CCK3 can be used for charging and using the device.

This is the first out of the gate, we have more devices brewing :) Thank you for the specific suggestions.

• @High5denied said:

Thanks to @Samu for posting the image above that does show it is an amplifier out. It sends either the signal with effects or a dry signal out, depending on the position of the FX/THRU switch on the side. There's more information at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irighd2 or feel free to ask here.

Also, dos owning the irig HD unlock anything for me with any IKmultimedia apps? I have Sampletank, and a few IAP's . Just curious.

iRig HD does unlock some gear. From http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irighd -

• Comes with 4 gear models which are unlocked in AmpliTube for iPhone/iPad (v. 3.0 required) after the first time you connect iRig HD. The models include Metal W & Metal 150 (amps), and Wharmonator & X-Flanger (stompboxes)
    • Free AmpliTube Custom Shop software (download from IK site) and free download of AmpliTube Metal collection for Mac users
  • @ikmultimedia said:

This is the first out of the gate, we have more devices brewing :) Thank you for the specific suggestions.

You're welcome!

The 'specs' mentioned fall in line with my wishful thinking of a smallish do-it-all 'I/O-Gadget' :)

• And for an extra $70 you can charge iphone at same time.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    And for an extra $70 you can charge iphone at same time.

CCK3 is $39 and I bet you've already got a charger :)

• @ikmultimedia
    I've been critical of some of your company's products and marketing in the past (although my irig keys has served me well) but I have to say, this is a good looking at a good price. Having the line out is so important to really integrate this into a live setting. I know the charging is extra, but if I remember correctly one selling point on it was a very high quality power supply that will not introduce noise? Unfortunately I'm finding out quickly that there is no inexpensive way to get clean power.

Anyway, I'm not in the market right now but if I am again this will get considered.

• @mrufino1 said:
    @ikmultimedia
    I've been critical of some of your company's products and marketing in the past (although my irig keys has served me well) but I have to say, this is a good looking at a good price. Having the line out is so important to really integrate this into a live setting. I know the charging is extra, but if I remember correctly one selling point on it was a very high quality power supply that will not introduce noise? Unfortunately I'm finding out quickly that there is no inexpensive way to get clean power.

Anyway, I'm not in the market right now but if I am again this will get considered.

Thank you for a very considerate and honest post. I appreciate it. To answer your question, yes iRig PowerBridge is a high-quality charging/power solution which was designed to avoid introducing noise which is indeed a common problem faced by mobile musicians.

• I just bought the iRig pro duo, and although I do like it, my only complaint is that the midi jack is very dated, most keyboards and controllers use USB, other than that it is a very nice interface...........

• if only the headphone and quarter inch were seperate channels..

• rcfrcf
    edited September 2016

If the FX/THRU switch is set to FX, can the amplifier output of the iRig HD2 send the stereo effected signal to the amp(s)?

Btw, I have an iRig 2 and the amplifier out is one of the features I was hoping for on a pro product. A stereo line in would also have been good, for getting audio into the iPad via stereo hardware effects units.

• @rcf said:
    If the FX/THRU switch is set to FX, can the amplifier output of the iRig HD2 send a stereo effects signal to the amp?

Btw, I have an iRig 2 and the amplifier out is one of the features I was hoping for on a pro product. A stereo line in would also have been good, for getting audio into the iPad via stereo hardware effects units.

It does not send a stereo signal to the amp it outputs to a mono output like our iLine Mono Output Adapter did for previous devices.

• Thanks for the reply. A mono output is going to be very useful; I use a lot of parallel processing; iOS apps along with hardware effects. A stereo out would have been useful for the occasional in series processing chain (iPad into hardware effects) but at a push, I could always use the stereo headphone output to achieve this.

• @rcf said:
    Thanks for the reply. A mono output is going to be very useful; I use a lot of parallel processing; iOS apps along with hardware effects. A stereo out would have been useful for the occasional in series processing chain (iPad into hardware effects) but at a push, I could always use the stereo headphone output to achieve this.

Yes, the headphone output can indeed be used for this. For an interface with discrete L and R outputs, we have iRig Pro DUO available.