Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi Designer Pro 50% off.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midi-designer-pro/id492291712?mt=8

Check out @SpookyZoo's design in this thread.
forum.audiob.us/discussion/532/fave-music-theory-apps#Item_144

Comments

• edited July 2013

I have so much geeky fun with this app, it's silly. Tonight I was working on a step sequencer, it controls the sequencer in Magellan, which then sends the notes to Animoog.

Lets see if I can load a screenshot.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPlcY75CEAELiNv.jpg

Seriously, if you don't think you'll ever be able to justify the idea of paying $50 for Lemur, this is a great alternative. And it's very easy to program and build stuff.

• These guys are building an amazing and indispensable app...

• This app is awesome! If you have an idea for something midi controlled....chances are you can build it here. Reccommended.

Here is the (work in progress) music theory layout that @mgmg4871 mentioned

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnmggo7lf73206h/SIX PAGES.mididesigner

http://mididesigner.com/qa/1768/six-pages-piano-chord-update

• I am totally impressed with your layout !!!! Many thanks for share it :)))

• @manuhz Thanks. It was made specifically mapped to iGrandPiano's transpose dial using MIDI CC25. There's been a few quirks using it with other apps, but I'm hoping to refine it over the next week or so. Let me know if you have any suggestions or corrections. Cheers :)

• Wasn't going to feed the Apple this month. Really wasn't. Oh well.
    I will use this marvelous template to teach myself Midi Designer Pro.

• @SpookyZoo Yes :) i'm following the main thread in this forum. I think it would be better to keep all the comments and suggestions there...

• Very tempting, I think I'll get it on monday with a discounted iTunes card.
    I wish there was a portrait mode and horizontal faders. Maybe in an update.

• There are definitely cross-fader options. Hope the sale is still good for you on Monday.

• Hey @Hmtx.. Just realised the MD layout for Animoog was done by you. Nice. It was the only layout I had downloaded up till now. :)

• edited July 2013

Yep, I don't have room for heaps of hardware, so me "expanding" is when i use another iPad for controlling the main one :-).

I still get lost in Animoog for unknown amounts of time, amazing app! and paired with the controls via MIDI Designer, its even better. I actually think MIDIDesigner layout controls are more responsive and accurate than within Animoog itself.

By the way, there are a few errors in the Animoog controller that I just discovered tonight. Nothing big but I'll work on a update version sometime.

• edited July 2013

Thought there would be a readily available controller for Cubase on Windows with Step by Step for Dummies on how to setup the Generic midi controls within Cubase. Downloaded rptMidi for the wifi but it seems odd I can't google a downloadable pre-built Cubase controller. Guess everyone builds their own?

Assume that I'll be able to use network midi to control either platforms' synths and route the audio via cable switching off my Presonus Firebox and Guitar jack 2 to record either in Cubase or Cubasis all from one MD pro setup. A boy's gotta dream.

• Here's a response I got from the MD Pro Dev.

Thanks for this. To be honest, it's the first time a user has explained to me which part of Audiobus support is relevant.

I'll be looking into this soon.

Thanks!
    Dan

Dan Rosenstark
    Author and CEO
    MIDI Designer
    Your perfect MIDI Controller

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 20, 2013, at 9:40 PM, Morris Griffin mgmg4871@yahoo.com wrote:

To: MIDI Designer Suport

Morris Griffin
    [email protected]

You have a excellent app that I will make very useful, but I would
    love to see Audiobus support. I know there is no audio in MD but to
    have the inter app switching would really be a plus. Thank you.

• Picked up some discounted iTunes cards today and got this one finally.
    I hope I'll make better use of it than lemur and touchable, which I never got around to checking out after buying.

• Hope you have fun with it. There's some good videos from the developer on Youtube.