Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

USB on/off footswitch for Patterning

edited August 2016 in General App Discussion

Wondering if this USB footswitch would act as an on/off switch for Patterning. As Patterning has midi learn I'm hoping that the footswitch would be recognised in the same way as any other midi controller would. Anyone using one or something similar for live/jamming?

Scythe's USB Foot Switches can be used as an additional input device for the computer. They also provide a more comfortable and convenient way to work. The USB Foot Switches are available in a single, double or triple version and can be freely assigned any key by the supplied software. No drivers are required, just plug in and go.
They also work with Apple Mac computers although you will need access to a PC or the PC 'Wine' emulator running on a Mac in order to perform any initial configuration of the footswitch, i.e. to tell it which key(s) to simulate when pressed. Once programmed, the PC environment is no longer needed because the footswitch will present itself to the Mac as being a generic USB keyboard.

Comments

• Think I just found the answer. Watched a YouTube video of a guy who mapped the iRig to LoopyHD bindings. Looks excellent. 4 switches too and each can be mapped to a different binding or CC. I'm sure Patterning would recognise it. Good times are comin'.

• I am thinking of buying Behringer FCB 1010 pedal ( 10 switches + 2 expression pedals) to connect it to my alesis IO Dock and have then enough power to switch presets on the fly.

• There's also the Keith McMillen pedal boards, the Softstep and 12 Step.

• edited August 2016

Thanks AlexB and miguelmarcos. Checked both of those out. Actually more than I need and out of my price range. Thank you though. Made me aware that there are lots of them out there.