Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

No headphone jack or catches fire on charging

Every 2 years in UK, the phone upgrade cycle happens. 2 weeks till end of contract,then new phone for me.
Except this time round the 2 flag ship phones to choose from both have major downsides.
I think apple have jumped the gun, the new blue tooth standard was only agreed a few months back, and that won't be in action till next year. What I read on internet.
Perhaps I might just get the 6+s.
Oh well, slowly drifting back to desktop as of late.
Sorry for my post

Comments

• Spooky, I was 3 seconds off posting exactly the same thing!

• I love apple products and Samsung, they both have positive and negatives,just this time round they both seem to arrive with more negatives.
    I just hope apple use the space for the jack wisely. If it's just to gain an extra speaker, pointless
    Apple are aware of their negative move by adding the adapter with the new phone, I don't know why, but I almost want apple to fail miserably this time on sales, then they might focus on core things like stability etc.
    I am still bitter that apple let me upgrade a device only for it to run terribly, no down grade option. A perfectly working iPad is now hanging on the edge of the bin

• @Nicebutfun said:
    I don't know why, but I almost want apple to fail miserably this time on sales

Yea, dont buy it. Apple wont listen to people complaining, but they just might listen to bad sales. Even if the guy complaining is steve fucking wozniak http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/08/24/steve-wozniak-tells-apple-dont-kill-the-iphone-7s-headphone-jack/

• I'll take the extra battery life, better display and faster A10 Fusion chip. Finding out about the Line 6 guitar + headphone interface removed any lingering doubts for portable music making

• I suspect that next years iPhone will be something special and that removing the headphone jack was Apple's way of spacing out the significant changes over a longer period of time.

• Nrgb, I hope you are right on this one.
    We get audio bus , aim, iaa,studiomux, music io etc.super fantastic for mobile music. Love it all. Lots of flexibility, but apple just keeps rolling out updates every 5 minutes , thus putting pressure on developers to upgrade all the apps all the time. And along the way we loose good apps due to lots of work and no financial gain.....

• I suspect that we will have to wait for the year after next if they keep to the established pattern of S years.

• Apple has a history of stopping the use of technology it thinks has passed its prime -- 5 1/4" floppy, 3 1/2" floppy, CD-ROM, serial and parallel ports, etc.

• edited September 2016

We're at the end of the line with what the next big thing can be. Law of diminishing returns. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 that is so thin & slippery because of the full Gorilla glass front & back you have to use a case just to hold firm the damn thing.

How much thinner can you or DO you want to go? When response times & speed is measured in milliseconds how much faster can a device be to even notice? On my S6 & Air 2 everything runs smoothly and both are very fast.... personally updrading every year for some minor few millisecond speed increase to me makes no sense.

Buying a new device within the upgrade path of every 12 to 24 months is more understandable if you're using the device for something like our field, music production, or some other professional or complex endeavor. With the increased RAM & processor speed I can understand needing the latest & greatest to make life easier. But the benefits won't be massive or regarded as some necessity. There are plenty of musician/producers in our community who use early iPad models with different versions of iOS to produce great music.

Upgrading or expecting some sea change every year is increasingly a fools errand. We have hit the wall of what can be expected of a smartphone or tablet IMO save for gimmicks like bendable screens or 100% water proofing. Those days of buying a phone that was twice as fast, twice as thin and twice as cool are over.