Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I wrote some stuff that might be interesting for you

Check out the op-ed that I wrote on Discchord. I think this might be important for prety much every iOS musician. http://discchord.com/blog/2013/7/19/the-pitfalls-of-automatic-updates-in-ios-7.html

Comments

• Yeah. The first thing i thought when i saw the WWDC was exact this. But i was sure that will be just an option.... if not.... Apple must be braindead!

• Yeah, I read it this morning. Nice to hear you speak out about things! :-) If there is an option to turn off the automatic updates, I'll definitely be using it. I don't like having to go outside of my iPad unless I have to, and having to rely on a computer to back things up bothers me (but I'll do it if I have to). :-)

• edited July 2013

Sorry...i just found a site in german. Perhaps someone can find an english link.
    http://mobil.maclife.de/tipps-tricks/iphone/ios-7-automatische-app-updates-deaktivieren
    There is described how to turn off this option and go back to manual. Also you can see when you did automatic which apps where updated and what news are in there. Hope it's also to find in the final... then it's a feature not a bug ;)
    Edit: I found something in english...
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/06/14/inside-ios-7-apples-new-app-store-simplifies-updating-and-app-discovery

• I think every app should have a switch in its settings that lets it opt out of the global update. Let the user decide which apps get updated automatically. I don't care if Notes or The Weather Channel or Safari update automatically but I would like to know when Audiobus or Cubasis or AmpKit are ready.

• @cheesesteak That actually sounds like a good idea! A lot like event notifications! I like it and agree with your reasoning! :-)

• edited July 2013

I won't be upgrading to iOS 7 until it is EXTREMELY clear that we can disable autoupdates.
    Look at the clusterf**k that was iOS 6...

• This won't be a problem for those of us who really care...
    because we are the kind of people who wait to update our software, iOS 7 included, until we are sure it will work how we want.
    Still, it would be a tough choice between gaining whatever inter-app audio is in iOS 7 or keeping control over updates.

On a positive note, if updates are automatic in iOS 7, maybe it will give developers more incentive to test new features sufficiently before release?

• and overall, I imagine it will decrease tech support for developers if more people are on their apps latest versions.

• Autoupdates are the crappiest load of crap to come out of Apple since Steve Jobs was nicknamed 'Big'...

• @Hmtx Agreed, having everyone on the same version does decrease tech support overhead, so this is a valid point. :-)

• ok.

so my vote is for automatic updates being the default only if there is also an option in iOS app settings where you can turn it off for individual apps. And those apps should get notifications in the appstore if there are updates available.

• Would love it to be per app like notifications. I'm actually looking forward to automatic updates for most of my apps. I mean, do I really want to manually update instagram and angry birds? no. I do back up my devices on the fairly regular so whatevs.

• I like auto updates, personally. Yeah, if you're doing something where you are heavily reliant on your apps working exactly as you expect like performing live I can understand not wanting this. The option is there though, so I can't see why anyone would get bent out of shape over it.

• The option is there though, so I can't see why anyone would get bent out of shape over it.

I wasn't able to say that and to be honest I didn't want to scare anyone, just tell them that if they're musicians they probably need to search for the option and turn it off. Tim added a little drama to it with his last comment, but hey - he enjoys having a healthy discussion in the comments, and that's understandable.

• The option is there in the beta.
    I shall wait to hear if it's in the release before upgrading. Mind you, I'd be waiting for a few weeks anyway to find out what other disasters crop up...