Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Backing track app + pdf reader

Hi, I would like to play piano, with a backing track (created by myself or downloaded from the net) and read the score directly on my iPad Pro, without printing on paper. I know that Korg Module has a PDF score reader, but it plays only midifiles and not mp3s.
Is there any app which can play backing tracks (eventually even transposing audio), and also showing PDFs?
Probably Documents (without transposing audio) or ShowOne (in background with a pdf reader app on screen)?
Is there something better?
Regards.

Comments

• There's an iOS app called Songbook that opens open-source score format Musescore files and performs them on screen with notation. Notation software, such as Notion, does this, too, but there appears to be an extensive library of existing scores on https://musescore.com.

• I think Onsong would work.

• I really like forScore. Audio transposing is really good. As is tempo changing. Page turning is great, especially if you have a BlueBoard!

forScore by forScore, LLC
    https://appsto.re/gb/iuJRv.i

• But on forScore can I play a mp3 as backing track to main piano melody, and eventually transpose the mp3 backing track?

• you can play mp3 files from your itunes library in Korg Module but I don't think transposing is possible

• @ecstaticax said:
    But on forScore can I play a mp3 as backing track to main piano melody, and eventually transpose the mp3 backing track?

ForScore can show the score and have a backing track playing, which you can transpose easily, or change tempo. It can turn pages for you, or you can use a Bluetooth page turner and do it yourself. I don't think you can play an external keyboard through it, but if you have a piano app already it will play alongside forScore.

• @Fitz said:

@ecstaticax said:
    But on forScore can I play a mp3 as backing track to main piano melody, and eventually transpose the mp3 backing track?

ForScore can show the score and have a backing track playing, which you can transpose easily, or change tempo. It can turn pages for you, or you can use a Bluetooth page turner and do it yourself. I don't think you can play an external keyboard through it, but if you have a piano app already it will play alongside forScore.

Thanks a lot. This is quite perfectly what I need.

• @ecstaticax said:

@Fitz said:

@ecstaticax said:

Thanks a lot. This is quite perfectly what I need.

I got forScore at the same time as an iPad Pro 12, and it's transformed my playing. A4 size iPad plus a score reader that files my scores, turns pages, plays audio at various tempos etc. I would recommend it no problem. Don't forget the Blueboard, this really helped too.

• I got forScore at the same time as an iPad Pro 12, and it's transformed my playing. A4 size iPad plus a score reader that files my scores, turns pages, plays audio at various tempos etc. I would recommend it no problem. Don't forget the Blueboard, this really helped too.

I think I will buy too, even if I think IK Blueturn, which is cheaper, will be good too.

• @ecstaticax said:

I got forScore at the same time as an iPad Pro 12, and it's transformed my playing. A4 size iPad plus a score reader that files my scores, turns pages, plays audio at various tempos etc. I would recommend it no problem. Don't forget the Blueboard, this really helped too.

I think I will buy too, even if I think IK Blueturn, which is cheaper, will be good too.

If page turning is all you're going to do it should be fine. I use mine in DrumPerfect, Loopy, Aum etc. With an added expression pedal it also adds a volume control. Even in forScore I use it to change scores, start and restart audio, as well as page turning. It somehow bypasses the BlueBoard app and allows 8 different controls. And it works!

• I just bought forScore. I think it's stunning! It even records page turns when I play, so I don't need a Blueturn because it's synchronized with music. I downloaded MP3s and scores from dropbox and it worked like a charm.
    Thanks for help.

• Also, don't forget the half page turner. This really helps!

• If page turning is all you're going to do it should be fine. I use mine in DrumPerfect, Loopy, Aum etc. With an added expression pedal it also adds a volume control. Even in forScore I use it to change scores, start and restart audio, as well as page turning. It somehow bypasses the BlueBoard app and allows 8 different controls. And it works!

When I was younger I played in hotels and in many events with a midi setup made of two Roland keyboards and some korg expanders. At that time, having such an easy setup (ipad + blueboard) everything would have been much easier. At home actually I don't need a fast way to change scores, but should I play professionally as I did some years ago, it would be a killer application. Thanks.