Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMaschine 2 is on sale ($4,99 from $9,99)

Comments

• edited August 2016

Sold!
    Forgot to mention how cool it is to have it on the iPhone. I didn't know it allow you to export your tracks as Wav to Audioshare. Pasting can also be done but with Audiopaste. Works great though.

• edited September 2016

Guys, I'm really enjoying iMachine2 I can't believe how simple it was to make this beat and although the built in synths are a bit cheesie they're ok once you add effects and stuff but the awesome thing is how easy it is to create a backing track and heck I'm no drummer at all. But there's more, when I hooked it up with Blocs Wave OMG!!
    It was another world! With LINK enabled it was amazing!
    Recorded the whole thing in AUM. The pleasant surprise was that iMachine2 sync started with AUMs controls! I wonder though why BW didn't but it maybe me. Either way check it out and hope you all like my humble track made on an iPhone 5S.

iMachine2 & Blocs Wave at USA by MusicMan4Christ on #SoundCloud

• edited September 2016

@MusicMan4Christ Nice track :)

By the way... I caved and bought yet another app I didn't need. ;) But, I have to admit. This app is the most fun I've had playing with a $5 music app in awhile. Especially fun making your own kits. Didn't take long to get the hang of it either. Nor, did I need to read the manual at all. Watched a couple of hip-hop homies take it through it's paces in a couple short YouTube demo videos, and learned everything I need to know. Best $5 I've spent in awhile.

Might have to celebrate by getting off this soul-sucking computer connected to the internet and find a $5 happy-hour drink instead. ;)

• There's no way to share a user-made kit from one of your devices to another is there?

• @studioAB said:
    There's no way to share a user-made kit from one of your devices to another is there?

Not sure. I just bought it late last night. Just tried the "Export for Machine" feature that lets you export a project. Dropbox is one of the options. I tried one with a kit that I don't yet have on my iPhone. But, I couldn't find a way to open the iPad exported project on my iPhone install. That export might be exclusively for their Maschine hardware.

There might be a way, but I haven't figured that out yet. Curious if anyone else knows.

• Over all, it's a nice app, but exporting your recorded material is NOT fun....

• Can't you just load it up in AB or AUM and record into a DAW?

• edited September 2016

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Can't you just load it up in AB or AUM and record into a DAW?

Yes. But, I have to be reserved on this one. I only bought it last night. I regretted falling for yet another addictive app purchase, and played with it for a good while to decide if I was going to ask for a refund.

The impression this non-musician got, was that this app is freakin' fun, intuitive, easy to use, and reasonably customizable as well as expressive. I ultimately decided it's a steal at $5 for what you get. The included kits are cool IMHO. Some cheesy, but most appeal to me. The extra downloaded free kits are pretty cool too. Actually, I think it's the most iOS value I've got for $5 in as long as I can remember.

I'm not saying there aren't any gotchas. I haven't had it that long. I'm only saying is that in a VERY short time... I definitely got my $5 worth. :)

And, on top of all that, it's freakin' universal! I can run it on my lowly iPhone5.

• @skiphunt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Can't you just load it up in AB or AUM and record into a DAW?

Yes. But, I have to be reserved on this one. I only bought it last night. I regretted falling for yet another addictive app purchase, and played with it for a good while to decide if I was going to ask for a refund.

The impression this non-musician got, was that this app is freakin' fun, intuitive, easy to use, and reasonably customizable as well as expressive. I ultimately decided it's a steal at $5 for what you get. The included kits are cool IMHO. Some cheesy, but most appeal to me. The extra downloaded free kits are pretty cool too. Actually, I think it's the most iOS value I've got for $5 in as long as I can remember.

I'm not saying there aren't any gotchas. I haven't had it that long. I'm only saying is that in a VERY short time... I definitely got my $5 worth. :)

And, on top of all that, it's freakin' universal! I can run it on my lowly iPhone5.

I couldn't believe the shit this app got when the 2nd version was released. It was like the company responsible had sent rude pictures to their mothers lol.

I agree it's a cool little app for little pennies that is a lot of fun, not the spawn of Satan :p

• I exported my recordings as Wave files to Audioshare. It wasnt a problem at all. I will check but i think it went first to audiocopy, then there i selected open in audioshare.

@Audiojunkie said:
    Over all, it's a nice app, but exporting your recorded material is NOT fun....

• Think I'll just wait for the iMaschine 1 update. ;)

• I was just checking and see that no MIDI IN / OUT is being implemented.Is this correct?
    For me makes no sense to work when I have my real pads in my physical keyboard. I think I will find no benefit already having IMPC pro, or I am missing something? Anybody have them both and give their A/B comparison?

Thanks!

• Just wait for beatmaker3. If you can.

• I have no rush actually, so sure I can wait. It was more about if to take advantage of the discount or pass on this one...

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I exported my recordings as Wave files to Audioshare. It wasnt a problem at all. I will check but i think it went first to audiocopy, then there i selected open in audioshare.

@Audiojunkie said:
    Over all, it's a nice app, but exporting your recorded material is NOT fun....

Hmmm..... I could have sworn that it only did the old iTunes method for exporting. Maybe it's been upgraded since I last used it (or just as possible, I could have forgotten :smile: ).

• edited September 2016

I'm interested in using this as a loop launcher rather than as a drum machine.

How well does imaschine deal with loops, especially user loops? Do the pads have a looped play mode? Is there timestretching? I don't mind cutting perfect loops outside the app, but once a perfectly cut loop is loaded, it would be good if the app managed it properly.

Are non 4/4 time signatures possible?

• Imaschine2 is great but limited. I create in im2 but then resample back into bm2. Im2 has a great sound though. Just lacking in instruments. Throw some simple keys and strings and horns in there and it can be a winner. Def worth the 5 or 10 bucks plus sample packs.

• Here's a screenshot of. The exporting options:

• Thanks for sharing that @MusicMan4Christ . Being able to record loop launching performances then export audio four separate tracks is a big advantage over Launchpad and other loop launchers IMO.

I may just take a flyer on this one, but would love to hear if anyone has experience importing and launching their own loops into imaschine 2 (as opposed to launching one shots).

• I haven't tried that but Audiopaste seems to be currently broken. Every time I try to paste, it launches the Audiopaste app but then it says it failed to connect. I don't know if it's user error but I will notify the developer.

So far there's a lot to explore with all the built in sounds. I might get the whole enchilada package for $9.99 but haven't decided yet. The fast that AUMs transport actually sync start iMachine2 and everything plays in sync with Blocs Wav, was a real pleasant surprise which made the purchase that much sweeter.

• edited September 2016

Ultimate Collection Pack just went on sale too!!!!! $4.99!!! From $9.99.

Get it while the gettings goot!!!

• ^Related to BM3 news?
    Not sure yes/no, but there will be not one thing that iM2 will have over BM3 if I'm computing things correctly.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Ultimate Collection Pack just went on sale too!!!!! $4.99!!! From $9.99.

Get it while the herrings goot!!!

Would you share how much space gets the Ultimate Collection Pack? Or the app including whole packs?

Thanks.

• @Redo1 said:
    ^Related to BM3 news?
    Not sure yes/no, but there will be not one thing that iM2 will have over BM3 if I'm computing things correctly.

I agree! And can't wait.

• The footprint of iM2 is 500meg and the Ultimate Collection pack is another 1.6g.

I find iM2's nearest kin to be BeatHawk and though the latter is superior in several ways playing with both leads to different enough results to justify having iM2.

The Ultimate Collection for $5 renders iM2 as host worth it alone despite having very little tweak-ability over the (generally great) samples themselves.

• Thanks, @Proppa. I was the same doubt having BeatHawk, but €4,99 for 1,6 Gb of samples is a bargain.

• edited September 2016

@Proppa said:
    The Ultimate Collection for $5 renders iM2 as host worth it alone despite having very little tweak-ability over the (generally great) samples themselves.

Never used it much before, find BH superior/easier/more fun for writing tunes with (and don't get me started on the update as and when it arrives :)), but I think you're absolutely right as regards using this as a repository etc.

• Agree! Can't wait for BH!! But being on the iPhone lately more due to convenience, im2 has rally come thru

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Proppa said:

Never used it much before, find BH superior/easier/more fun for writing tunes with (and don't get me started on the update as and when it arrives :)), but I think you're absolutely right as regards using this as a repository etc.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Agree! Can't wait for BH!! But being on the iPhone lately more due to convenience, im2 has rally come thru

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Proppa said:

I thought there was a rumor about BH on the phone.....might be dreaming...

• Hi.

I don't know if something's wrong...I have purchased Ultimate Collection and some packs stille are showed as "for purchasing" (see the screen capture below).

Is that right? Thanks.