Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Will this IOS external drive work with Audioshare?

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/35054/imation-32gb-link-power-drive-for-apple-lightning-iphone-ipad

Just wondering if I could back up my Audioshare files and then use this to access them from my computer.

Comments

• I don't think you may directly use Audioshare to save but you can use Filebrowser as a bridge...

• another aspect worth considering: flash memory comes in a lot of variants
    It's unlikely that a $60 device (like the one linked) will come anywhere close to the data rate that lightning provides.
    Same applies to many SD cards, at least all I've ever used were slow like snails.
    btw my workhorse 8 GB stick ($100, ages ago...) transfers 20k files (2GB) in a couple of minutes, while the same content on 'regular' media takes half an hour or more.
    A fast WLan connection may be the speedier option and avoids cable mess.

• I don't know if AudioShare has or will get 'native' support for USB Flashdrives.

I do know every manufacturer has their own app for accessing their content and to my knowledge there is no generic iOS framework that can access the content on all flash drives apart from Apple Photos that only looks for DCIM folder for pictures...

Sandisk has made their iXpand.app 'open source' but it has very, very bad documentation.

I have one other app (inFuse media player) that can directly access the iXpand Flash drive and play media from it and also manage the files without even having to install the iXpand.app from Sandisk.

So technically it is possible for developers to add native support for usb flash-drives by including the framework for the drive(s) they want to support.

• That should work fine in AudioShare for Wav, MP3, MIDI, and more...hopefully it works like the SanDisk lightning flash drive and app that I use.

• @TozBourne said:
    That should work fine in AudioShare for Wav, MP3, MIDI, and more...hopefully it works like the SanDisk lightning flash drive and app that I use.

Just out of curiosity. Are you using the 'Open In...' to send/copy files to your Sandisk Flash drive?

If AudioShare had native support it would be possible to 'sync' files&folders between AudioShare and the FlashDrive.

I'm using the 64GB version of this.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/mobile-device-storage/ixpand

• thumbs up, that's way cool B)

• This is how the iXpand integration looks like in inFuse :)

You can browse and manage the files on the iXpand devices just as easily as you can do with the local files and attached network drives.

This kind of integration would be totally awesome in apps such as Cubasis, AudioShare and any other 'File Manager'. The app that Sandisk provides is awfull...

• @Samu -- oops, I missed your first post, sorry about that. I had no idea that SanDisk made an open source app. But yes, all of these devices have to use their own apps as there is no file support otherwise. The SanDisk iXpand is not ideal both physically and app-wise, but I'm happy that I have some storage alternative since my iPad-mini2 is my workhorse iOS device, but with only 32GB.

• Thanks everyone, looks like the sandisk will do what I want. I only want audio-share support

• does the SanDisk app support folder copy in AudioShare ?

• edited August 2016

@Telefunky said:
    does the SanDisk app support folder copy in AudioShare ?

No, it's one-file-at-a-time; a grueling task at times, but (for me) better than no external storage.

• Best practice I've found when transferring files to external devices is to zip the folder in AudioShare before using the 'Open In...' to send the file.

• @TozBourne said:

@Telefunky said:
    does the SanDisk app support folder copy in AudioShare ?

No, it's one-file-at-a-time; a grueling task at times, but (for me) better than no external storage.

thanks, just checked it again... transfer from Audioshare is one file only, too (web access)
    so Samu's method would ease the pain somewhat...
    but at least for upload from the PC to Audioshare multiple files drop into a folder is possible, which would be (in my case) the most frequent task to move temporary content from an archive to a project

• The closest I've come to "universal external storage" is using my hootoo wireless hub with usb drives, and filebrowser accessing them like any other hard drive.

Remember how much more we could do, before computing got "easier"?

• @TozBourne said:
    @Samu Yes,

![]

Well isn't that a sexy screenshot! Thanks for the enlightening!

• Another big vote here for the HooToo.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    The closest I've come to "universal external storage" is using my hootoo wireless hub with usb drives, and filebrowser accessing them like any other hard drive.

Remember how much more we could do, before computing got "easier"?

Yep. This. You can even plug a full-on hard drive into it and copy to/from there or even to a network shared folder on a desktop PC (and a host of other options). Plus you can have your own private WiFi network for Link and network MIDI, battery powered, charging your iPad and/or powering a hub (with no AC buzz) all at the same time. Love it.

• AC doesn't buzz, it hums ;)
    I'd take that any time over the DC bullshit switching PSUs that come with everything today.
    If buzz disturbs you, then it's DC based (from rectifiers and even more switching regulation)