Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUFX:Space is here!

The first app in the AUFX series is here!

image AUFX:Space - high quality tweakable reverb

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id665650685?mt=8

Comments

• You might want to add AB support in your description in App Store.

• Shhh! It's a secret...

• Not showing up in app store on my iPad... :\

• edited July 2013

Try the link in the first post jesse, it shows up in the US store on my iPad. If it's not working, just give it a little while I guess

Insta-buy here! Have not tried it yet, but I really like the small footprint. :)

• @mgmg4871: It's all there already :)

• High quality 32-bit DSP engine.
    • A multitude of parameters to tweak to get a wide range of sounds.
    • Process hardware input/output
    • Process other apps through Audiobus (input/filter/output slots supported).
    • Ready for the future inter-app audio standard.
    • Save and load user presets.
    • Comes with several bundled presets.
    • Fully MIDI controllable, including Virtual MIDI.
    • Background Audio.
    • Record the result directly in app.
    • Email recordings or export to AudioShare audio document manager app.
    • Access user presets and recordings through iTunes File Sharing.
  • @jesse_ohio: It might take up to 24 hours for it to reach all the worlds app stores..

• It's not showing all of that, and there's and no dropdown for more.

• In my opinion AUFX:Space is even better than AD 480 Pro app.

• I made a comparison track with a little jam I made. Using AB, I did Audioshare to Audioshare with AUFX in the middle, there's a hiccup around 30 seconds but its not Space's fault. I just used the big hall preset with no tweaking, and kept the limiter on (which is awesome to have). I think it sounds great, really cool app. It'll be great on individual instruments, can't wait for the rest of the series!

• edited July 2013

AppStore not showing all the info is a bug on Apples part. Press reviews, and then back to the info page and the drop down arrow should be back.

• ^ what Chris said. It's a bug when clicking on an external link for the App Store, the description ends with(...) instead of 'more'. Click on any other tab and then back to description.

Good luck with the app Jonatan.

• Very nice Jonatan, sounds great and beautiful interface design as well.

• Definitely worth the asking price. It sounds really good, especially compared to most iOS reverbs, and it's wonderfully minimal in design (like Mr Liljedahl's other apps).

I compose dark techno with BeatMaker 2, and while BM2's reverb has been serviceable, I'll be running most of my synths through AUFX:Space from now on.

Looking forward to the next AUFX apps.

• Digging it! Do kinda wish it had a dwell/decay control, but regardless, it's a VERY good effect at a sweet spot price-wise

• Great Reverb!
    I've just added a five star review.
    For this price, its amazing that this level of quality has been achieved.

• Just left a 5 star review too. Loving this. Great work!

• edited March 2014

• Top draw Jonatan.

Thank you.

• +1 for top draw Jonatan. Very well done.

• No hesitation. Really fantastic!

• Congrats!

• Just bought, will try it out later. What I thought was interesting was the bullet point which said "Ready for the future inter-app audio standard"!

• Yeah, @PhilW, I posted something about that on a different thread. I'm wondering when we'll hear more, since everyone who seems to know is under an NDA.

• Bought... can't wait to try this!

• @funjunkie27 and @PhilW: That's right, I can't say much because of the NDA, but their own public information says iOS7 has something they call "inter-app audio". The AUFX series is ready for it, but note that the current version does not actually support it since I need to wait for apple to allow submission of apps built for iOS7 first.

• This is great...just left a review but no reviews showing up in the UK store yet...sounds have a lot of depth...very very nice

• Definitely my new favourite reverb app/unit. Really versatile in how you can shape a reverb from small subtle rooms to really huge spaces in various "colors", without it all starting to sound bad/cheap. Awesome deal at only $3.99.

• Great to hear you all like it :)

Interesting to hear your experience of sound quality, @Flo26. These two reverbs sounds a bit different, since they use similar but not identical algorithms. However, I have not compromised with sound quality in any stage. Maybe it's just a matter of subjective taste? It would be very interesting if you could describe in what way you think the sound quality is lacking in AUFX:Space. (No hard feelings here, I'm just curious to know!)

• At first the AD480 sounded better to me. However, being a fan of Kymatica, I wanted to test myself. So I put Cubasis in both the input and output of Audiobus with AUFXspace in the effects slot. I soled a pre recorded vocal and printed the reverb to a separate track. I had previously done this with the AD480. I used a large hall from both reverbs. Then I was able to A/B for comparison. They were of course very similar; but I preferred the AUFX. I realized that I thought the AD480 sounded better because I expected it too. After years of working in studios and relying on the Lexicon 480 I was biased to prefer any reverb with a 480 in the name. The AUFX is easier to use because it has level meters and you don't have to scroll thru every preset to get the one you want. So, I say job very well done and thank you!