Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fluxpad is here

Comments

• edited September 2016

Here's a video I did

• iPad only :(

• Looks like a good time for sure.

Yes sampling, yes slicing (manual in/out points), yes panning.

• Looks and sounds cool as fuck

• It's one of those apps that are just plain fun to play.

• How malleable is it? Or does everything just sound like Mouse On Mars?

• Dig the official video - get down with FluxPad B)

• @OscarSouth said:
    How malleable is it? Or does everything just sound like Mouse On Mars?

You can put pretty long samples in also.If you slow down the bpm I think you could do some different stuff. Is prob most suited to electronica with a groove though

• It's fun for sure... but @RedSkyLullaby makes it look really easy. ;) My stuff from the beta devolves into a chaotic mess pretty quick. Appears that you need a little bit of talent to go along with this sweet new toy.

You can use your own samples, which is pretty cool. And there's some midi-control, but I haven't been able to figure out how to use/implement it. Asked the devs and they never got back to me. Figured maybe it wasn't functioning until the release?

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    It's one of those apps that are just plain fun to play.

This.

• Supports Link! This has now taken the throne from Samplr as the reigning reason I want a current iPad! Can anyone comment on mini vs air vs pro sizes. I may be doing some rationalizing in the holiday season ;)

• edited September 2016

does the sample trimming have truncate so you can kick the unwanted bits off your iPad, freeing up space?

nice videos, and btw does it have any fx?

• This looks like it might be upsetting to those with O.C.D.

would like to see how the samples are edited. Oh, hell. It's the ED guys. It's got Link. It's less than $10? DONE.

• @srcer said:
    Supports Link! This has now taken the throne from Samplr as the reigning reason I want a current iPad! Can anyone comment on mini vs air vs pro sizes. I may be doing some rationalizing in the holiday season ;)

Wildly controversial statement of the day :)

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Here's a video I did

Madness of the good kind. Thanks for putting out the vid. It's not for me musically, but it IS for me as a happy collector of noise-fiddle-abouters :)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    This looks like it might be upsetting to those with O.C.D.

This is very true. If you like precision, don't get. The imprecision is exactly why I love it.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@srcer said:
    Supports Link! This has now taken the throne from Samplr as the reigning reason I want a current iPad! Can anyone comment on mini vs air vs pro sizes. I may be doing some rationalizing in the holiday season ;)

Wildly controversial statement of the day :)

Ok, Samplr is probably more of a true instrument, but Link is what makes the band. Someday Samplr will get Link and retake the throne. Long live the king!

• You can just play Samplr in time!! I'm not waiting for Fender to add Link to my bass guitar so that I can play with a band!! ;)

• @kobamoto said:
    does the sample trimming have truncate so you can kick the unwanted bits off your iPad, freeing up space?

nice videos, and btw does it have any fx?

No sample trimming in app, no fx but it sounds pretty good without. I ran output through saturn and tiny bit of reverb in Auria pro on track I did with it.
    I ended up with similar workflow that i have with Samplr (ie record a few "live" takes in to audioshare>import to Auria pro>minimal fx then add some extra layers.

• This is released AND Phyliss Schafly dies on the same day...
    Who says that life isn't good?

• I beg to differ; your video is what sold me.

• @OscarSouth said:
    You can just play Samplr in time!! I'm not waiting for Fender to add Link to my bass guitar so that I can play with a band!! ;)

People tend to forget this.

• Damn, gotta get this one too, I guess :cookie:

• @OscarSouth said:
    You can just play Samplr in time!! I'm not waiting for Fender to add Link to my bass guitar so that I can play with a band!! ;)

My stupid upright piano does not support link :-(

• edited September 2016

@OscarSouth said:

At least Fender added frets for a precision update. My upright bass has no precision whatsoever, no frets and no LINK :angry:

• @JeffChasteen said:
    This is released AND Phyliss Schafly dies on the same day...
    Who says that life isn't good?

Much as I'm disinclined to speak ill of the departed, I won't miss her.

• edited September 2016

@Munibeast said:

@OscarSouth said:

At least Fender added frets for a precision update. My upright bass has no precision whatsoever, no frets and no LINK :angry:

Pow!

Blam!

(Spot the iOS gear in this shot!)

Ain't it ironic that the 'precision' of having your notes intonated for you removes 99% of the 'precision' of your expression?