Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple updates iPad lineup with increased storage across the board, iPad Pro gets a price cut

Comments

• Can't see any UK price cut on the iPad Pro range

• Don't know, probably all international sites (NON US) will be updated in the next few hours or so

• edited September 2016

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Can't see any UK price cut on the iPad Pro range

Actually I think uk prices have gone up. iPad Pro 12.9 128gb shows £819

Meanwhile Currys have them at £50 off the old price of £799

All of which makes me even happier with my Cash Converters deal at £540 including smart case and pencil.

• I see the German Apple site has been updated with new data. For example iPad Mini 2 = 32 GB foor same price as 16GB earlier today.

http://www.apple.com/de/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-mini-2

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Can't see any UK price cut on the iPad Pro range

Actually I think uk prices have gone up. iPad Pro 12.9 128gb shows £819

Hmmm yes wasn't it £799 before?

• Probably Apple is updating $ to £ exchange rates too. Seems iPhone 7 is also more expensive in a lot of EU countries than last year... :(

• @mannix said:
    More info:
    https://9to5mac.com/

>

Ho-hum. Too little for too much. No sale, again. :'(

• I don't have the iPad Pro 12.9" yet, but the recent updates to Moog Model 15 and Animoog make for a convincing argument.

• Wow! (Moog 15

• @Seangarland There are many examples, more than I thought. Big Boy's scale is a positive plus. Some of that is no doubt due to faltering eyesight and big fingers Donald, but the only metric that matters to me is that I haven't opened my Air to make anything with since I got The Thing. Now, I've haven't seen much of my family either and I did finally watch all seven seasons of The West Wing but I think of those as unintended consequences and benefits etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Seangarland There are many examples, more than I thought. Big Boy's scale is a positive plus. Some of that is no doubt due to faltering eyesight and big fingers Donald, but the only metric that matters to me is that I haven't opened my Air to make anything with since I got The Thing. Now, I've haven't seen much of my family either and I did finally watch all seven seasons of The West Wing but I think of those as unintended consequences and benefits etc.

I'm still on an Air 1. I think now will be a good time for me to get the current model iPad Pro 12.9", after these news ones come out, as there is already a little discount available.

• @Seangarland said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Seangarland There are many examples, more than I thought. Big Boy's scale is a positive plus. Some of that is no doubt due to faltering eyesight and big fingers Donald, but the only metric that matters to me is that I haven't opened my Air to make anything with since I got The Thing. Now, I've haven't seen much of my family either and I did finally watch all seven seasons of The West Wing but I think of those as unintended consequences and benefits etc.

I'm still on an Air 1. I think now will be a good time for me to get the current model iPad Pro 12.9", after these news ones come out, as there is already a little discount available.

Not trying to pile on, but my Air is a 1 also and beyond all the visuals (and the extra graphic stuff to play with if that's also your thing) being able to happily run half a dozen apps into Infinite Looper or, better yet, crush a bunch of things in AP without freezing (my ass off) is lovely. The only thing is it's taken me quite a while to retrain my more frugal brain (resource-wise).

• Those of you who own the ipad Pro 12.9", did you go for the 128GB of the 256GB model?

• edited September 2016

@studioAB said:
    Those of you who own the ipad Pro 12.9", did you go for the 128GB of the 256GB model?

The 256. And if they'd had a 512 I would have gone with that. An old rule I have always found to be true (if at times expensive) is: Think about the absolute most memory you think you'll need and then double it and it still won't be enough.

1. More would have been nice but the bank manager would have had conniptions.
  • I have the 128GB. Still have some left after a year.

• Very tempted by the 12.9 after these price drops. Finally in a more reasonable price range

• IPad pro 12" 128gb.. aren't we getting toward laptop prices there? .. with better music making flexibility...

• IPad pro 12" 128gb.. aren't we getting toward laptop prices there? .. with better music making flexibility...

• @SkillipEvolver said:
    IPad pro 12" 128gb.. aren't we getting toward laptop prices there? .. with better music making flexibility...

Trousers and hotpants my friend, bustiers and blouses...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@studioAB said:
    Those of you who own the ipad Pro 12.9", did you go for the 128GB of the 256GB model?

The 256. And if they'd had a 512 I would have gone with that. An old rule I have always found to be true (if at times expensive) is: Think about the absolute most memory you think you'll need and then double it and it still won't be enough.

Thanks. I'm looking at the 256 wifi only model. I don't need cellular and can always use my phone as a hotspot if I ever need. I won't be lugging this beast around much anyway.

• @studioAB said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@studioAB said:

Thanks. I'm looking at the 256 wifi only model. I don't need cellular and can always use my phone as a hotspot if I ever need. I won't be lugging this beast around much anyway.

That's my exact strategy... with my only reason for getting the 12.9" being the 4GB of internal RAM. (I'd much rather have the 9.7 form factor.)

I'm trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and buy now, or wait for the next versions with the new A10 Fusion chip.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@studioAB said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@studioAB said:

That's my exact strategy... with my only reason for getting the 12.9" being the 4GB of internal RAM. (I'd much rather have the 9.7 form factor.)

I'm trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and buy now, or wait for the next versions with the new A10 Fusion chip.

I am also basing my decision on the 4GB ram. If the smaller one had 4 GB I'd be all over it. If you can wait you might see what they replace the 9.7 with, maybe new chip AND 4 GB ?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@studioAB said:

Mrs Monzo has a rule for me too: go for the cheapest spec or sleep in the shed.

• @MonzoPro said:

Don't complain - there's more music creation time available then.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@studioAB said:

Hmmm. Think I better keep her away from Mrs. Goodyear. I found a rattlesnake in our shed last year...

• @studioAB said:

I am also basing my decision on the 4GB ram. If the smaller one had 4 GB I'd be all over it. If you can wait you might see what they replace the 9.7 with, maybe new chip AND 4 GB?

Considering how far off that is, I think that I would get plenty of use out of the 12.9 inch, and would be able to fill evaluate whether or not it's a machine I want for the long run, assuming a smaller, 4 GB iPad appears.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@studioAB said:

Oh, 512 w/8gb RAM, wherefore art thou?

• @eustressor said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@studioAB said:

Oh, 512 w/8gb RAM, wherefore art thou?

I know, right? When they make the connection to more storage = more app sales...

• edited September 2016

Hi, I got an iPad air 2 64Go which is getting reqlly short on storage. Is it worth it to upgrade for an iPad Pro 12"9, 128Go for around 900€-950€ ?