Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Maschine Jam controller!

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-jam/

I sold machine ages ago but this looks pretty sexy. I can't lie.

I'm thinking it would be awesome if they made a mini version specifically for imaschine. Or maybe I'm getting too excited :(

Thoughts?

Comments

• It's sexy controllers that really make me jealous of using a laptop over an iPad

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    It's sexy controllers that really make me jealous of using a laptop over an iPad

Lol same. I have no business getting this but I applaud the design. Haven't heard much form NI lately but this is good news. Any development in Maschine should be good news for iMaschine in the future

• The Push looks way more attractive visually. I'm shallow but I don't use Ableton so it doesnt matter.

• @rhcball said:
    The Push looks way more attractive visually. I'm shallow but I don't use Ableton so it doesnt matter.

Don't you care about what's inside!? Lol
    I have the push and I agree, it does look better. Push is more of a complete package which I like. I just need the gear lust to settle. I can't cheat on my wife :'(

• edited September 2016

Yep. Looks like NI's answer to Push, at least in some sense. Seems like it is more about clips launching and scenes than previous Maschines. But it's controlling Maschine and NI software, not Ableton. (I gues it has an option to control Live too) And it's got these nifty "Smart Strips" slider things, which seems like they let you play notes as well work like faders.

• Back when I had the money to afford music stuff, my studio was a mass of mains, midi, audio, SCZI cables. Computers that made more noise and heat than a small plane. Rack units with screens so small, I wouldn't be able to see them with my current eye site. Synths that dwarfed the room and were a pain to keep dust free.

The only organisation was small pieces of tape with notes written on!

Now look how plush studio gear is......really calls to my inner neat freak :p

• Actually it looks better lit up in the dark, I only saw an unlit photo earlier. I'm a sucker for this RGB fad, I like lights.

• Forgive my ignorance... But, can't this be made for an Ipad?
    Just asking...

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Yep. Looks like NI's answer to Push, at least in some sense. Seems like it is more about clips launching and scenes than previous Maschines. But it's controlling Maschine and NI software, not Ableton. (I gues it has an option to control Live too) And it's got these nifty "Smart Strips" slider things, which seems like they let you play notes as well work like faders.

I really like the smart strips on it. Well executed. I also like that it can be midi mapped. If they kept it closed then it would be a big mistake

• The advantages over Push to me is probably weight. Push is really heavy, so not ideal to gig around with.

• @RajahP said:
    Forgive my ignorance... But, can't this be made for an Ipad?
    Just asking...

I didn't see anything online about it. I think the functionality has to be built in (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I've had controllers made for IOS before and they had a low power mode. Otherwise, this thing probably draws too much power.

• @stelvio said:
    The advantages over Push to me is probably weight. Push is really heavy, so not ideal to gig around with.

by the same token though, a Launchpad pro would be lighter than this and make for a better keyboard... I wouldn't take a push 2 out of the studio either but if you consider all of the things that you'd have to carry with the jam to equal what a push 2 can do you'd prob just take the push 2

• @kobamoto you've got a point

• Kind of a weird product for me. As much as I like my Mashine Studio and using Maschine for some things, I never really found myself wishing for a grid based controller for it. PArt of the great appeal of Maschine was using the hardware screens to get away from looking at the computer, and this sort of negates that.