Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg iElectribe and iMS20 and iPolysix all support Audiobus now!!!

edited December 2012 in General App Discussion

Just noticed the updates...so stoked that this has been adopted by Korg. Hope Apple signs on for GarageBand. Though I won't hold my breath.

EDIT by Sebastian (Sorry to highjack the first post!): Please read this to make the KORG apps appear in Audiobus until KORG adds them to our app database: http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/153/how-to-make-korg-apps-appear-in-audiobus

Comments

• iKaossilator as well. Hoping the Moog apps join up as well!

• How do I sync them?

• I had to open the apps first while Audiobus was running before it would see them.

• Holy crap. Talk about an excellent Christmas surprise

• Couldn't agree more! Not to mention Virtual Midi and background audio (of course) now. I feel compelled the shell out for the ipolysix now.

• Can ielectribe sync to loopy's tempo?

• Woke feeling a tad grumpy about the fact that it's 5am to see a bunch of Audiobus friendly Korg apps in my App Store update list - certainly put a smile on my face! Really didn't see that one coming at all... :)

• Just got Loopy to sync perfectly to iElectribe and just about to see if I can get iMS-20 and iPolysix to sync up too. Be really interesting if I can get all three to sync whilst being sequenced by Genome (Genome being clocked by Loopy).

Happy days...

• Cool. Ill finally buy ielectribe if it is able to sync

• edited December 2012

How did you get ieletribe to sync?

Edit: no matter, got it to work.

• Sadly, ipolysix will barely play whatsoever when inside audiobus. Even with no other apps running :( maybe ipad mini isn't powerful enough?

• The drum machines and ikaossilator work great on my ipad mini but both the ipolysix and ims-20 are unusable...

• edited December 2012

ims-20 seems to work ok for me (ipad 3)

• I take back what I said about ims-20. It's somewhat usable and kaoss pad mode seems to work better on it then the keys.

• Virtual midi only seems to work in Audiobus, which is weird

• Great news, gonna reinstall all of them right now!

What an advent calendar!!!!

• Brilliant surprise to see iKaossilator there.

Your move, Moog!

• iPolysix and iElectribe, just tried them with Loopy HD. Ow my...this is so brilliant :)

• @ian:makes sense though cause theres no recorder to record the virtual midi notes.So,audiobus is the only way to get the shit out ;)

didn't expected this update THAT early (if at all),amazing...the only missing thing is midi sync now.

• Cant find how to sync these Korg Apps. I improve lot of glitchs and bad noiz on iPad3 using Polysix.
    But how synchronize iKaossilator or iElectribe ? Plizzz ?

• I'm so excited as well. I was able to do a great jam with ielectribe, ims-20 and ikaos but when i tried to make ielectribe work with loopy it did some strange things. It would record but it didn't sync up so that in loopy it was one tempo and different in the ielect also when I would go back to ielect after recording nothing would play? very strange. I have an ipad4 that I just got right before audiobus..so happy cause it ran really well...except as I said for the loopy problem. If anyone knows of any setting I am missing please advise. Thanks

• So awesome. Now just waiting for Beatmaker 2 and my preparations for global domination will be complete.

• edited December 2012

@TechnoiD how did you improve the glitches for iPolysix. Are you using a "New Ipad" (ipad 3)?

So when is Moog gonna jump on with the Filtatron? I would love to see a few more effects apps getting in on the Audiobus.

• edited December 2012

sadly,the combination of MDAW and iPolysix peforms very poor.Quite unusable :(
    Most of my songs produces heavy glitches (the one you notice when the latency is too low) and the one song that was running without glitches had a very poor timing.Sequencertiming was shaky as hell.What a sucker after i had this great moment (when i saw the updates)this morning...

Tested on ipad 2 with no other apps running in background.Makes no difference to switch WLAN off as well.

• thanks for the link Sebastian.Unfortunately i dont have Nlog (yet).I tried it with sunrizer but that didn't work.You wrote,you dont have problems with ipolysix in audiobus on an iPad 2?Did you try that with Multitrack as well?Or only Loopy?

• I don't think you need NLog for it. Just closing all apps and launching Audiobus or Loopy first should do the trick.

• And I'm not having problems with Multitrack or Loopy on an iPad 2.

• You need NLOG. The nlog workaround fixes my ipad mini problems but launching audiobus first does nothing.

• That's just weird. But ok, if it works, it works...