Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Check this out. (Effectus)

Effectus. Audiobus supported.

www.sunsineaudio.com/effectus-038.htm

Comments

• It's a set of Audulus presets, so if you don't have Audulus you'd be wasting your time.

• edited July 2013

I'm glad to see this happening. Great app, great sound designer. Would love to see the complexity hidden (but revealable).

Also, @mgmg4871 http:// ! :)

• Interesting to see Audulus designs being sold. I'm wondering if IAPs of designs is another consideration. Certainly that would need to be negotiated between the Audulus dev and 3rd party devs, but it would be an easier delivery mechanism for the users.

• I have Audulus, and as of now regret it a little bit. I don't get much use out of it, because of the interface. It's OK for design work, but performance is a pain. What would be nice would be if the developer created a tabbed interface where the development side of things (what we see now) were in one tab, and then a live-use interface for easier/quicker live access were in a different tab. I don't like working around all of the cables and wires and zooming in and out and such when I'm trying to perform. A screen where I can assign cut-off, resonance, Mod, pitch, and some additional assignable CCs along with a keyboard like Animoog's on a clean separate tab would be great!

• Or maybe add midi learn to some of the components, so they can be controlled externally.

• Audiojunkie makes a good point - some DAWS are better for composition than for performance.

Myself... I still haven't drunk the Kool-Aid regarding iOS DAWs. I do my DAW stuff on a computer - the iPad is still a tool I use every day, but ultimately I think it's more useful for performance. When I'm editing, I need more precision than the touchscreen can offer...