Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Group The Loop

GTL is getting a major upgrade. LINK, IAA input, timestretch and pitch shift, multiple format import and export and a lot more. I am beta testing now. @jmarshallgtl is a one-man dev and has done some great things with this app. Check it out!

Comments

• Got it when it was released, looking forward to the update

• this app is so close to exactly what i am looking for, this update is just what it needed

• @LeonLeroy said:
    this app is so close to exactly what i am looking for, this update is just what it needed

In what way?

• I'm beta testing it too and can confirm the upcoming update is really cool. Great app, suits my workflow perfectly.

• Looking forward to the update and perhaps a simple video re-statement of how (if not why :)).

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Looking forward to the update and perhaps a simple video re-statement of how (if not why :)).

What he said.

• @syrupcore said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Looking forward to the update and perhaps a simple video re-statement of how (if not why :)).

What he said.

what they said.

• Any word on when the update will release?

• According to Jack in the GTL forum:

"Not long now I hope, just a few more tweaks and we're there!"

• @kobamoto said:

@syrupcore said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

What he said.

what they said.

I jumped into the beta test (after buying to support the dev). Here are the big developments on the how/why:

1. Link makes it play nicely with all my other apps.
    2. IAA input allows it to act as a "receiver" from AUM (Loopy doesn't).
    3. The new pitch-shifting and time-stretching algorithms allow lots of flexibility with samples/loops.
    4. The groups are still the killer feature. Similar to Scenes in Ableton Live but more song sections than "grid".

I have found a couple of niggling UX issues that prevent GTL from being a home run, but it's oh so close...

• thank you for the insights luke, what were the ux issues

• The biggest hurdle is lack of count in and count out for loops. It works for groups but not for loops within groups. There is other stuff that needs refinement but that's the big one.

Panning is well handled, btw.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Panning is well handled, btw.

Haha

• Hey, been loving using this app. Question, I'm using it stand alone for the first time without syncing to other apps. I can't seem to find tap tempo. Surely I'm missing something because this app already seems so tailored for ease of live use :-)

• @Blipsford_Baubie. Tap the clock settings box in between the divide and multiply signs top left of the screen. In the drop down box you can change tempo and choose time stretch or pitch.

• It has Midi clock out or it's planned sometime?

• @Dubbylabby said:
    It has Midi clock out or it's planned sometime?

Hey @Dubbylabby, no MIDI clock out yet i'm afraid, I will add it to the new feature poll over on the GTL forum.

GTL has Ableton Link so maybe you could achieve external MIDI sync with the Link to MIDI app?

• @Dubbylabby said:

Try using it with Midi Sync Link?......... just a suggestio. ;)

• @jmarshallgtl said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Hey @Dubbylabby, no MIDI clock out yet i'm afraid, I will add it to the new feature poll over on the GTL forum.

GTL has Ableton Link so maybe you could achieve external MIDI sync with the Link to MIDI app?

@studs1966 said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Try using it with Midi Sync Link?......... just a suggestio. ;)

Correcto

It also depends on app in reality.

There is ALMOST always a way anymore in one way or another to get everything synced up. It may require using a Genome or Infinite Looper instead of your sequencer of choice, but there are ways.

It is a sometimes frustrating game deductively reasoning your way through things that sometimes defy logic or common accepted practices.

There are ways.

• Wishing to be able to edit loops by pinching or how ever. Would make it useful for me at east.

• @Tritonman said:
    Wishing to be able to edit loops by pinching or how ever. Would make it useful for me at east.

I'm planning to add a sample editor to GTL eventually. This would allow you to adjust timing, trim, time stretch, reverse, transpose, that sort of thing.

• Hi mates!
    I will try the link to midi apps but I believed these were suited towards midi hardware more than app to app. I will love to use GTL with midiband and bs-16i for full arranger one mand band setup ;)
    So some kind of syncing (midiband has not link yet) and note output sending from each song part will be useful to trigger midi seqs quantized althogether.

I need to explore midiflow too. I have more apps than I can manage without going nuts xD

Thanks for your help and advices!
    D.

• @jmarshallgtl said:

@Tritonman said:
    Wishing to be able to edit loops by pinching or how ever. Would make it useful for me at east.

I'm planning to add a sample editor to GTL eventually. This would allow you to adjust timing, trim, time stretch, reverse, transpose, that sort of thing.

No small matter :) Look forward to seeing your progress with this...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@jmarshallgtl said:

@Tritonman said:

No small matter :) Look forward to seeing your progress with this...

+1
    Some more manipulation of the loops would definitely be very nice!

• I'll definitely buy this when the sample editor is added. I have several looping apps now and they all have their strengths. Someday someone will code the mothership that meets all looping needs

• Hi :) interested in this. I wondered whether there are plans for Ableton Live export (now that they've made it easier to implement).

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    I'll definitely buy this when the sample editor is added. I have several looping apps now and they all have their strengths. Someday someone will code the mothership that meets all looping needs

Now is black friday discount and it will be increased the price over the regular price 8.99 soon so don't wait and take it now mate!
    ;)

• It's worth it!

• @Carnbot said:

Hi :) interested in this. I wondered whether there are plans for Ableton Live export (now that they've made it easier to implement).

Link already supported.