Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason adds Ableton Link

Reason 9.1 has added Ableton Link.

IMAGE ALT TEXT HERE

Comments

• Cool. Got Reason limited with my Korg Taktile 25 purchase. Haven't used it yet.

Next question, will Apple add it to Logic or At least add it MainStage. They would be dumb not to.

• It's getting really interesting. Hope Apple and Steinberg will follow Ableton, Propellerhead and Cycling ’74

• Cool. @jakoB_haQ featured prominently in that vid! :smile:

• @ecamburn said:
    Cool. @jakoB_haQ featured prominently in that vid! :smile:

Thanks. I would not have watched the video had you not mentioned Jakob. Actually it's a good ad and it's very good news...Ableton Link for everyone!!!

• Just read the news. Downloading the 30 day trial to check it out. I'm still on Reason 7 and I've been looking to upgrade to 9. So the addition of Link is definitely a plus.
    I wish ReBirth for iPad had Link added. Hopefully that's on their list. For now, I'll try it with MIDI Link Sync.

• edited September 2016

@Rich303 said:
    Just read the news. Downloading the 30 day trial to check it out. I'm still on Reason 7 and I've been looking to upgrade to 9. So the addition of Link is definitely a plus.
    I wish ReBirth for iPad had Link added. Hopefully that's on their list. For now, I'll try it with MIDI Link Sync.

I just tried 'Link to Midi' with Egoist for recording into Blocs... perfect. :)

• Oh, who would have thought. Nice. :)

• How's link on the desktop compared to Rewire?

• Reason 9 user over here! Super excited to be able to use stuff like Gadget in tandem with my big setup. Anyone got any tips on how to get it going? I can't seem to get anything seeing anything else...

• @ecamburn said:
    Cool. @jakoB_haQ featured prominently in that vid! :smile:

Very cool to see Jakob in there representing mobile music... Really exciting.

(It's a nicely shot video but it's a shame they just slapped what sounds like music at posh spa over the top. I bet the guys in the room were jamming something much more interesting!).

• @chimp_spanner said:
    Reason 9 user over here! Super excited to be able to use stuff like Gadget in tandem with my big setup. Anyone got any tips on how to get it going? I can't seem to get anything seeing anything else...

Where the Sync tab is for internal and extenal clock, select Link.

• @AudioGus said:

@Rich303 said:
    Just read the news. Downloading the 30 day trial to check it out. I'm still on Reason 7 and I've been looking to upgrade to 9. So the addition of Link is definitely a plus.

I just tried 'Link to Midi' with Egoist for recording into Blocs... perfect. :)

I just got done checking all my apps and testing a few in Reason. This really opens up a lot more possibilities for me. I have 7 synths, 3 drum synths, and. 3 utilities that I haven't tried yet... AUM, AudioBus, and MidI Link Sync. So anything that don't have Link, I'll have to experiment with by loading into those apps when I have more time.

Right now out of all the synths, I'm sure I'll use Model 15 the most since it's too CPU hungry to run in Cubasis on my Mini 2. So now I can enjoy it fully with Reason. :)

• Got it going in the end. I had to create an ad hoc virtual network in Windows and connect the iPad to that. Works perfectly, and takes all the hassle out of recording things into Reason alongside my sequenced material.

Amazing!

• @chimp_spanner said:
    Got it going in the end. I had to create an ad hoc virtual network in Windows and connect the iPad to that. Works perfectly, and takes all the hassle out of recording things into Reason alongside my sequenced material.

Amazing!

Cool. Glad you got it working. Props added Link at a good time considering how many apps are available now. Link really broadened my instrument arsenal for Reason. MIDI clock sync was always hit or miss with iOS. So having Link in Reason is a Godsend. I couldn't justify buying Ableton for it when I'd rather be more at home with Reason. I could care less about VST support when all my money is in iOS apps. Link really is a game changer for me.

• Most intriguing thing about this video? Those elevator shoes.

• This will probably convince me to upgrade to R9 (on R7)

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

(It's a nicely shot video but it's a shame they just slapped what sounds like music at posh spa over the top. I bet the guys in the room were jamming something much more interesting!).

I had the same reaction. It would have been nice to actually hear some of what the musicians were doing together.

• @jakoB_haQ is it true?
    Dont you know if Thor gonna be updated?

• Hi! Is there an Option in Reason to Sync Start / stop with Audiobus or aum? Thx

• @errorism11 said:
    Hi! Is there an Option in Reason to Sync Start / stop with Audiobus or aum? Thx

If you're talking about the very limited iOS version then you might be better off switching to Ampify Groovebox. It supports both.

• @rs2000 said:

@errorism11 said:

If you're talking about the very limited iOS version then you might be better off switching to Ampify Groovebox. It supports both.

No, i talk about the Reason 11 Suite. It supportes Ableton Link. And i want to sync the Start / Stop of AUM or Audiobus with Reason 11 Suite. If I press the play Button ... it would be nice if both starts, Reason and AUM / Audiobus. Ableton Live has this feature... THX

• @errorism11 said:

@rs2000 said:

@errorism11 said:

No, i talk about the Reason 11 Suite. It supportes Ableton Link. And i want to sync the Start / Stop of AUM or Audiobus with Reason 11 Suite. If I press the play Button ... it would be nice if both starts, Reason and AUM / Audiobus. Ableton Live has this feature... THX

AUM and AB3 both support LINK and MIDI clock sync.
    My personal preference would be MIDI clock because all connected clients start in sync with the master but using Ableton LINK over WiFi is certainly more convenient.

For MIDI clock support in Reason:
    https://docs.propellerheads.se/reasonessentials83/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm#context=EngOpManProjectPro&file=SynchronizationAndAdvancedMIDI.21.2.html

• Ok, thank you :)