Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best App Tracker Now That Thesoundtestroom Is No More?

My apologies for the newb query, is there a website providing equivalent coverage to soundtestroom for price drops / free music iOs apps? Thesoundtestroom did a great job with their app tracker, and I have not found the equivalent since they closed shop.
Obliged,
Pup

Comments

• Appshopper.com

It's a little slow on things. Discchord frequently is up on things. And of course anything new or updated that is AB compatible will be on the apps tab at this very site.

• I primarily used AppShopper for this anyway, in conjunction with threads on this site:

http://appshopper.com/music/

• I have looked at Appshopper.com but it seems kind of awkward and I could not find a single link listing only price drops / free iOS apps of just the type we would be interested in.

• edited August 2016

Appshopper: it seems to include a number of apps that would not be of much interest to us, plus it seems there is no easy way to view a large number of apps without a lot of scrolling, whereas thesoundtestroom only had apps that would be of interest to us (pretty much) plus you could view a large number of apps at a glance with little or no scrolling .

Discchord: kind of rambling and irreverent at times (I have no qualms with this in general, but only for this particular) and it also seems there is no easy way to view a large number of apps without a lot of scrolling.

Threads on this site: kind of rambling and irreverent at times (I have no qualms with this in general, but only for this particular) and it also seems there is no easy way to view a large number of apps without a lot of scrolling.

In no way am I suggesting I do not appreciate Appshopper, Discchord and Audiobus, but none of them make up for thesoundtestroom's now extinct app tracker in terms of speed and ease of use. I do not wish to place that much time accessing the internet because I only have a few decades more on this planet, and then 'll be kaput; time spent accessing the internet is time I would rather use more creatively (or for sleeping).

• edited August 2016

No idea the soundtestroom app page was that good. Never visited the site as the videos where on YouTube. Honestly between this page and the iPad musician group on Facebook I find out about everything pretty quickly. No idea about sites/apps that track apps... Maybe this?

http://www.musicappnews.com/great_deals.php

• edited August 2016

Oh, that one looks promising and speedy, I appreciate the link! As to Facebook, Twitter, in fact the gamut of most social media (not all) I do not use them for the same reasons as above, life is too short, and life for me is not the internet (no critique intended of those who feel otherwise).

• edited August 2016

Interestingly, some apps labled "sale" (example - AUM) on the Music App News website are actually price increases in the appshopper app. On the app you can see the history of price changes and updates. I've used the appshopper app for ages, and love it!
    (edited for clarity)

• They're still on YouTube. Musicappblog.com is still the best for written reviews in my opinion. Hell they even cover maintenance updates. So I I'm pretty much covered between those two

• Also discchord and palmsounds

• I can recommend AppZapp (Pro). Although it also shows all the junk music apps but it's pretty convenient.

• Personnally, I've always used this forum... There is always (at least) a post on the first page when a app is discounted temporarly ;-)

• I too have used AppShopper.com for a longtime, it was especially my main source for app discovery early on. Doing an "all music app" price change search I ran into most sales & most of the "standard" iOS must haves (whether they were on sale or not).

You just gotta be patient because going with "music production" or some other search string won't yield you everything. Just searching plain "music" is fine...although weeding through all the streaming radio stations & every app even remotely connected with music can be trying. You run into scores of radio apps & misc. crap. But it's thorough and very informative (how long app's been out, price history, etc).

• Thank you everyone for your support and kindness!