Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do I send a GarageBand project file without iTunes....

edited September 2016 in Support and Feedback

Hey all,

I'm currently using GB on my iPadPro, and would like to collaborate with another fellow musician. I'm having a hard time being able to send him a GB project. It says online you can share it to iTunes, then share it from there, however I don't have a computer, I have an iPad Pro....
I have tried email, Dropbox, etc, and it wants to mix the project down to an MP4 before sending. Not what I want....
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited September 2016

one idea would be to share it to iCloud Drive, when you do this it will offer on option to save the project file there. Then go into the iCloud Drive and share the project there via email.

If it's especially large, iOS should offer the ability to send it via MailDrop

Additionally you could share it via "open in", then choose Google Drive...when you do this It also presents the option to send the project file.

• edited September 2016

.> @sirdavidabraham said:

one idea would be to share it to iCloud Drive, when you do this it will offer on option to save the project file there. Then go into the iCloud Drive and share the project there via email.

If it's especially large, iOS should offer the ability to send it via MailDrop

Additionally you could share it via "open in", then choose Google Drive...when you do this It also presents the option to send the project file.

I have tried sending it via email from the iCloud Drive, but it shows up as 0 bytes....also tried to send it to google drive from iCloud, but it says it's uploading, but never does, just hangs up...>

• @Bängers said:
    I have tried sending it via email from the iCloud Drive, but it shows up as 0 bytes....also tried to send it to google drive from iCloud, but it says it's uploading, but never does, just hangs up...>

What apps do you have available for Open In...?

• @telecharge said:

@Bängers said:

What apps do you have available for Open In...?

From GB....Notes,Google Drive, Message, and Messanger....tried google drive, and it just hangs there saying "uploading"....everything else, it wants to mix down.
    From iCloud no open in options

• edited September 2016

Well I just managed it using ifiles2

But it was a hell of a hassle.

• @Bängers said:
    From GB....Notes,Google Drive, Message, and Messanger....tried google drive, and it just hangs there saying "uploading"....everything else, it wants to mix down.

Unfortunately, your options are pretty limited. Have you tried Apple support? They should be able to help with iCloud/upload issues.

Otherwise, you're looking at a 3rd party solution like what @BiancaNeve is describing.

• @BiancaNeve said:

Please explain how??

• @telecharge said:

@Bängers said:

Unfortunately, your options are pretty limited. Have you tried Apple support? They should be able to help with iCloud/upload issues.

Otherwise, you're looking at a 3rd party solution like what @BiancaNeve is describing.

Apple support said to use iTunes....hate to think if you spend $1000 on the iPadPro, I now have to go buy a laptop to transfer files....

• @BiancaNeve said:

How does ifiles2 work

• edited September 2016

Actually forget it. My method worked on iPad Air 2. But the transfer from iCloud on iPad Pro seems to get stuck.

1st download the app

iFiles 2 - File Manager, Cloud Storage, PDF Reader by Imagam.com
    https://appsto.re/gb/tBD2bb.i

Add iCloud Drive as a service

Open Gagageband App
    Press select
    Select a track
    Press the share button
    Press iCloud Drive
    Select Project

Select the ifiles folder in iCloud Drive

Open the ifiles app
    Press the iCloud button. (you should see a folder called whatever you named your song)
    Click on this and press download select local files

Once the transfer has completed you can zip it and email it or upload to Dropbox one drive etc

• Or just mail your iPad to your friend :wink:

• @BiancaNeve said

Once the transfer has completed you can zip it and email it or upload to Dropbox one drive etc

Yes...........
    but how to share it then with others?

By the way: it is also possible to send a zipped .band file to Dropbox via the free iZip app, without using iCloud Drive. I just did it. But I have no good ideas about sharing it with others. As I understand it iCloud Drive is only about sharing with your own devices. I could send the link of the zipped .band Dropbox file to others, but I can't find a way for them to import the zipped .band file into their GB (without the use of a PC).

• They need to unzip the .band file and save it to their own iCloud Drive. Then in GB they can just press plus then import from iCloud

• @BiancaNeve - ok, thx for clarifying

• Good info here for escaping the walled garden. Thank you @BiancaNeve and @Marcel

• @Marcel said:

@BiancaNeve said

Yes...........
    but how to share it then with others?

By the way: it is also possible to send a zipped .band file to Dropbox via the free iZip app, without using iCloud Drive. I just did it. But I have no good ideas about sharing it with others. As I understand it iCloud Drive is only about sharing with your own devices. I could send the link of the zipped .band Dropbox file to others, but I can't find a way for them to import the zipped .band file into their GB (without the use of a PC).

@BiancaNeve said:
    They need to unzip the .band file and save it to their own iCloud Drive. Then in GB they can just press plus then import from iCloud

Thank you guys for the input!!! I'm going to try it with izip cause it seems like the easiest way... I'll keep you posted if it works....

• I just tried Izip free on a very simple band file, but it wouldn't zip it because it was too big. But the process of getting it into izip was very simple so I may buy the full version.

• edited September 2016

@BiancaNeve said:
    I just tried Izip free on a very simple band file, but it wouldn't zip it because it was too big. But the process of getting it into izip was very simple so I may buy the full version.

If I remember it correctly: you have to zip the .band map. I first tried to zip all the files within that map, that didn't work, then I tried zipping the map itself, that worked. If it seems you can't select the map then press the file/map above it, then you can select the map.