Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPhone 7 or iPhone SE?

my screen shattered last week and it's time to replace my ancient iphone 5 with something new… it's either an iphone se or iphone 7. can't decide…

iPhone SE vs iPhone 7
  1. Which would you choose?30 votes
    1. iPhone SE 64gb - $450
      66.67%
    2. iPhone 7 128gb - $750
      33.33%

Comments

• Personally I'd go with the SE. I don't use my phone for music and the 4" screen is just the ideal size for single-handed operation. And that thing is screaming fast.

• Get the 7.. Built in audio interface, (lightening) and nice big screen for gadget

• I need a new one too. The camera on the 7 is attractive, but no headphone port and high price are pushing me to a six or SE.

• I need to do a bit of research on how useable Gadget is on a 4.7" screen. My iPad Air 2 is still the main noisemaker.

I'm leaning towards the iPhone 7 4.7" 32GB...

• edited September 2016

I have se and really like it. Used to have 6 before ths and i really prefer this size over something bigger(much easier to handle and i dont need a bigger screen really since i have ipad and phone is just for calling, messaging, checking some stuff on interwebs quick and ofc most importantly an mp3 player). Also the shape in general is a lot better to handle. Better camera would be sweet tho, but its still not an dslr, so neither will give you that sort of quality..

• edited September 2016

@Telstar5 said:
    Get the 7.. Built in audio interface, (lightening) and nice big screen for gadget

There is no built in audio interface. What are you talking about? Also phone sucks for making music, the money saved on buying se, could be used for used ipad if he doesent already have one

• thx guys. i got the SE.

• edited September 2016

I'm probably going to get the SE too, but can't decide between that or an Apple-Certified pre-owned iPhone 6s with same storage for $150 more.

Interesting to note... I checked these prices a couple weeks ago, and after the iPhone 7 came out, the pricing on pre-owned iphone 6s' went up in price by $50.

• iPhone SE 64GB is the best choose because has headphones out jack if you want make music of course on it :-)

• @bether said:
    iPhone SE 64GB is the best choose because has headphones out jack if you want make music of course on it :-)

+1

• @mannix said:

@bether said:
    iPhone SE 64GB is the best choose because has headphones out jack if you want make music of course on it :-)

+1

That's what I went for, great price too.

• edited February 2017

I replaced my 5-16 gb, by a SE-16 gb 4 months ago...390 € , so 64 GB is great at that price !
    Battery is way much stronger !
    I won't use it for music, got glitches with just AUM + DRC + Ikaoosilator, but maybe with a sound card, it won't glitch ?
    I finally will use it just to set the tempo for link with launchpad app... :)

• SE is a great device. Personally I "downgraded" from the 4.7inch 6s and am much happier now. The size is so much more manageable, even with my medium/large hands. If I want a big screen I'll get out the 12.9 BigBoy, which was funded in part by the phone sale/swap.

• My iPhone 5s screen bit the dust so got the iPhone SE 64 it's the best deal for me! Loving ease of handling in the train etc and it's fast!

• iPhone SE is great, I've been using mine since it came out.

I don't want a large screen phone and the SE fits great in my front pants pocket.

If I need a larger screen, then I'll just use my iPad.

• After I bought the SE I was pleasantly surprised to discover it was much more powerful than my Air 2, so even though I hadn't planned to use it for music, it can handle more stuff than the pad.

• @CrazySynthMan said:
    iPhone SE is great, I've been using mine since it came out.

I don't want a large screen phone and the SE fits great in my front pants pocket.

If I need a larger screen, then I'll just use my iPad.

Exactly. SE is nice.

• I love the SE, not saying I wouldn't want a bigger iphone but the price is better;
    Also its great for field recording due to its discreet size, battery is great too.

• I don't understand why they put such a feeble pixel resolution on the front facing cam. It's not all about the megapixels, as we all know, but really, 1.2 megapixels is almost like not putting one on the front at all.

• @u0421793 said:
    I don't understand why they put such a feeble pixel resolution on the front facing cam. It's not all about the megapixels, as we all know, but really, 1.2 megapixels is almost like not putting one on the front at all.

Yeah, that's stupid. Also I wish they'd offered a 128GB or even 256GB version as well.

• Wow really?
    So Gadget mixes I'm making on my iPhone might actually choke my Air 1?

@MonzoPro said:
    After I bought the SE I was pleasantly surprised to discover it was much more powerful than my Air 2, so even though I hadn't planned to use it for music, it can handle more stuff than the pad.

• Surprised so many like the smaller screen. It was the 6 (and now my 7) that made me use my iPhone as a primary device instead of the iPad. So much easier with the bigger screen and still very portable.

• edited February 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Wow really?
    So Gadget mixes I'm making on my iPhone might actually choke my Air 1?

@MonzoPro said:
    After I bought the SE I was pleasantly surprised to discover it was much more powerful than my Air 2, so even though I hadn't planned to use it for music, it can handle more stuff than the pad.

Jajaja. How it's that a surprise?. Isn't it obvious?

• I honestly didn't know it was more powerful than the Air I.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I honestly didn't know it was more powerful than the Air I.

In geekbench tests, the Air 1 scores 2191 in multicore.

The iPhone SE scores 4018.

The iPad Air is much weaker than the iPhone SE.

• edited February 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Each new iPhone it's more powerful than the iPad/ iPhone that comes before it,

iPhone 6 > iPad Air, iPhone 5s

But

iPad Air 2 > iphone 6

And

iPhone SE, iPhone 6s > iPad Air 2, iPhone 6

But

iPad Pro > iPhone SE, iPhone 6s

Finally

iPhone 7 > iPad Pro

Always. It's like the water cycle.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:

I can load more AUs in Aum using my iPhone SE than I can with my iPad mini 4...

• I would go with iPhone 7... I've used both form factor devices and love the size of iPhone 7.

• edited November 2017

I was in the same situation 2 weeks ago, wanted to replace my iPhone 5c. Was also thinking about the SE. Then I realized that prices for 6s have dropped after iPhone 8 came. Speed of the 6s is about the same as the SE.
    I am extremely happy with a screen that is a little bigger. And for those who like to play some music, it's got 3D Touch.

Edit: again, I replied to an old post in an old thread, that someone had revived :*