Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning midi sync

So here is what I was trying to do
2 instances of ruismaker fm in AUM, each with a bit of processing. Nothing crazy mind you, 2 blamsoft AU effect each and AUFX push and zmors eq on the master.
Both being sequenced by patterning.
Now I tried to sample all that, synced to my octatrack and well it was terrible! I can't figure out why the sync sounded so off!
I'd didn't strike me as tho I had too much latency from what I was running, so has anyone else tried syncing patterning using midi (not link)? Or should I be looking elsewhere?
Thanks!

Comments

• I've had recent success with Patterning RECeiving midiclock from hardware , including following tempo changes pretty well .

Were AUM hosted apps still responding to Link/IAA ( fx bpm /lfos etc ) ?
    This is often a problem , I resolve by using MidiLink Sync to Slave AUM Link/IAA to my external midi clock master .

• @Wally said:
    I've had recent success with Patterning RECeiving midiclock from hardware , including following tempo changes pretty well .

Were AUM hosted apps still responding to Link/IAA ( fx bpm /lfos etc ) ?
    This is often a problem , I resolve by using MidiLink Sync to Slave AUM Link/IAA to my external midi clock master .

I will look into it but I doubt it, I was using drive and bit crushing only IIRC. Thanks for the suggestion