Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app.dhalang mg.groovebox,synth,audio sampler ,sequencer etc .available now!

Dhalang MG par Joel Kivela
https://appsto.re/fr/e3A9db.i

Comments

• Woah! Where the hell is the soundtestroom video already?!
    And how on earth did you find that?

• Well there are a lot of fine words in that title.

• Here's the lite version link Dhalang Lite by Joel Kivela
    https://appsto.re/gb/42A9db.i

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Woah! Where the hell is the soundtestroom video already?!
    And how on earth did you find that?

There's also a lite version that allows you to play around with the six oscillator synth, but not that impressive looking piano roll. No AB, no IAA, no Link, it seems. $20.

• The Lite version has been available for a few weeks.

• edited September 2016

@ExAsperis99 said:

No AB, no IAA, no Link,

No sale

• edited September 2016

Free version https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/dhalang-lite/id1140174264?mt=8

Edit: Already posted I see. Sorry about that.

• edited September 2016

@AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

No AB, no IAA, no Link,

No sale

Tend to agree, but the same guy made a hebrew gematria calculator and navigator for the Torah where you can explore words and verses by their numerical connections with the original masoretic text and english verse translations and the app's name is Toratrix WHICH IS AWESOME. But still no AB.

• Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but i don't think all those wonderful things rolled into one app will ever work properly. Look at how long they've been trying to get modstep right. Although i hear that one tracker app works well. But I've tried a tracker before, i just can't gel with the work flow. But that was PC. Maybe i out to try again. I can't think of the name of the app now.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

No AB, no IAA, no Link,

No sale

Tend to agree, but the same guy made a hebrew gematria calculator and navigator for the Torah where you can explore words and verses by their numerical connections with the original masoretic text and english verse translations and the app's name is Toratrix WHICH IS AWESOME. But still no AB.

I bought a gematria app and it was Hebrew only, had to put Learn Biblical Hebrew on my list right behind pure data and Csound

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but i don't think all those wonderful things rolled into one app will ever work properly. Look at how long they've been trying to get modstep right. Although i hear that one tracker app works well. But I've tried a tracker before, i just can't gel with the work flow. But that was PC. Maybe i out to try again. I can't think of the name of the app now.

Renoise.

• edited September 2016

Trying the free version. Looks very nice, sounds very nice. Having some trouble with the knobs and faders. Doesn't seem to have multitouch and may be a bit small on my mini. Perhaps the full version has multitouch. looks like the full version does quite a bit more.

• Thanks @redo1 re: no multi-touch. I almost pulled the trigger on this one but think I'd get annoyed quickly if it's really meant for a mouse. I notice there's both OSX and Linux versions so you're probably right. It does mention support for the built-in polyphonic touch screen keyboard. Wonder if multi-touch is limited to that are though?

That said, the app store really doesn't do the feature set any sort of justice. It not only has several different interesting looking sound generators, it also has 5 different inter-operable sequencer types (with midi out). http://www.hypertonal.net/dhalang/features-seq.html

Looking forward to any other reviews.

• Another potentially great app whose developer doesn't want it to talk to the rest of the IOS musical world. :'(

• Looks cool, guess I'll download the free lite for the computer and give it a spin...

• @Nkersov said:
    Another potentially great app whose developer doesn't want it to talk to the rest of the IOS musical world. :'(

I dont think every developer is neccessarily aware of Audiobus and/or the desires of us on this forum.

• it is worth trying the free version. small download and the few synth presets do sound very good imo.

• edited September 2016

@rhcball said:
    I dont think every developer is neccessarily aware of Audiobus and/or the desires of us on this forum.

>

Those that aren't aware of AB, IAA and Link haven't done thier homework. All add to the interest in, desirability and commercial potential of any musical app.

• @Nkersov said:

@rhcball said:

>

Those that aren't aware of AB, IAA and Link haven't done thier homework. All add to the interest in, desirability and commercial potential of any musical app.

I think this dev is busy reading about math and physics.

• also i thank god every day that so many devs are artists as opposed to economists.

• @rhcball said:
    also i thank god every day that so many devs are artists as opposed to economists.

>

Amen.

• well i'm gonna buy it unless someone stops me in the next five minutes, i like the idea of just letting some exotic math formula make noise while i garnish with patchblock and furby.

• couldn't find a video on their site, is there a hidden video of the app somewhere?

• edited September 2016

@kobamoto

http://www.hypertonal.net/dhalang/tutorials.html

Is the only one so far, wordless and titleless but works through the features pretty thoroughly

At my first few minutes in, this seems like a pretty deep (full?) one-stop shop - IAA multi audio out or stem export would be swell (would at least make it more likely to fit into what I'm already up to)

• dunno if its just me but the onscreen keyboard has a weird latency that reminds me of the old Android days. The whole touch aspect is wonky, like its an awkward port from desktop.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @kobamoto

http://www.hypertonal.net/dhalang/tutorials.html

Is the only one so far, wordless and titleless but works through the features pretty thoroughly

At my first few minutes in, this seems like a pretty deep (full?) one-stop shop - IAA multi audio out or stem export would be swell (would at least make it more likely to fit into what I'm already up to)

thanks I really like the aesthetics of it, will have to ponder on that price but definitely intrigued

• Hello group, nice to see interest on this software of mine.

AB, IAA, etc support is definitely not insurmountable, I just haven't looked much into other iOS music software + I need to figure out how to mix my code with those Objective-C libraries etc..

I just did an update to both lite/mg versions to feature more tablet-centered ui mechanics with multitouch - Also some weird font-related ui latency issues were fixed.

• @Hypertonal said:
    Hello group, nice to see interest on this software of mine.

AB, IAA, etc support is definitely not insurmountable, I just haven't looked much into other iOS music software + I need to figure out how to mix my code with those Objective-C libraries etc..

I just did an update to both lite/mg versions to feature more tablet-centered ui mechanics with multitouch - Also some weird font-related ui latency issues were fixed.

There's some wonderfully helpful devs here about, so sure some help can be found here if you need it :)

• Oh good news. Will redownload.