Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patch Base & Sysex Base - Any users out there?

2»

Comments

• @Telefunky said:
    End of December there was a message by the developer that IOS 14.3 fixes crashes experienced in 14.2.
    The Microkorg editor has been overhauled a couple if days ago.
    (you may have received those emails, too)

Thanks. The update is what’s giving me crashes, unfortunately.

• @purpan2 said:

@Telefunky said:
    End of December there was a message by the developer that IOS 14.3 fixes crashes experienced in 14.2.
    The Microkorg editor has been overhauled a couple if days ago.
    (you may have received those emails, too)

Thanks. The update is what’s giving me crashes, unfortunately.

My mistake. Trying to update to 14.3 now.

• edited January 2021

I used Patch Base with Roland JD-Xi and it works. It is reading values into the app from the instrument, edit values and flush them back into the instrument - not live editing.

• Update. Still crashing instantly when opening editor on 14.3.

• Wow. An update’s just out that fixes the problem. That was quick work! Thanks to the developer.

• @MobileMusic said:
    I used Patch Base with Roland JD-Xi and it works. It is reading values into the app from the instrument, edit values and flush them back into the instrument - not live editing.

Are you sure? It’s been a while but unless I’m becoming senile I edited the JDXi live with patch base (otherwise it would just become a guesswork when making new patches).

• @ChrisG said:

@MobileMusic said:

Are you sure? It’s been a while but unless I’m becoming senile I edited the JDXi live with patch base (otherwise it would just become a guesswork when making new patches).

I’ll take it back partially. I don’t remember if it was Patch Base or JDXi Manager but it doesn’t read values automatically on connecting to the app. We have to press a button the read values from JDXi into the app. I’ll update this about live editing when I connect the app to JDXi next time.